Misunderstood

Kidnap my heart

Chapter fourty-two

Your POV:

“It was HER!” Inyeong narrowed her eyes, pointing straight at me.

 

It took me awhile to register what she had just said.

 

“ME?” I looked behind me, but there was no one. Clearly Inyeong was referring to me.

 

“Don’t act innocent, Park Eunmi!” Inyeong snapped. “How could you? How could you betray Mr. Hong, who so kindly hired you? How could you betray BEAST, you have been nothing but nice to you? How could you betray your own conscience?”

 

“What are you talking about?” I was seriously confused now. What did she mean about me betraying everyone?

 

“You leaked ‘Love and War’ out! It was YOU! YOU! PARK EUNMI! Do you understand now?” Inyeong rolled her eyes and folded her arms across her chest, glaring at me accusingly.

 

“Hold on, Inyeong-ssi,” Doojoon cut in firmly. “You can’t just shoot arrows at anyone you please, especially without any evidence!”

 

“You think I don’t have evidence?” Inyeong scoffed, smirking. “I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I don’t make baseless accusations. Of course I have evidence.”

 

But how could she possibly have evidence? After all, I didn’t leak the music out, I was 100% sure of it.

 

“The disc that got leaked out…I have it right in my hands now” Inyeong pulled a strangely familiar silver disc out from her handbag. “It was found in one of the staff computers. In the staff computer room”

 

“So? That doesn’t prove anything” Hyunseung piped up, rather skeptically. “It could be any staff member who leaked the disc, why Eunmi of all people?”

 

“Well,” Inyeong continued. “Only a handful of staff members at CUBE have a copy of this disc, one of them being Park Eunmi.”

 

“That’s ridiculous!” I suddenly burst out in my defense, opening my handbag. “I have the disc right here, you see?”

 

As long as I pulled out the disc, Kim Inyeong would realize that she was talking nonsense, and…

Hold on.

 

Where is it?

 

The disc?

 

I frantically rummaged through my handbag, throwing everything in it out, until it was totally empty.

 

But there was no sign of that silver disc…

 

“Save it, Park Eunmi” Inyeong scoffed, rolling her eyes again. “Just drop the innocent act. Very smart of you, to sell the copy of the song online. I heard you could get up to a million won for it…very clever…”

 

“But unfortunately, you weren’t careful enough” She continued, smirking. “You didn’t remember to remove the evidence – YOUR copy of the song!”

 

“Wha-“ But I had nothing to say. There WAS nothing I could say. The disc was gone from my bag, and the one found in the computer looked suspiciously like mine…

 

But HOW? HOW? I didn’t even take a single step into the computer room today! I was dancing all day long!

 

“Speechless, huh?” Inyeong smirked. “Case closed. Mr. Hong, I think we’ve found ourselves a betrayer, a thief and a liar, who singlehandedly wrecked everything the boys, and the company, have been working for!“

 

THAT caused quite the commotion among everyone. They started whispering amongst themselves, looking at me with unreadable expressions.

 

“Ms. Park, is…is it true?” Mr. Hong turned to look at me slowly, his expression pained. “Did you really…really leak the song out for money?”

 

“No way!” I immediately reassured him. “I swear, I had no idea how this happened, I really don’t! I would never do something like that, please believe me!”

“Yeah, Mr. Hong!” Kikwang immediately rushed to my defense. “I believe her! I think I’ve known Ms. Park well enough to know that she’d never do something like that, especially not for money!”

“Mr. Hong! Mr. Hong! I believe noona too! Noona’s being framed, she’s innocent!” Dongwoon piped up, stomping his feet angrily and hugging me tightly, a gesture so sweet it made me want to hug him right back.

“I believe Ms. Park too!” Hyunseung added.

