Balloons

The Boy's Letter

Eomma! Eomma!” Changjin yelled out from atop Changmin’s shoulders. They have been running around the market for awhile now. Feeling his arms grew weak earlier, Changmin had decided to place Changjin on his shoulders while holding on to his hands.

 

“Changmin!” Junsu called out to them. The two turned to look where it was coming from.

 

“Have you found her?” Junsu said in between breaths.

 

“No hyung.” Changmin replied to Junsu.

 

“Why don’t you bring him down Changmin, I’m sure the kid would be grateful to be able to eat something. I bought cookies.” Jaejoong called out from afar as he handed Changjin a bag of cookies and a box of orange juice when he got near.

 

“Where could his mother be?” Jaejoong muttered as he watched Changjin eat. The kid sure knows how to eat as he downed his fourth cookie. He could not help but smile, it reminded him of someone.

 

“Don’t you think we should just send him home? You know where she lives.” Yoochun suggested as they all gathered waiting for Yunho.

 

Hyung, would you go home when you know your child is missing in a market?” Changmin replied to Yoochun.

 

“Just saying.” Yoochun shrugged off.

 

They all stayed silent for awhile trying to think of something when Yunho came.

 

“You guys, I went over to the nearest police station…” Yunho said as soon as they could hear him.

 

“And… and she’s there.”

 

“We should go.” Jaejoong said. Changmin quickly picked up Changjin who was still busy munching on his cookies.

 

They finally reached the police station. Changmin was nervous he did not know what to say when they meet. So, he had asked Yunho to face Yejin.

 

“Excuse me, Yejin-ssi…” Yunho approached Yejin who was sitting near the officers’ desk.

 

Yejin looked up at Yunho, she was about to run away when Changjin came running to her.

 

Eomma! Eomma!” Changjin said as he showered Yejin with butterfly kisses. Yejin hugged her son closer and broke down.

 

Eomma, mianhae. It won’t happen again.” Changjin said as he hugged his mother.

 

“YAH. SONG Changjin! Stop running off like that. Mom was very worried about you.” Yejin said as she scolded her son in mock anger and hugged him closer and kissed him again. She smelled something familiar when she hugged Changjin closer to her. She could smell his scent. She looked around and she saw him. He was looking at her.

 

Changmin.

 

Changjin started to break away from Yejin’s arms. He started to run off to Changmin.

 

Ahjusshi! Gomawo!” Changjin said to Changmin.

 

Yejin moved closer to them.

 

Eomma! These ahjusshis helped me.” Changjin said as he held on to his mother’s hand.

 

“You guys should talk will take care of Changjin.” Jaejoong said as he got hold of Changjin’s hand and knelt before him.

 

“Let’s go somewhere for awhile kid. Eomma would talk to her friend.” Jaejoong said to little Changjin.

 

“Okay.” Changjin said as he followed Jaejoong who held him by the hand.

 

“So, what do you think their doing now?” Junsu said as the four of them gathered around Changjin.

 

“Oh!” Changjin pointed to a red balloon.

 

“I just wish they could talk things through.” Jaejoong said as he watched the kid being fascinated by the red balloon.

 

“Changjin-ah, do you want that?” Jaejoong asked Changjin as he pointed to a red balloon. Changjin nodded furiously as Jaejoong chuckled.