Hey Kid!

The Boy's Letter

 

JANUARY 28, 2016

2:45PM KST

 

“Changjin-ah, come here!” Yejin called out to her son who was playing with his friends at the sandbox.

 

Changjin stood up and dusted his hands and went to his mother.

 

Yejin caught him and her arms and twirled the two of them.

 

Changjin was smiling brightly.

 

Yejin hugged his son tightly.

 

Eomma! I got a lot of stars from Teacher Chae Ri today! Look!” Changjin pointed at the stars on his hand.

 

Aigoo! My son is so smart.” Yejin said while pinching his son’s nose.

 

“Just like mom!” Changjin said beaming then hugging his mother.

 

Eomma, I’m hungry.”

 

“What do you want to eat?”

 

“Grandma Min Kyung’s Ddukbbuki!” Changjin said with both his arms raised and laughing afterwards.

 

“Let’s go!”

 

Yejin was so happy today she heard news that he woke up. She was so worried about him to the point that she wanted to visit him in Seoul but what good would ‘they’ bring to him especially now that they’re back, stronger than ever.

 

She looked at his son with loving eyes, her joy; Changjin was happily eating his second serving of ddukbboki. Where did he get all that appetite? His lips with sauces, his eyes mismatched whenever he smiles. Just like his father.

 

“Yejin-ah, eat more.” Grandma Min Kyung has always been kind to her and Changjin. She treated them like her own daughter and grandson. Grandma Min Kyung lived alone after her husband died seven years ago.

 

“Neh, thank you so much halmeoni.” Yejin took the plate of ddukkboki and ate it.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Apologies it took me awhile to update. ^_^