Strong Heart

The Boy's Letter

OCTOBER 6, 2016

9:45PM KST

 

Yejin was folding their clothes in front of the TV when she tuned in into a channel.

 

TVXQ were guests at ‘Strong Heart’ which is now hosted by Lee Dongwook and Shin Dong Yup.

 

“Now, to our main story… That’s an interesting title you got there. Changmin-ssi” Dong Yup said pertaining to Changmin’s.

 

“’My long lost lover and son’? What is this all about Changmin-ssi?” Dongwook asked.

 

“I have thought about this hard and consulted with the company if I could tell this story to the people and they gave me the ‘go’ signal.” Changmin began.

 

“Before I entered the army, I had a girlfriend for two years. During those times nobody knew that ‘Shim Changmin’ was dating, let alone who she was dating. Nobody knew her not even Yunho hyung.”

 

“Is this true?” Dongwook quickly asking Yunho confirming Changmin’s statement.

 

Neh. During those times there was not even a single article or rumor if Changmin was dating and who could it be. He never told me anything about his relationship.” Yunho explained.

 

“He hid her very well. Not introducing her to anyone, even his parents did not know that their eldest and only son had a girlfriend for two years.” Yunho added.

 

“Please continue on with your story.” Dongwook said to Changmin.

 

“She was my girlfriend for two years before I left for the army. Before I went to the army she told me that we should not see each other during my entire enlistment period not even during my days off. The last time I saw her was the night before I left for the army. If fans, friends and family would kindly recall I was nowhere to be found the night before my enlistment. I was with her. Back then she promised that we would see each other again at the same place and at the same time we first met after I finished my military service but she did not come. However, three months ago I saw her again.” Changmin continued with his story.

 

“Ten months ago, Changmin had not remembered anything related to his celebrity life he only remembered things that had nothing to do with his idol career he mostly remembered friends from high school and grade school but not our labelmates and former trainees. He then insisted that we go to Gwangju, my hometown in Jeollado. Believe it or not he saw her girlfriend there and actually regained all the memories he had. But there’s something more.” Yunho said.

 

“Before I continue on with my story, I want to ask forgiveness from all of my fans, Cassiopeia and the people who loved me and is watching right now. I humbly wish for your understanding.”

 

Everyone is silent for awhile.

 

“I, Shim Changmin, am a father to two-year old Song Changjin.”

 

Everyone in the studio was baffled by Changmin’s testimony, each and every one of the audience were thrown in a fit of mania. Only the members remained calm. Even Dongwook and Dong Yup could not hold themselves together.

 

“And I actually hated myself for not being there for him not being able to see him grow, all because of my idol status. His mother Song Yejin, my girlfriend for two years hid the fact that she was carrying our child, worrying about my reputation as an idol. Afraid that everything might be over for me if the child was known, she just hid and took everything to herself. Yejin-ah if you’re watching this, please give me a chance to be a father to our child and part of his life and please know that I love you so much.”

 

Everyone in the studio could not believe what they were hearing.

 

“Well, this is a shocker. Everyone… I’m actually speechless right now.” Dongwook tried to rein in the situation in the best way possible.

 

“Everyone even celebrities are human. We make mistakes, we’re not perfect. Seeing your support for us, makes us want to do more and strive to be better. What you heard tonight we'll just leave it all up to you. Changmin-ssi, I wish you all the best in whatever you do from now on. Personally, I believe that you have done the right thing. Now, will Changmin’s ‘Long Lost Lover and Son’ beat out Shindong’s ‘Happy Ever After’ to win this edition of ‘Strong Heart’?” Shin Dong Yup announced to the crowd.

 

And the results are in, Changmin won.

 

~

 

Eomma! Isn’t that ahjusshi who said he’s my Dad? Is he famous?” Changjin said while pointing to the TV.

 

Yejin got the remote and switched off the TV. Changjin felt down he’s never seen his Mom this upset. He gave her a back hug.

 

Eomma, mianhaeyo. I would not do it again.”

 

Yejin calmed down and hugged her son.

 

“It’s okay Changjin-ie. Eomma is not mad at you. Should we eat some snacks?”

 

“Yes…” Little Changjin trailed off.