“Well, if you think about it, Mr. Hong,” Doojoon reasoned. “Why would Ms. Park leak the music now? She could have leaked so many other songs before, like ’24 7’ and ‘Caffeine’, for just as much money, but she didn’t. So why now? Mr. Hong, I don’t think we should jump to conclusions like this. I really don’t think Ms. Park would do something like that, don’t you know her well enough to conclude that too?”

 

Even the usually emotionless and indifferent Junhyung spoke up, clearing his throat.

 

“I believe her too”

 

Junhyung’s support came to me as the biggest surprise, firstly because he was usually so cold towards me, and secondly because he spent so much effort on the title track, I thought he’d be ready to kill me, much less support me.

 

I didn’t know what to say. Seeing the BEAST members wholeheartedly come to my defense and place so much faith in me…it really moved me. Tears were even welling at the corners of my eyes.

 

“Yah! Yang Yoseob! Say something!” Doojoon nudged Yoseob immediately, urging him to speak up. It was then when I realized that Yoseob had not spoken a single word in my defense yet.

 

“How can you guys be so ready to say that you believe her?” Yoseob argued, finally speaking up. “How can you guys be so quick to shoot down Inyeong and believe what she says?”

 

There was a loud, audible gasp from the members.

 

“Hyung, what are you saying?” Kikwang gripped Yoseob by the shoulders. “Are you trying to say that you’re…you’re siding with Inyeong? YOU think that Ms. Park leaked the song out just so that she could earn some money?”

 

Yoseob shrugged. “Well, the evidence speaks for itself…” he muttered, loud enough for everyone to hear him.

 

Inyeong smirked. Kikwang looked like he wanted to strangle Yoseob, while the rest of them just looked plain shocked. The other staff members in the office, however, looked like they shared the exact same thoughts with Yoseob. I could detect skepticism, suspicion and even a tinge of disgust and disdain from the piercing glares they were sending me.

 

And I had to admit, I, like the BEAST members, was shocked by Yoseob’s words too. Even if we weren’t talking, shouldn’t he have spent enough time with me previously to know that I wasn’t such a person? In fact, to think that everyone else was so willing to believe me, yet he, the guy I was closest too once upon a time, thought that I betrayed the company?

 

And then I realized.

Of course.

 

It made perfect sense that he would support Inyeong, like he always did, over me. After all, what were my words compared to hers in his eyes?

 

And although I told myself not long ago that I would stop caring about Yang Yoseob, I apparently still did. In fact, I was furious. And beyond hurt by those words of his.

 

“You know what guys?” I found myself speaking, my voice trembling uncontrollably. “If he doesn’t believe me, then forget it, there’s no point in trying to explain anything to him.”

 

“And you know what? He’s right. The evidence does speak for itself,” I continued, my voice dying down to a whisper, tears ready to flow out of my eyes any second now. “He has every right to doubt me, to think that I leaked the song, and I don’t blame him. Just…just…forget it, okay?”

 

And with that, I bit my lip and spun around quickly, to prevent the rest from seeing the tears streaming down my cheeks.

 

And I walked away.

 

“Running away? Clear sign of guilt…” A staff member muttered.

 

“Obvious she did it, the evidence doesn’t lie…” Another one chipped in.

 

“Still trying to act all innocent and misunderstood even after being caught? She disgusts me…” Inyeong scoffed.

 

Despite hearing those words, I didn’t bother turning back to defend myself.

 

Because I just didn’t care anymore.

 

I didn’t care about my reputation

 

I didn’t care what others thought of me

 

And I didn’t care about Yang Yoseob

-------------------------

HIHI GUYS :D (omg I can't believe I almost forgot to include an A/N) 

Anywayyyy....as promised, a new chapter :D 

If you didn't hate Inseo before, you'd probably hate her now right kekeke x) Who feels like strangling her and chopping her up *raises hand*

 

Anywayyy...as usual, comment pleeeeeease :DD I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS OHMYGOODNESS I HAVE LIKE THE BEST SUBBIES EVER YOU GUYS ARE TOO SWEET <3