I'm...I'm sorry

Kidnap my heart

Chapter forty-six

 

Your POV:

 

“Are you really, REALLY sure about this?” Mr. Hong confirmed one last time, before handing me the relevant documents. “As long as you haven’t signed these papers, you can still change your mind you know, especially now that your name has been cleared.”

 

“I told you,” I smiled weakly. “The incident has nothing to do with my resignation. I just want to relax and focus on my dancing.”

 

“Araso. Thank you for all your contributions to CUBE for the past year, Eunmi-ssi.” Mr. Hong sighed, looking slightly disappointed. “You’ve been an amazing teacher, and I’m really sorry you have to leave. You’re welcome to come back to teach any time, okay?”
 

“Okay,” I laughed weakly. “Thank you so much, Mr. Hong.” And I meant it. Mr. Hong had been nothing but amazing to me for the past year. The way he cared for me like I was his own daughter, and the way he trusted me…it was all very touching. “Thank you for everything.”

 

“No problem.” He gave me a hug. “Here are the papers.” He handed me an envelope, rather reluctantly.

 

I opened the brown envelope, and retrieved the white paper inside it.

 

Here goes nothing. You just need to sign on the line, and it’s all over.

 

I took a deep breath, picked up a ballpoint pen and-

 

“WAIT!”

 

The door opened and someone barged in, panting heavily.

 

That voice, it’s way too familiar…

 

And then I spun around, coming face to face with

 

Yoseob.

 

No one’s POV:

 

“Damnnnnn this!” Yoseob cursed under my breath has I ran. He forgot to set his alarm last night and as a result, he was really late. Like REALLY late.

 

What if she already signed the papers? What if she’s gone? What if I’m too late already? These thoughts were running through his mind as he ran.

 

“Aishhhhhhhhh!” he cursed again and ran. He ran as fast as my legs could carry him.

 

He kept telling himself he couldn’t be late. He didn’t know why, but he just couldn’t be late.

 

Images of Eunmi and memories of the times we spent together fuelled him to continue running, even when he was unbelievably tired. By the time he arrived outside Mr. Hong’s, he was on the verge of collapsing, beads of sweat trickling down his face and back.

 

Please…Yoseob shut my eyes and silently prayed, his hand on the doorknob. Please don’t let me be too late…

 

And then he barged in. Eunmi was sitting across Mr. Hong, just about to sign on a piece of document. Upon seeing Eunmi still in the building, Yoseob was so relieved he wanted to cry.

 

“WAIT!” he yelled at the top of my lungs, causing Eunmi to jump and drop the pen she was holding, spinning around to face him.

 

“Yo…Yoseob?” Her eyes widened with shock and a tinge of fear. “Wh-what are you doing here?”

 

Ignoring her question, he snatched the white piece of paper from her hand and tore it into pieces, without much thought.

 

“YAH! YANG YOSEOB!” She shrieked, her voice rising one octave higher than usual. “WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST DO? WHAT- YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? PUT ME DOWN NOW!"

 

Without even asking for permission, Yoseob threw her over my shoulders, fireman style, and carried her out of the room decisively. She was struggling, shrieking and kicking him as hard as she could, but to no avail.

 

Mr. Hong didn’t even seem very surprised by Yoseob’s sudden appearance. Instead, he gave me a smile and a wink as Yoseob hauled a struggling Eunmi out of the room. Yes, Mr. Hong was part of the plan as well. The BEAST members predicted that Yoseob would try to stop Eunmi from signing the papers upon hearing their ‘secret conversation’ the previous night, and they were right.

 

“YANG YOSEOB! I’M GIVING YOU ONE LAST CHANCE TO PUT ME DOWN!” Eunmi warned, growling.

 

Yoseob chuckled, thoroughly enjoying the feel of Eunmi over my shoulders. It made him feel unbelievably relieved that he had managed to catch up to her on time.

 

Yoseob carried her a few more blocks, ignoring the puzzled stares passers-by were throwing at the two. They must have thought Yoseob was a kidnapper or something. (In a way, he kind of was. He was taking Eunmi away against her own will, after all.)

 

Finally, once Yoseob had carried her far away enough from the building, he put her down as gently as I could.

