Special task

Kidnap my heart

Chapter forty:

 [4 months later – April 2013]

 

Your POV:

“Come in”

 

I walked into President Hong’s office, slightly surprised that he summoned me in.

 

“Take a seat!” Mr. Hong smiled and motioned me to take a seat in front of him. I smiled back and settled onto the black leather chair, looking at him expectantly.

“I know you must be wondering why I summoned you here,” He started. I nodded my head.

 

“Firstly, do you know about BEAST making a comeback this coming July?” He asked me.

 

“Ne, of course!” I laughed. How could I possibly NOT know? Those guys just couldn’t shut up about it, gosh.

 

“But have you heard the song?”

 

“Ani” I shook my head. “Even the members haven’t heard it yet, right? I mean, except Junhyung, of course.” Junhyung was part of the team that was responsible for producing BEAST’s title track. It was called ‘Love and War’ or something like that. Yes, he could never shut up bragging about his amazing production skills.

 

“Correct, that’s because the team has just finished adding the final touches to the song! It’s ready today!” Mr. Hong announced, beaming.

“Jinjia?” I broke out into an even wider smile. “That’s great! I’m sure it sounds daebak!”

“It does, the team really outdid themselves this time!” Mr. Hong beamed. “This comeback will be epic!”

“That’s great!” I felt genuinely happy for the company. “But why did you call me here to tell me this?”

“I called you here to bring you some good news. Great news, actually!” Mr. Hong looked excited to announce the news.

“Really? What is it?”

“You’re going to be so happy when you hear this!”

“What is it? Mr. Hong, you can’t keep me in suspense like this!” I complained. I was way too curious about the news now.

“Well…” Mr. Hong said, really slowly. “Guess who’s going to be the choreographer of the title track?”

“Prepix Haw?”

Prepix Haw choreographed almost all of BEAST’s hits. I admired them greatly for their amazing choreography skills, especially ‘breath’ and ‘shock’. Coming up with such original, expressive and powerful dances was no easy feat.

“Yes, Prepix Haw, but that’s not all”

“You mean, there’s someone else?”

“De”

“Who is it?”

“Park Eunmi”

“Park Eun-OH MY GOSHHHHH!” I shrieked and jumped straight out of my seat.

 

“You don’t mean…that I’m…choreographing…BEAST’s title track, do you?” I stuttered, not daring to believe it.

“Is your name Park Eunmi?”

I nodded.

“Then yes, you are!” Mr. Hong beamed.

“You’re kidding me right? This is all just a dream, right?” I still couldn’t believe it. Choreographing a song…for BEAST…it was a HUGE honour. HUGE. And I’ve always wanted to do something like that. I used to choreograph my own dances, and I came up with some pretty decent moves. To think I could finally show those moves to the World…

“Nope, I’m pretty sure you’re awake”

“AHHHHHHHH! THANK YOU SO MUCH MR. HONG!” I squealed and gave Mr. Hong a huge hug, squeezing him as hard as I could. “THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! You have absolutely no idea what this opportunity means to me! THANK YOU!”

“You’re welcome” Mr. Hong wheezed. I immediately stopped squeezing him and sat back down, my face flushed red from all the excitement.

 

“Listen, Ms. Park, I chose you for the job because I believe in you, okay?” He smiled warmly at me, after I finally managed to calm myself down. “So don’t let me down, arraso?”

“I understand, Mr. Hong!” I swear I was beaming so widely my cheek muscles were seriously going to burst.

“Here” he handed me a disc. “This is BEAST’s title track. Go pass it to the Prepix members and work on the dance with them. They know you’re working with them and they’re looking forward to choreographing the dance with you! So make me proud, okay?”

“I will, Mr. Hong! Thank you so much!” I bowed and accepted the disc gratefully.

“I’ll be taking my leave then” I bowed again and turned around to leave.

 

“Oh, another thing, Ms. Park” Mr. Hong added just before I closed the door.

“I know I’m not in the position to ask about your personal affairs, but I’m just concerned, and a little curious. Did you and…Yoseob have a fight?” A look of concern etched his face. “Because I’ve noticed that you two…don’t really seem to spend much time together, like you did last time. And you don’t talk half as much either. Is something…wrong between you two?”

 

“Wrong?” I laughed nervously. “Nothing’s wrong, Mr. Hong, you must be imagining things. Nothing happened; I guess he’s just…busy…with Inyeong and all…Maybe that’s why we don’t get to spend that much time with each other!”

“Oh…” Mr. Hong seemed convinced. “I see. Well, that’s all then. Good luck!”

Once the door shut, I sighed. Heavily.

 

Looks like I’m not the only one who noticed…

 

These past three months have been really…REALLY awkward. I don’t know why, but Yoseob…didn’t seem to want to spend time with me anymore. He seemed to avoid me whenever he could, and we barely spoke to each other. It was like one day we were extremely close friends, and then BAM, the next day we were total strangers. I didn’t even know what happened. I had my share of sleepless nights, analyzing every single action I did which could have offended him, but I couldn’t find anything.

 

He just…stopped talking to me.

 

After awhile, I guess I got kind of tired, and I stopped talking to him as well.

In fact, last month, we even stopped waving at each other whenever we ran into each other in the building.

 

It was THAT bad. Kind of reminded me of the times where he hated me and avoided me as much as possible.

 

But just WHAT did I do wrong?

 

There you go again, Eunmi, thinking about it. Stop it. It’s been three freaking months. He doesn’t want to talk to you. Period. Life goes on.

 

That’s right. Life goes on.

And besides, I had bigger things to worry about, like the choreography.

Speaking of which, I think I heard Prepix Haw dancing in dance practice studio 3 on the 3rd floor. Time to find them!

 

As I turned into the corner, I crashed straight into a person, dropping my bag and all the items inside it, hitting the floor with a huge ‘thud’.

 

“Omo! I’m so sorry! Are you okay?” A familiar, rather shrill voice rang out.

I rubbed my head and opened my eyes slowly. It was Inyeong.

 

“I’m okay” I said, standing up. She was already scrambling to help pick up my things for me.

“Here you go!” She looked extremely apologetic as she passed my bag to me. “I’m really, REALLY sorry! I didn’t see you there and…”

“It’s okay” I smiled, genuinely this time. “Thank you for helping me pick up my things.”

“No problem. Look at the time! I have to get going! See you, Eunmi-ssi!” Inyeong bowed and hurried off.

 

She really is a nice person…I mused as I stepped into the elevator. I guess I’ve been misjudging her all this while.

 

Although what was she doing right outside Mr. Hong’s office anyway?

-----------------

Annyeong! :D

A treat for you guys, to make up for my inactiveness the last few weeks! :D 

The drama will be in the next chapter, so stay tuned!
Meanwhile, guess what's going to happen in the comments section! I love to see what you guys can come up with kekeke :D

 

Seeyou~