Forgiven

Kidnap my heart

 Chapter forty-eight

 

Eunmi had stayed up all the way until 1am the previous night, waiting and waiting for a text message that had never came.

 

“Aishhh…” she muttered under her breath, feeling slightly annoyed due to her sleepiness. Plus, her eye bags were especially obvious today, and because her job required her to sweat, she couldn’t even put on concealer to cover them up.

 

“Stupid Yang Yoseob....” She muttered, on the way to work. “Stupid stupid stupid”

 

“He could have at least sent an apology text message to me. But no…nothing from that stupid jerk! Stupid stupid stupid!”

 

“So much for sincerity! Tchhhh! Looks like he didn’t take what I said to heart after all! I knew I should have just resigned yesterday! Aishhh! Park Eunmi, why are you so soft-hearted?” She complained, making a mental note not to let Yang Yoseob off the hook so easily.

 

“He’s so dead when I see him today…” Eunmi continued to mutter as she took the stairs up to the third floor, walking down the hallway towards dance practice studio 2 for dance lessons with BEAST.

 

She continued cursing under her breath as she turned the knob and pushed the door open…

 

…only to face a totally empty studio.

 

She was really surprised, because she was hardly ever earlier than the BEAST boys. The members usually came half an hour before lessons started to practice what they had learnt the previous lesson.

 

“Aishhh…those slackers…I bet they’re still sleeping- YAH!” Eunmi muttered, when the lights suddenly flicked off, startling her greatly.

 

Wae ijeseoya dwineujeun huhoereul haneungeoya geuttaen alji motaetdeon geoya
I’m sorry (i’m sorry), i’m sorry, baby (i’m sorry, baby)
Wae ijeseoya dwineujeun huhoereul haneungeoya nega neomu sojunghangeoya
Joheun gieogeuro neoege namgil baraenneunde


Eunmi spun around upon hearing extremely familiar vocals. It was the BEAST members. They were entering one by one as they sang along to the lyrics of their latest single, ‘I’m sorry’.

 

Geuttaen eoryeosseunikka amugeotdo mollasseunikka rago
Byeonmyeongirado deureojullae geurigo nae son dasi jabajullae
Jigeumeun anirado jogeum sigani geollindaedo
Ne jarin geudaero biwodulge na gyesok i jarie isseulge

 

Yoseob then entered, singing the chorus of the song together with Dongwoon. He was holding a huge, rich chocolate cake with a lighted candle on it, bringing light to the dark, murky dance studio.

 

And on top of the chocolate cake were the words “I’m sorry” in vanilla icing, just like the song.

“I’m sorry, Eunmi ah…” Yoseob handed the cake to Doojoon as he approached Eunmi expectantly, blushing. “I hope you can forgive me…”

 

“Pabo” Eunmi muttered, biting back a huge smile. The song lyrics didn’t even fit in to the context of what had happened between the two, she mused. It wasn’t as if they were lovers or anything.

 

“What?” Yoseob frowned, not hearing Eunmi’s words clearly.

 

“Pabo!” She repeated, louder this time.

 

“Yah!” Yoseob pouted. “I made you a cake and you insult me?”

 

“You…you made this?” Eunmi’s doe-like eyes widened, making them look even bigger than usual. “How long did you even spend DOING this?”

 

 “All night” Junhyung yawned and replied sleepily, slightly grumpy because he didn’t manage to get a wink of sleep the previous night. “He made us stay up to practice ‘I’m sorry’”

 

“And not to mention the aroma of chocolate cake kept us all from getting a wink of sleep” Hyunseung complained good-naturedly.

 

“YEAH!” Dongwoon pouted and pointed to Yoseob. “AND THAT MEANIE DIDN’T EVEN LET US TRY A TINY BITE! NOT ONE AT ALL!”

 

“Yah!” Eunmi immediately whacked Yoseob on the back lightly. “How could you not let them try it? How could you keep them up all night?”

 

“Hey…” Yoseob complained, rubbing his back, which was truthfully pretty sore after a whole night of baking. “I only did it because you were playing so hard-to-get and refused to accept my apology yesterday. Said something along the lines of ‘sincerity’ and ‘performance’…”

 

True. Eunmi thought, a smile slowly spreading on her face. Looking at the cake again, this time in a totally different light, she could see the amount of effort Yoseob had put into baking it.

 

It was a layered cake, with five thin layers of chocolate cake and four thin layers of vanilla ice-cream in between the cake layers. This meant that Yoseob had to bake each layer of cake separately and spread a thin, even layer of ice-cream on each layer.

 

Eunmi had to admit, she was touched. BEYOND touched. I mean, who wouldn’t be, if a guy went through THAT much trouble just to beg for forgiveness.

 

She knew she had resolved to not let him off the hook easily a few moments ago, but how could she not forgive the poor guy after all the trouble he went through. From the looks of his heavy eye bags, he really hadn’t slept a wink the previous night.

 

For her.

 

“Pabo…” she muttered once again, this time almost choking on her words with gratitude. “You didn’t have to do all this for me…”

 

“Does…does that mean I’m forgiven?” Yoseob grinned hopefully, only to have his face smeared by thick chocolate cream.

“YAH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?”

 

“That” Eunmi grinned. “Was for keeping the boys up the whole night and for not offering them a single bite of the cake, for singing lyrics to me that don’t even fit the context, and for putting in so much effort just to apologize to me.”

 

“And this” she continued, beaming. “is my answer to your question.”

 

And then she hugged him.

 

Thrown off guard by the sudden hug, Yoseob took some time to react.

 

But when he did, he hugged her right back.

 

He loved the feeling of Eunmi in his arms. It gave him the warmth and comfort that not even Inyeong’s hugs seemed to be able to give him.

 

In fact, the both of them were enjoying the hug so much, neither side could bear to be the first to let go.

 

From the corner, the members were watching Yoseob’s expression. It was of pure, genuine bliss, an expression they hardly ever got to see radiating from Yoseob.

 

Anyone can tell that the one he loves is obviously Eunmi, not Inyeong…Doojoon thought as he observed.

 

Too bad that dense boy can’t see it for himself.

---------------

AHHHHH! JUST REALIZED TODAY I DIDN'T UPDATE ON SUNDAY! SO SO SO SORRY YOU GUYS! In the future, if I don't update on Sunday, you guys can comment to remind me heh (:

Exams started today, so I'm reallyreally busy! Sorry if I can't reply to your comments, but I would still love to read them :3 

Imagine if Yoseob baked you a chocolate cake HAHA I'D BE SO HAPPY <33333

Bye for now!