Vacation

The Boy's Letter

 

JULY 18, 2016

5:30PM KST

 

“Changmin-ah!” Yunho called out as he entered Changmin’s room. Changmin smiled awkwardly.

 

Who’s this guy?

 

“How are you feeling?” Yunho asked Changmin as he started peeling oranges. It has been six months since Changmin woke up with no memories of TVXQ or being an idol. It had been hard on their part simply because they could actually perform as five but Changmin could not remember anything.

 

For the past six months, they have been doing solo and trio activities. JYJ is now actively promoting a new album. Yunho is busy filming his new drama as well as Junsu. Junsu has been invited to act in a romantic comedy series alongside labelmate SONG Jihyo. The group has been working on a new comeback album as five but has not been able to release it. They have already finished their recordings but is still waiting for Changmin to regain his memories so he could start recording and practicing for their comeback.

 

All four of them visit Changmin almost every day in hopes that by doing so Changmin would gain back his memories faster but there have been no signs of improvement for the past six months.

 

*Flashback*

 

JANUARY 28, 2016

5:30PM KST

 

All four of them hurriedly went to the hospital after finishing their schedules when they heard that Changmin has woken up, unknown to them the circumstances Changmin was in.

 

“Changminnie! I missed you.” Junsu quickly hugged Changmin as soon as he saw him. Jaejoong followed suit by hugging the two. Yunho and Yoochun just stood near them.

 

Junsu and Jaejoong both let go of Changmin and took a step back when after awhile Changmin was looking at them with confused eyes.

 

“YAH, it’s me. KIM Junsu, Junsu.” Junsu quickly said to Changmin. Changmin just looked at him.

 

“HEY! Don’t j-joke around Changmin.” Jaejoong said to Changmin his voice unsure.

           

“I apologize but I can’t really remember.” Changmin said apologetic. He could not remember them but he felt that they were important.

       

*End of Flashback*

 

July 18, 2016

5:30 KST

 

“What’s the sea we often go to?” Changmin asked as he took a piece of the peeled orange.

 

“Sea? Hmmm. whenever we go to my hometown we always stop by the beach.” Yunho answered as he continued peeling some fruits.

 

“Can we go there?” Changmin asked Yunho. A scene from a beach kept on appearing in his dreams.

 

“Why would you want to go?” Yunho was curious.

 

“No particular reason, I just wanted to see something.” Changmin was not yet ready to tell Yunho that a beach kept on appearing in his dreams.

 

“You sure you want to go out of the hospital? Have you remembered anything?” Yunho was getting more curious with Changmin's request of going to the countryside.

 

“No. I just thought maybe fresh air would help me remember.” Changmin still not telling Yunho anything.

 

“I’ll ask the doctors and manager hyungs if we could go tomorrow, wait here.” Yunho assured Changmin as he got hold of his phone and went out of the room.

 

Changmin sighed he hated himself for not being able to remember anything.

 

JULY 20, 2016

7:05AM KST

 

“Changmin-ah, are you okay?” Yunho asked Changmin they were now on their way to a beach in Yunho's hometown.

 

“Yes.” Changmin said as he looked out the window. He sat at the back of the van while Yunho sat in front of him.

 

“We could always go back.” Yunho said to Changmin seeing that the younger does not seem to be comfortable.

 

“No, let’s go.” Changmin insisted.

 

Changmin and Yunho stayed silent inside the van during the entire trip.

 

Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu will follow later after finishing their schedules.

 

“We’re here! Eomma! Appa! Jihye!” Yunho called out in his dialect.

 

The family was surprised to see Yunho and Changmin.

 

Aigoo! Why didn’t you say you would be coming and you brought Changmin too?” Yunho’s mom said as she hugged his son and also gave Changmin a hug.

 

“Neh, Oppa why didn’t you drop a word?” Jihye said as he hugged his brother.

 

“Welcome back.” Yunho’s father said to Yunho as he hugged and patted his back.

 

Yeobo, prepare food they must be hungry. Come in, come in” Yunho’s father lead the two in their living room.

 

Eomma, Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu will be coming over too later.” Yunho yelled to his mom as they went to the living room.

 

Changmin was silent.

 

“I’ll be outside.” He finally spoke.

 

He went for a walk around town and stopped at a nearby elementary school playground. He stopped by the playground and sat for awhile looking at the children playing by the sand box, that’s when he saw her, the girl in his dream. Everything went back to him like a wave. Luckily, he was sitting or else he would have fallen on the ground.

 

He watched her; she called a boy and hugged him.

 

She’s married? No, it can’t be she only loved me.

 

Changmin felt betrayed, he quickly got up and made his way back to Yunho’s house.

 

As soon as he got inside the house, Yunho saw Changmin’s long face.

 

“Changmin-ah, are you okay?” Yunho asked Changmin.

 

Changmin only nodded.

 

He sat down.

 

“I remember everything now. She left me and now she’s married.” Changmin muttered to himself.

 

“What? Who’s married?” Yunho said in both confudion and disbelief. Changmin never introduced a girl to her.

 

“I want to go to sleep hyung.”

 

“Your room is over there. Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu would be coming soon. You should eat first.”

 

“I’m not hungry.” Changmin replied.

 

Yunho sighed he could not do anything about it. He’ll have to discuss with the other three when they come.

 

 

 

 

 


Finally updated! I have summer classes but would still try to work on this story. Looking forward to your lovely comments and suggestions. :)

This has been me!