Forgotten Season

The Boy's Letter

“Dad. It’s Mom. She doesn’t look good. Could you come home now?” Little Changjin spoke through the phone. It has been a month since Changjin and Yejin moved in a house with Changmin at Seoul. Changjin had dialled his father’s phone number upon seeing his mother’s current state.

 

“I’ll call Grandma. Watch over her for awhile champ. I’m coming home.” Changmin replied to the little boy. As much as he wanted to be home right now, he can’t. He was miles away from Seoul for a filming. The group has been busy preparing for their comeback.

 

“Okay, I’ll wait for Grandma.” Changjin replied as he disconnected the phone call and went over to his mother who is currently lying in bed.

 

“Dad said he’ll come home soon and Grandma would be here.” Changjin said as he sat beside his mother.

 

“Changjinnie! Changjinnie!” Changjin heard someone called out to him. He immediately got up and went downstairs.

 

“Grandma! Grandpa! It’s Mom.” Changjin yelled as he quickly got hold of his grandmother’s hand and led them upstairs to the master’s bedroom.

 

“Omo.” Changjin’s grandmother gasped as she quickly went over to Yejin. She was burning from fever.

 

Yeobo. We need to bring her to the hospital.” Mrs. SHIM said to her husband who quickly lifted her and brought her downstairs.

 

“Changjinnie. Wait at the living room. Your aunt will come over here.” Mrs. SHIM said to the little boy.

 

“Where are you taking Mom? I wanna go to.” Changjin said as he held on to his grandmother’s hand.

 

“We’re going to the hospital. Be a good boy, stay here and wait for your aunt okay?” Mrs. SHIM said as she kissed the little boy’s forehead.

 

“Will Mom be okay?” Changjin asked his grandmother.

 

“Your mother will be fine.” Mrs. SHIM reassured the little boy.

 

Changjin sat at the couch waiting. He tried to call his father again but Changmin is not answering. He fell asleep waiting at the couch. He woke up in his bed with his aunt beside her.

 

“Auntie. Are Mom and Dad home yet?” Changjin shook his sleeping aunt.

 

“They are not yet home baby. Why don’t we eat breakfast first?” Changjin’s aunt carried him downstairs.

 

Waiting at the kitchen, Changjin tried to call his father again.

 

“Hey champ.” Changmin answered the call. He was at the hospital where Yejin was.

 

Appa, why didn’t you come home? Is Eomma alright? Grandma and Grandpa brought her to the hospital. Changjin is scared.” Changjin said when he heard his father.

 

Appa is with eomma right now. She’s still sleeping. Mommy is okay so don’t be scared champ.” Changmin said to his little boy.

 

“When are you coming home?” Changjin asked.

 

“When Mommy wakes up. We’ll come home soon. I love you son.” Changmin replied.

 

“I love you too Dad. Tell Mom that I love her and I miss you both.” Changjin said.

 

“I’ll tell her champ and we miss you so much. Eat your breakfast okay?.” Changmin said.

 

“Yes Dad.” The line disconnected.

 

“Mr. SHIM.” A doctor called out to Changmin.

 

“We still need to run a few more tests. Are you her legal guardian?” The doctor asked Changmin.

 

“Yes.” Changmin replied.

 

“Please accomplish the needed paper works at the nurses’ office.”

 

“Okay.” Changmin answered and went over to head for the nurses’ office.

 

“She could go home now. We’ll notify you of the results in a few days.” The doctor said to Changmin. Yejin has woken up a few hours ago.

 

“Let’s go home, Changjin has been worried about you.” Changmin said as he hugged Yejin and kissed her temple.

 

“I’m sorry for making the two of you worried.” Yejin said as she hugged Changmin.

 

“Silly girl.” Changmin said as he got up and started packing their things. They have been at the hospital for three days. Changmin had his sisters and parents watch over Changjin. He came home from time to time to see his son.

 

Eomma!” Changjin yelled as he came running towards his mother who in return hugged him.

 

“I missed you.” Changjin said as he hugged his mother closer and kissed her cheek.

 

“I missed you too baby.” Yejin whispered to her son.

 

~

 

It has been two days since Yejin got home. Changmin resumed his filming with the members while Changjin started attending a day care centre. Yejin was cleaning up at the kitchen when she heard the phone ring.

 

“Hello?” Yejin answered the phone.

 

“Hello. Is this where Ms. SONG Yejin lives?” A female voice answered from the other end of the line.

 

“Yes. May I know who this is please?” Yejin curtly answered.

 

“This is Nurse JANG Soomi of Seoul National Hospital. The results for your tests have come out, may we request that you drop by Doctor YANG’s office.”

 

“Oh. Thank you so much Nurse JANG.”

 

Yejin quickly prepared to head out for the hospital. She would pick up Changjin once she’s done at the hospital.

 

“Good morning Doctor YANG.” Yejin greeted as she entered Doctor YANG’s office.

 

“Ms. SONG.” Doctor YANG acknowledged Yejin.

 

“Have a seat.” Yejin sat down at the chair.

 

“I’m going to ask a few questions Ms. SONG to confirm a few things regarding your case.” Doctor YANG said as he got hold of the test results.

 

“Have you been having headaches in the past few weeks?”

 

“I have been suffering from headaches for awhile now. Is there something wrong with my brain Doctor?”

 

“You see Ms. SONG, your test results revealed tumour in your brain. And from the size of it, it has become inoperable. Medications are the only treatment we could offer as of now.”

 

Yejin sat there gaping at the man in a white coat. She could not believe what she was hearing. There must have been something wrong. They must have read wrongly, no it can’t be.

 

“I’m advising that you tell your legal guardian of the situation immediately so we could start with the treatment.”

 

She had brain tumour.

 

~

 

Eomma.” Changjin called out to his mother.

 

“I don’t think I want to go to school anymore.” Changjin said as his mother picked him up.

 

“Why baby?” Yejin said as she hugged his son.

 

“They made fun of me because I spoke differently.” Changjin answered.

 

“Don’t be discouraged baby.” Yejin said as she tried to calm down Changmin.

 

“Don’t be sad anymore baby. Daddy is coming home tonight and he brought a surprise for you.” Yejin tried to cheer up her son but it was no use.

 

“Baby, don’t be sad anymore. Mommy is going to be sad.” Yejin said softly as she caressed Changjin’s cheek.

 

“Changjin would not be sad anymore so smile Mommy.” Changjin said as he wiped his tears away.

 

“I love you Mommy.”

 

“I love you too baby.”

 

 

 

 


Kill me now! XX I apologize for not updating sooner. I'm working on the next two chapters. I... I don't know what to say anymore. I hope that you uhmmm *blank* this chapter. Changjin got teased 'cause he spoke in satoori. I'm no medical doctor. COMMENTS! I badly need them. HAHA. XD

 

always keep the faith.