Marriage

Kidnap my heart

Chapter fifty

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?” Yoseob immediately shouted out of immense shock.

 

“There’s no need to shout, oppa!” Inseo giggled. “Aigoo…you forgot already? Silly oppa!”

 

“Forgot about what?” Yoseob immediately fired back, a little too defensively.

 

Inseo sighed dramatically. “Don’t you remember sweetie? We planned to do this 4 months ago, or a week after you found me! Actually, I wanted to do it right away, but you told me it’d be better to wait for four months or so first before actually registering, so we could get things settled and stuff…”

 

Yoseob frowned, racking his brain to remember such a conversation that took place. Did he really plan to marry Inseo four months ago?

 

-FLASHBACK-

“Oppa ah…”

Inseo and Yoseob were lying on Yoseob’s bunk bed, with Inseo snuggled in Yoseob’s arms comfortably.

“Ne, Inyeong?” Yoseob smiled tenderly, playing with Inseo’s long locks.

“I love you”

“I love you too” Yoseob replied, without any form of hesitation whatsoever.

“Prove it”

 

“What?” Yoseob frowned and stared at Inyeong, puzzled by her abruptness. “Prove…prove what? You want me to prove that I…that I love you?”
 

Inseo sighed heavily. “I’m sorry, oppa…It’s just…it’s just…I’ve been having funny dreams lately. They keep bothering me when I sleep.”

 

“What kind of dreams?” Yoseob immediately asked, concerned.

 

“I was all alone…in my dream…” Inseo whispered. “It was dark…and I was alone. Scared and alone…I was desperately looking everywhere for you, oppa…but you were nowhere to be found…nowhere…”

 

“There was no one to protect me, no one to comfort me, no one at all…” Inseo choked, a tear sliding down her cheek slowly. “I was so scared, Yoseob oppa…I’m still scared.”

 

“I can’t help but think that one day, you won’t be with me anymore…and I’ll be all alone again…just like how I was all alone in my dream…” Inseo sniffed. “I’m sorry if I may sound desperate, but what I really need now is a sense of security, after all these years of being alone. So…”

 

“Say no more” Yoseob squeezed Inseo tightly in a soothing voice. “I understand. I understand it all.”
 

“You…you do?”

 

“Kim Inyeong” Yoseob suddenly sat up and looked into Inseo’s eyes seriously. “I love you, and I’m 100% serious about it. Will you marry me, Yang Yoseob?”

 

Immediately, Inseo’s eyes lit up and her tears were all gone, being replaced by a huge, wide beam.

 

“Of course I will, pabo! Of course I will!” Inseo squealed, throwing herself on top of Yoseob and hugging him to death. “I love you so much, oppa! When do we get married? Right now?”

 

“Of course not, silly” Yoseob chuckled, shaking his head with amusement. “That’s a little too abrupt, don’t you think? You haven’t even settled down here in Seoul yet.”

 

“Be patient. Let’s wait for four months, THEN register for our marriage, arraji?”

 

“Arraso, oppa! Saranghaeyo!”

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

That’s right. He thought, suddenly remembering the exact conversation which took place four months ago. We did plan for this. Heck, I even proposed to her.

But things were different back then. Yoseob had genuinely loved Inyeong when he proposed to her. He genuinely wanted to get married to her and live happily ever after.

 

But things weren’t like that anymore. Yoseob didn’t even know it, but ever since Eunmi and him made up, he had stopped loving Inyeong ever since.

 

But like I said, it was a pity he wasn’t aware of that fact. All he knew was that little by little, he started to dread receiving calls and texts from Inyeong. Little by little, he started to not mind, or even enjoy, her constant absence from his life because she was too busy shopping and partying. Little by little, he started to feel annoyed and even reluctant every time he handed her a stack of bills that he had worked so hard for, only to find her spending it frivolously and extravagantly. Little by little, he started to doubt whether she was really the same Kim Inyeong he had been kidnapped with. Because this Inyeong was nothing like the sweet, gentle and kind Inyeong he had known. Not even the tiniest bit. The only thing that the two shared was their appearance, which was the only reason why Yoseob still believed, like an idiot, that Kim Inseo was Kim Inyeong. When in fact, the real Inyeong he was looking for had been right beside him all the while.

