Resignation

Kidnap my heart

Chapter forty-three

Your POV:

“Are you sure about this, Ms. Park?”

 

“Ne, I’m sure”

 

“You don’t have to do this you know. I believe you. I know you didn’t do it.”

 

“This has nothing to do with the recent incident Mr. Hong,” I fibbed. “I’ve been planning this for awhile now. I’ve always wanted to just leave the kpop scene for awhile to focus on my dancing and to relax.”

 

“Are you really certain about this?”

 

“Ne, Mr. Hong, I really am.”

 

“Well…if you’re sure…I’ll get the papers ready. The procedure will take roughly a week to be completed, so until then, you’re free to continue working here.”

 

“I definitely will, Mr. Hong. Really sorry about the sudden notice”

 

“It’s okay, I understand. Well, that’s it for now. I’ll summon you into the office next week to sign the relevant documents and wrap the procedure up nicely.”

 

“Thank you very much, Mr. Hong”

 

That’s right.

 

It was the day after the incident, and I had just submitted my letter of resignation to Mr. Hong. I thought about it long and hard last night, and I concluded that I couldn’t work here anymore. Not with the recent things that have been occurring.

 

And it wasn’t just the incident yesterday. It was everything else as well.

 

I wasn’t planning on telling anyone about my resignation, besides Mr. Hong. I would just leave quietly, to avoid any painful goodbyes or awkward situations. I didn’t care about how others would think about my disappearance. All I knew was that I wanted to get a clean break from the company, the drama, everything.

 

So no one is going to know about this. Not until next week, that is.

 

Or so I thought.

 

No one’s POV:

“Yah! Don’t push me! I want to hear too!” Hyunseung grumbled as four other bodies tried to shove him away from the small opening through the door of Mr. Hong’s office.

 

“You’ve heard enough! It’s my turn now!” With a hard shove, Kikwang finally managed to get Hyunseung out of the way and pressed his ear against the door. “SHHHH! They’re speaking again!”

 

“Are you sure about this, Ms. Park?”

 

“Ne, I’m sure”

 

“You don’t have to do this you know. I believe you. I know you didn’t do it.”

 

“This has nothing to do with the recent incident Mr. Hong,” I fibbed. “I’ve been planning this for awhile now. I’ve always wanted to just leave the kpop scene for awhile to focus on my dancing and to relax.”

 

“Are you really certain about this?”

 

“Ne, Mr. Hong, I really am.”

 

“Well…if you’re sure…I’ll get the papers ready. The procedure will take roughly a week to be completed, so until then, you’re free to continue working here.”

 

“I definitely will, Mr. Hong. Really sorry about the sudden notice”

 

“It’s okay, I understand. Well, that’s it for now. I’ll summon you into the office next week to sign the relevant documents and wrap the procedure up nicely.”

 

“Thank you very much, Mr. Hong”

 

Kikwang let out an involuntary gasp.

 

“What is it? What happened?” The other members were quick to bombard him with questions. “What did you hear?”

 

“Quick! Move out of the way first! I think she’s leaving!” Kikwang hissed, darting out of the passageway into another corner, closely followed by the rest of the members. As soon as the door closed, and the sound of footsteps gradually faded, the boys stopped hiding and came out of their hiding place.

 

“What happened?” Doojoon inquired curiously.

 

“Ms. Park…she’s…she’s leaving…” Kikwang whispered, a pained look on his face.

 

“What are you talking about, Pabokwang?” Junhyung rolled his eyes. “Be specific!”

 

“I mean Ms. Park! Ms. Park’s leaving the company! She’s RESIGNING!” Kikwang announced, raising his voice a little.

 

“MWOH?” The BEAST members immediately chorused.

 

“Are you sure about it, Kikwang? What did you hear specifically?” The rationale leader tried to sound calm, but even he himself sounded a little panicky.

 

“I’m sure!”Kikwang nodded his head furiously. “She specifically told Mr. Hong that she wanted to resign, and that she was certain about it. She’s leaving next week.”

 

“NEXT WEEK?” They chorused again. It would have been mildly funny if the atmosphere wasn’t so serious.

 

“WHY IS NOONA LEAVING?” Dongwoon immediately started to wail. “NOONA CAN’T LEAVE! SHE CAN’T! I WON’T LET HER! I’M GOING TO GO STOP HER NOW!”

 

“No, you can’t!” Doojoon immediately stopped the maknae who was preparing to run off. “It’s not going to work.”

 

“That’s right” Kikwang agreed. “She sounded so certain about it, it seemed like nothing was going to stop her.”

 

“But why leave now? I don’t get it…” Hyunseung pondered out loud.

 

“She said she wanted to take a break and focus on dancing…something like that…” Kikwang muttered.

 

“No way. That’s bullcrap.” Junhyung rolled his eyes. “That was obviously an excuse to disguise her reason for leaving.”

 

“What’s her real reason then, hyung?”

 

“Yang Yoseob. That dude.”

 

Silence.

 

“You know, he has a point.” Doojoon spoke up after awhile. “I do believe it’s because of Seob. The way he’s been ignoring her recently. The way he always sides with Inyeong.”

 

“Remember yesterday?” Hyunseung added, agreeing. “He believed Inyeong over Ms. Park, even though a few months ago they were practically best friends.”

 

“She looked pretty wounded by hyung’s words, now that I think about it…” Kikwang mused, nodding.

 

“I DON’T CARE ABOUT HER REASON FOR LEAVING!” Dongwoon continued to wail. “I JUST WANT HER TO STAY!”

 

“He’s right” Doojoon patted the maknae’s head, comforting him. “Right now, our top priority is to think of a way to stop Ms. Park from leaving CUBE.”

 

“But how do we do that?”

 

“Simple. With the help of Yang Yoseob.”
 

“No way. He won’t help us. He’s too besotted with his Inyeong to care about Ms. Park anymore.” Junhyung scoffed. “In fact, I bet he still thinks that she leaked our music out. Why would he stop her from leaving?”

 

“This is where we come in, then.” Doojoon grinned.

 

“We’re going to prove her innocence”

------------------------

Annyeong guysss! :D 

Firstly, I wanted to thank you guys for all the supportive comments for the past few chapters, so I'm doing to update twice this week (first update being today, second update being on Sunday or so :D) Just to thank you guys because I love you guys so much and I really really appreciate the love and support I've been getting for Kidnap My Heart (: 

So enjoy the 2 updates this week ne? :D 

Love you guys <3 <3 <3 remember to comment, subscribe and possibly upvote if you have enough karma points HAHA :D