 

Eunmi had both hands covering her face, which was tomato-red. “Aishhhhhh!” she complained as her feet touched the ground. “That was so embarrassing!” She snuck a peek at the road ahead, and calculated how fast she would need to run in order to escape Yoseob and rush back to the office.

 

“Don’t even think about running away.” Yoseob, upon seeing Eunmi’s darting eyes, read her mind and stated matter-of-factly. Eunmi scowled immediately.

 

Yoseob chuckled once more. He didn’t know it, but he hadn’t been laughing genuinely for the past few months.

He didn’t know it, but Eunmi made him genuinely happy, genuinely amused. He just didn’t know it yet.

 

 

Eunmi almost wanted to whack Yoseob hard on the chest, to scold him for dragging her away, but the reminder that they hadn’t been speaking in months stopped her.

 

That’s right. She sighed wistfully. Our relationship no longer involves any whacking whatsoever.

 

“Yoseob-ssi, why did you bring me here?” She said in the coldest voice she could muster, after taking a deep breath.

 

Upon hearing the word ‘ssi’, Yoseob immediately frowned. Why was Eunmi being so painfully formal with her words?

 

“Yoseob-ssi? What the hell, Eunmi.” Yoseob snarled, ticked off by Eunmi’s cold attitude, when a few minutes ago, she was kicking and scolding him like they were long-time friends. Heck, he would have preferred a ‘YANG YOSEOB’ to a ‘Yoseob-ssi’ anytime of the day. “What happened to Yoseob oppa? Or Yang Yoseob?”

 

“I’m asking you, why did you bring me here, Yoseob-ssi?” Eunmi ignored him and asked again, her voice even colder this time, if that was even possible. “Why did you tear my document and why did you take me away?”

 

“Then let ME ask YOU a question.” Yoseob challenged, extremely pissed now. “WHY THE HELL would you want to resign so suddenly?”

 

“I…” Yoseob’s question threw Eunmi off guard, for a moment. “I just wanted to take a break, to focus on my dancing. Do you have a problem with that?”

 

“HECK YEAH I DO!” Yoseob exploded, unable to stand the way Eunmi was talking to him anymore, like she was talking to a complete stranger. “That’s bullcrap, Eunmi, and you know that. That’s a pathetic excuse and-“

 

“You know what? WHY WOULD YOU EVEN CARE?” Eunmi finally exploded as well, tears threatening to fall. “You’ve never cared these past few months about my existence, so why the heck should you even care now?”

 

“In fact, if I leave, shouldn’t it be even better for you? Isn’t Inyeong a dancer? She can take my place…” Eunmi’s voice suddenly died down into a sad whisper. It trembled, exposing her vulnerable side.

 

There was a moment of silence as Yoseob tried to process this.

 

NO! Yoseob wanted to shout at her. NO FREAKING WAY CAN INYEONG REPLACE YOU, WHAT THE HELL EUNMI? WHAT DOES INYEONG EVEN HAVE TO DO WITH ALL OF THIS? CAN’T YOU SEE THAT I NEED YOU, THAT I WANT YOU TO STAY SO BADLY?

 

“Yoseob-ssi,” Eunmi regained her composure before Yoseob could shout at her, her voice hardening once again. “Like I said, my business no longer concerns you. I think it’s best to leave our relationship like this, without it becoming worse. So I guess this is goodbye then. It has been an honour teaching you, Yoseob-ssi”

 

With that, Eunmi bowed, biting her lip to hold back her tears, spun around and walked away.

 

“WAIT!” Yoseob instinctively blurted out, his mind totally blank, as he struggled to think of something, ANYTHING, he could say to dissuade Eunmi from leaving. But Eunmi didn’t wait. She continued walking away, faster this time, even. He had to say something. Fast.

 

“I’m…I’m…I’m sorry…” He whispered, hanging his head down low. 

-----------------------

Heheh HEY GUYS! Did you guys think I forgot to update today HAHA? :D I'm sorry, I was out for the whole day, but I kept thinking of updating x) So here it is, a little late but ohwell! (: 

Anyway, you'll love love love the chapters to come trust me! Be patient! I'm trying to come up with the best ending (DRAMATIC MAYBE) for this story as possible! As for the ending, it'll probably be in 5 chapters maybe? 

Meanwhile, stay tuned! :D LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 Can't believe this story's going to end soon D': I'm sad now.

Okay byeeee