 

Sad, isn’t it? Our poor, dense Yoseob had absolutely no clue who his heart REALLY belonged to. He had no clue that he was being deceived by Kim Inseo all along. And now, because he was such a nice guy, he couldn’t go back on his word. Nice guys just didn’t do that. Since he promised Inseo that he would marry her, he would stick to his words no matter what. Because that was the kind of guy Yang Yoseob was. A nice guy

 

A stupid, idiotic, dense guy

 

“Of…of course I remember!” Yoseob forced out a smile, not wanting to hurt Inseo’s feelings like the nice guy he was. “I was just teasing you, Inyeong ah! Wow! Time sure has passed! Are you sure you want to register for our marriage now?”

 

Please say no, please say no…Yoseob thought unconsciously. Please say-

 

“Of course I’m sure, oppa!” Inseo giggled. “How could I not be sure? I love you, and you love me back, so let’s get married! It’s as simple as that!”

 

“Right” Yoseob tried his hardest not to let his face fall. “Right, because…because we love each other…”

 

“So, what are you still standing here for? Let’s go register our marriage, Yeobo!” Inseo gave Yoseob a quick peck on the cheek, which caused him to cringe and his hairs to stand for a split second. She took hold of his hand and whisked him away to register for their marriage

 

 

“Okay….Kim Inyeong and…Yang Yoseob…” The lady at the counter said out loud as she typed their names furiously into her computer. “Done! It’s settled then! When will you two be getting married?”

 

“Next month, on the 3rd of June!” An excited Inseo answered, a little too eagerly. “I want it to be as early as possible, because I can’t wait to get married to my sweetie pie here!” She pinched Yoseob’s cheeks and kissed him again. Yoseob forced an uncomfortable smile at the lady.

 

“Okayyy…” The lady tried her hardest not to judge Inseo, but failed terribly. “The 3rd of June? It’s settled then!” She typed the date into her computer. “The procedure has been completed! I hope you two have a loving, long-lasting marriage! May you two live happily ever after! Thank you so much!” She smiled and bowed at the new couple.

 

“Thank you” Yoseob smiled and bowed back politely, before Inseo took hold of his hand and pulled him out of the registration centre.

 

“Inyeong ah” Yoseob turned to look at Inseo. “If that is all, I’ll be going! I need to rush back to the office to settle some…things…” He immediately brightened at the prospect of heading back to CUBE, where he would be able to see Eunmi again and spend even more time with her.

 

“Yeobo…” Inseo pouted, giving her best puppy-dog look. “You’re always so busy nowadays with work that you never spend time with me anymore! Just forget about whatever trivial thing you have to settle today and spend time with me, your wife-to-be, oh?”

 

Well, if you had stopped staying out all night to party, maybe we would have been able to spend more time with each other. And besides, Eunmi is NOT trivial. I’d much rather spend time with her than YOU.

 

That’s what his heart REALLY wanted to say, but he wasn’t exactly in touch with his inner feelings.

 

“Arraso” Yoseob smiled weakly, his heart immediately sinking involuntarily. “What do you want to do then?”

 

“Let’s go…shopping! I haven’t bought anything in 2 full days!” Inseo whined. “I spent all the money you gave me up! Do you happen to have your credit card with you now?”

 

Yoseob felt the hard card in his pocket, and pulled it out, almost reluctantly.

 

“Gomawo oppa! I love you! Now let’s go!” Inseo kissed Yoseob and made a beeline for the nearest clothing store in the mall.

 

Yoseob sighed heavily. Was life really going to be like that from now on if he got married to her?

---------------------------------

Annyeonggg! Another chapter up (: 

Exams just wrapped up this week, so I'm really happy kekeke :D really sorry for not replying to your lovely comments, I was so busy! I'll definitely reply to this week's ones so heheh x) 

Thankyouuu for all the support! And hmm what do you guys think of this marriage business HAHA?