You Only Love

The Boy's Letter

“Dad. I miss Mom. When is she coming home?”

 

“She’ll be home soon.” Changmin said to his son. After Yejin and Changmin went back to Seoul they quickly sought Dr. YANG for treatment. It has been six months now since Yejin started receiving treatment. There have been no major changes regarding her condition but the doctors are doing their best. She is currently at the hospital. Changmin will drop by as soon as he finished his schedule to pick her up.

 

“Oh. Okay.” Changjin said as he sat on the couch.

 

“Be good champ, okay?” Changmin said as he knelt in front of the boy. Changjin nodded.

 

“Promise?” Changmin held out his pinkie. Changjin held out his and made a promise with his father.

 

“Mom, will be home soon.” Changmin said as he kissed Changjin’s forehead and hugged him tight.

 

~

 

“Yejin-ah, are you okay?” Changmin called from outside the bathroom. Yejin had been inside for awhile now and he was getting worried.

 

“I’m fine.” Yejin croaked as she started to feel the vile liquid seeping in to . Nausea and endless vomiting are what she had been experiencing since she started treatment. She had to endure all of these for Changmin and Changjin, she wanted to get better.

 

“Are you okay?” Changmin asked as soon as Yejin stepped out of the bathroom.

 

“I’m okay.” Yejin replied weakly. Changmin hugged Yejin he wanted to say something but he did not know what.

 

“Let’s get ready for dinner. Champ will be here soon.” Yejin said as she pried away Changmin’s hands.

 

“Hey baby!” Yejin said as soon as she saw Changjin entered the house his clothes dirtied with mud. He had been playing soccer with Junsu.

 

“Mom!” The boy yelled as he run to his mother.

 

“How did it go baby?” Yejin asked as she hugged him.

 

“It was awesome. I think I like soccer.”

 

“You do? That’s good. Let’s get you cleaned up, Daddy cooked dinner.”

 

“Really? Let’s go then.” The little boy replied.

 

~

 

Jagiya. How about we go out tomorrow? Just the two of us.” Changmin said as he hugged Yejin, her back facing him as they lie in bed.

 

“Changjin?”

 

“Jaejoong hyung is taking him out tomorrow. He kept complaining why it’s always Junsu hyung who gets to spend time with Changjin.” Changmin replied.

 

“Okay.” Yejin agreed.

 

“I love you.” Changmin chirped as he hugged Yejin closer. Yejin let iut a small laugh.

 

“I love you too.”

 

~

 

“What should I wear?” Yejin was choosing her outfit. She and Changmin had not been out together for awhile now and she was feeling giddy like it was their first date all over again.

 

“Okay, this one.” Yejin muttered to herself as she started dressing up. She wore light make-up. Changmin said he would pick her up at the community park. She sat at the bench waiting.

 

“You’re beautiful.” Yejin looked up when he heard a familiar voice. She felt her cheeks heat up at the sudden compliment.

 

“HA. Stop it.” Yejin said as she stood and locked arms with Changmin. She was looking forward to it. They have not been out for awhile now, just the two of them she loved the idea although she really wished Changjin could come.

 

“Where are we going?” Yejin asked. They were now inside Changmin’s car.

 

“A place you love.” Changmin answered as he continued driving.

 

“We’re here.” Changmin said to Yejin who had drifted off to sleep. Yejin yawned and stretched like a cat before looking at her surroundings.

 

They were at an amusement park they used to go on their dates before. They had to sneak around during school days at night so that there will be less people. Yejin loved amusement parks.

 

They went to the counter and had themselves tagged with ride all you can bracelets. They started riding different rides. They would go to their favourites and try out the new ones. The sky was starting to get dark and they both decided to grab a bite.

 

“We should bring along Changjin next time.” Yejin said as she plopped down on the chair, too exhausted from the rides.

 

“We should.” Changmin said as he handed Yejin a opened bottle of water.

 

“And these! I missed these!” Yejin said as she took a slice of pizza with her right hand and a burger with her left hand.

 

“Easy baby, the food is not going anywhere.” Changmin said as he took a slice of pizza for himself.

 

“You made me like this. If I was eating with other people I wouldn’t have to worry about not getting enough for myself.” Yejin said as she continued eating. Changmin laughed at her words. He reached out for a napkin and wiped the stray crumbs on Yejin’s lips.

 

“Eat slowly…” He said as he continued eating. They ate and talked about the rides they have been to and convinced themselves that they should definitely bring Changjin next time.

 

“Hey. Up for one more ride?” Changmin asked Yejin they had finished eating.

 

“The one?” Yejin asked. Changmin nodded in reply.

 

Yejin got up and hooked arms with Changmin. Before they stepped in to the final ride, Changmin bought a red balloon.

 

“For me?” Yejin asked as Changmin came back.

 

“No. It’s for Changjin.” Changmin said as he stuck out his tongue to Yejin.

 

“You.”Yejin said as she playfully hit Changmin’s shoulder.

 

“Let’s go.” Changmin said as he held Yejin in his arms.

 

They will ride the Ferris wheel. It was their favourite whenever they go to an amusement park the visit would not be completely without riding it. The ride started and when they were at the top, the ride stopped and the lights were turned off. Only the light coming from the moon and the city skyline illuminated them. Changmin hugged Yejin close to him.

 

“You. What are you up to this time?” Yejin questioned Changmin. Changmin only looked at her innocently. Yejin rolled her eyes and just looked outside staring at the thousand lights. Changmin rested his chin on Yejin’s shoulder and hugged her closer.

 

“Let’s get married.” Changmin’s voice echoed. For awhile they were silent.

 

“Don’t say that because you feel sorry for me.” Yejin said as she touched Changmin’s arms.

 

“I’m saying this because I love you not because I feel sorry for you.”

 

“But…” Yejin tried to argue. She was not expecting Changmin to think of this. She only had a few months left to live. Why would he want to get married to her?

 

“You know I love you. Don’t think that I only thought of this lately. I thought of it before I even went to the army. Let’s be a family.” Changmin said. Yejin’s tears started falling she turned to see Changmin’s face; she closed her eyes when she felt Changmin’s lips on her forehead. After awhile fireworks started lighting up the sky. Yejin chuckled as Changmin wiped her tears away.

 

“Ey. Don’t cry. You won’t see the fireworks clearly.” They turned to look out the window and watched the fireworks. When the display was over the Ferris wheel started running again.

 

“I love you.” Yejin whispered to Changmin.