The Boy's Letter

The Boy's Letter

DECEMBER 26, 2015

10:00PM KST

 

“Changmin-ah! I brought crabs from Hokkaido, let’s eat!”

 

Yunho called out to Changmin as he entered their dormitory. Their dormitory has two rooms one for him and one for Changmin. Each room has big windows overlooking the Seoul city skyline which was breathtaking every night. Their kitchen was not too big and not too small it was just about right for the two of them who rarely spend their time at the kitchen. Changmin was the one in charge of refilling the cabinets and fridge with groceries simply because he’s the one who eats the most.

 

There’s only one bathroom that they shared, so after six long years together Changmin still yells at him for moving too slow, he chuckled at the thought there is just simply no changing his habit of doing an entire choreography and singing two or three songs and the one thing Changmin hates about him, brushing his teeth in the middle of the bathroom floor away from the sink and leaving the tube of toothpaste sprawled on it.

 

The interiors were of the shade of cream the furniture was mostly made of wood or earthly in color. And just across their living room was a huge mirror with a counter made of jade wide enough for someone they know to lie down. When you enter their dormitory you would quickly see a picture hanging at the corridor. It was the same picture they used to have when all five of them were still living together way back 2004.

 

Their dormitory was the only place they get to see the other three. Here was the only place they get to be who they really are, out of sight of their fans, their friends, their families and most importantly their company. It was all here they vent out their emotions, five years they still wished as hard as anyone. The new thing in their living room now is the medium sized red Christmas tree just high up until Yunho’s shoulder decorated by Changmin; it was always there every Christmas season. Under it were three pictures and a note.

 

Dear Santa Claus, This is what we want for Christmas!

We have been nice and good throughout the year.

-Yunho and Changmin

 

Those three pictures were pictures of their other members Junsu, Yoochun and Jaejoong.

 

Changmin thought of it and Yunho was feeling the same way too. Their dormitory was the only place off limits to their company. But the company could not care less about the two of them now. He sighed.

 

Was I wrong for wanting to be TVXQ? Yunho often asked himself nowadays.

 

Only the two of them lived together now after Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu filed an injunction against their agency, SM Entertainment, six years ago and they finally won the lawsuit. Changmin has stayed with him all throughout ever since the beginning up until now, he was his only haven whom he can tell everything, not even his parents could make him open up. It was Changmin who had listened to him patiently. He would not know where he would be now if it wasn’t for Changmin.

 

It was Changmin who gave him strength more than his family and friends. He was to him, his own blood brother, the other three, were brothers for him too but he cared the most for Changmin, it was always Changmin first, Junsu, Yoochun, Jaejoong, the young ones first and him last.

 

Oh, that’s strange, Changmin usually gets giddy with just the mention of crabs and it’s no ordinary crabs, it is Hokkaido crabs. Why is it so dark in here? Changmin went out? I told him to text or call me whenever he would.

 

Yunho left the crabs on the table and went to Changmin’s room and knocked, feeling that the door is not locked he opened it and reached for the light switch. Yunho got the shock of his life.

 

There on his bed Changmin lying, blood spilling from his right wrist, his lips as pale as the white snow outside. It was their twelfth anniversary as TVXQ; it was December 26th 2015 that night.

 

Yunho stood for awhile speechless then snapped out of it.

 

He proceeded to Changmin’s bed and picked him up into his back then ran as fast as he could to his car, he put Changmin at the passenger seat, he held Changmin’s hand he still felt pulse and so he drove as fast as he could ignoring the traffic lights while dialling his manager’s number and instructing him to call Changmin’s family.

 

Changmin-ah, please don’t leave hyung like this. Please don’t leave hyung alone. God, please don’t take Changmin. God, please don’t take Changmin away from me. He still has a bright future waiting for him.

 

Yunho reached the hospital got off from his car and took Changmin yelling to the staff at hospital. Changmin was then wheeled in to the emergency room, leaving Yunho alone outside.