What's the point

Kidnap my heart

 

Chapter fifteen:

[One week later…]

Your POV:

For the past week, I had been trying as hard as I could to get close to Yoseob. To break the barrier he enclosed himself within. To touch him with my sincerity, hoping that he would give me a chance to get to know him better.

I waved at him every time I saw him.

I tried to start conversations with him.

I was always offering help to him during dance lessons.

I would smile my sweetest smile whenever I saw him.

I would even try my hardest to create chances for us to talk alone.

The result?

So far, not much luck.

In fact, if anything, Yoseob probably detested me even more. I could tell he was incredibly annoyed with how I kept approaching him, how I kept trying to talk to him, and how I was constantly offering to help him, no matter how many times he rejected the offer. Sometimes, I could swear that he even rolled his eyes in my direction whenever I approached him.

No matter how hard I tried, it seemed to have no effect on him.

 

-FLASHBACK-

It was lunchtime, and I headed towards the cafeteria in CUBE for a quick bite before lessons with B2ST.

I heard a burst of laughter coming from one direction. I turned my head, and I saw B2ST having lunch with 4minute and APINK.

Then I realized Yoseob wasn’t there. Instead, he was seated at the far end of the cafeteria, having his lunch alone.

Why wasn’t he with the rest of B2ST?

Then I remembered what Doojoon had revealed to me.

Oh, that’s right. He doesn’t socialize with girls.

Oh well, he’s alone now, and this is your best shot! Hwaiting!

I took a deep breath, bought a sandwich and approached Yoseob, who was having ramen quietly on his own.

“Annyeong, Yoseob-ssi!” I greeted him, smiling as sweetly as I could. When he looked up and saw it was me, he immediately darted his eyes away and looked back down onto his ramen.

Okay…not off to a real good start…

“Could I sit down here?” I asked him, smiling brightly at him. He didn’t reply, and I took that as a cue for me to sit down in front of him.

“So, Yoseob-ssi, how’s your solo dance coming along?” I asked lightly, trying to break the awkward silence between us.

“I’ve finished eating.” He said simply and left the table, without even saying goodbye or anything.

Ouch.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

I didn’t get it. I couldn’t understand it. Why was he like this? What could have possibly made Yang Yoseob so cold around girls? Did he suffer from heartbreak before? Did he get severely hurt by a girl before? What happened to him?

To tell the truth, I was pretty tired of trying. I mean, I did all that I could, and still he refuses to talk to me. In fact, he was probably disliking me more and more.

I guess I should just let him be and stop bothering him. I shouldn’t trouble him any further…I could tell. He was really, really annoyed by how I constantly bothered him. It was probably time to give up.

But still…it would have been nice if we could be friends…

It was 9pm. I was heading back home after a tiring but enjoyable day at work. The boys had somewhat finished learning the choreography, but it wasn’t perfect yet. I still had work cut out for me.  It was tiring, but I loved it all the same.

Although, I was pretty tired.

I couldn’t wait to take a relaxing, warm bath and hit the hay…That would be bliss…

After walking for about five minutes, I realized that I had left my bag in the dance practice room.

I groaned, realizing that I would have to walk all the way back to the building just to get that darn bag.

So I trudged wearily in the opposite direction, cursing myself for being so careless.

Little did I know…

 

Yoseob’s POV:

For the past week, I couldn’t sleep.

I tried everything I could to fall asleep.

I counted sheep

I kept switching sleeping positions every five minutes

I listened to music

I drank lots of milk

I took a warm bath

I even popped sleeping pills

But none of them worked

I had not gotten a wink of sleep ever since Ms. Park became our new dance instructor.

The resemblance between Ms. Park and Inyeong was too great for me to ignore

Every time I looked at Ms. Park, I would be reminded of Kim Inyeong.

I would be reminded of how I lost Inyeong two years ago

How I abandoned her, and charged off without her

How I promised to protect her, yet turned my back on her

Guilt would engulf me. Pain would overcome me.

It was hell.

During the day, it was bearable. Due to my hectic schedule and training, I could take my mind off the past by practicing as hard as I could.

But at night, when there was nothing to distract me from my thoughts, it was unbearable. Those thoughts kept haunting me endlessly, torturing me.

Even when I managed to sleep at night, that same guilt and agony would take over my dreams, haunting me endlessly.

I hated living.

Every second I spent on Earth was pure agony.

What was the point in living anyway?

Every day was just a boring, monotonous repeat of the other one.

I had no reason to live.

And I didn’t deserve to.

If only I could just join Inyeong…

Suddenly, an idea popped into my head.

A crazy one

An unthinkable one

One that would bring about huge consequences

But if that idea was carried out right, I wouldn’t have to pay those consequences

And if it was done right, I wouldn’t have to worry about insomnia ever again

I wouldn’t have to worry about ANYTHING ever again

That idea slowly warmed up to me

Yes. It WAS perfect

Crazy, stupid but perfect

I had nothing to lose anyway

What’s fame and fortune without love?

Without direction?

“Coming, Yoseob?” Doojoon’s voice brought me back to reality. We had just finished a dance class with Ms. Park, and were about to leave for our dormitory.

“You guys go ahead.” I said casually. “I have to…um…speak to Mr. Hong for a little while.”
“Okay.” Doojoon said, packing up his bags. “See you in the dorm.”

“See you.” I lied.

I’m sorry, hyung.

I waited for the members to leave the room, then headed to the washroom

I grabbed a bottle of detergent and, making sure no one was around, headed back to the empty practice room, and unscrewed the detergent bottle…

--------------------------

Annyeong :DDDDD

Hope I created a cliffhanger here! Hmmm...what do you think will happen? Guys? (:

Anyway, as I mentioned in my previous post, this is my last update before going to Malaysia for about a week(:

So I won't be updating for a week or so >< BUT I PROMISE TO UPDATE WHEN I GET BACK, OKAY? 

Meanwhile, please show some love and comment! kekeke I reallyreally love reading/replying your comments (: They really make my day and give me motivation as a writer, so please comment! 

THANKYOU <3