The raging volcano

Kidnap my heart

 

Chapter seventeen: 

Your POV:

It was pretty awkward in Yoseob’s ward

President Hong was lecturing him about how irresponsible he was being. I didn’t want to get involved in this, so I drowned out President Hong’s voice and stared blankly into space, looking out at the window.

It was pretty dark.

I wonder what time it is…

OH CRAP

OPPA

In the midst of all the chaos, I had forgotten to tell Woohyun oppa that I would be home late

He was probably worrying to death now, knowing him

I should probably call him now, but-

 

Suddenly, I heard a loud ‘thump’ coming from nearby, snapping me back into reality.

Yoseob had slammed his fist on the table beside his bed.

He looked up, and glared right into me, with eyes so full of fire that it actually sent chills down my spine. And I wasn’t even exaggerating this time.

 

“You.” He snarled at me, looking extremely furious. He was like a volcano. A bubbling, raging volcano.

And that volcano had just erupted.

 

“WHY DO YOU KEEP INTERFERING WITH MY LIFE?” He bellowed at me. “EVER SINCE YOU’VE CAME, I’VE BEEN TRYING TO TOLERATE YOU. YOU FOLLOW ME EVERYWHERE, YOU TRY TO TALK TO ME CONSTANTLY, YOU KEEP OFFERING TO HELP ME, EVEN WHEN I KEEP TELLING YOU THAT I DON’T NEED IT. YOU JUST WON’T STOP BUGGING ME. WHY CAN’T YOU JUST LEAVE ME ALONE? WHY DID YOU HAVE TO INTERFERE WITH EVERYTHING?”

“But I was just trying to-“ I began, but Yoseob cut me off with an eye-roll

 

“You were just trying to what? HELP?” He spat, laughing bitterly. “Well guess what? I DON’T NEED IT, AND I NEVER WILL. I’ve never ever asked for your help, not once, but you still keep throwing yourself at me. It’s like you have absolutely no shame! Do you have NOTHING BETTER TO DO? I cannot stand people like you. People who always get involved in other people’s affairs even if it doesn’t concern them at all! PEOPLE LIKE YOU, WHO ANNOY THE HELL OUT OF ME.”

 

“YANG YOSEOB!” Mr. Hong raised his voice, before I even had time to process what he had just said to me. “What’s the matter with you? HOW CAN YOU SAY THESE THINGS TO THE PERSON WHO HAD SAVED YOUR LIFE?”

“I’m sorry,” Mr. Hong apologized profusely to me. “He’s just agitated now. He doesn’t mean what he’s saying-“
“The person who saved my life?” Yoseob scoffed, cutting him off abruptly. “More like the person who ruined it. Suicide was my only way out of this hellhole, and she had to ruin it. Guess what? I’ve had enough of you and your nosiness. I can’t STAND it anymore. I can’t stand YOU anymore. Just….get lost! Get out of my sight before I throw up. GET OUT.” He glared at me again, this time with hatred in his eyes. They were so intense I could almost swear it burnt me a little.

“YANG YOSEOB! APOLOGIZE TO MS. PARK IMMEDIATELY!” President Hong roared, obviously frustrated at his blatant rudeness. “YOU DO NOT TALK TO YOUR TEACHER LIKE THIS! SHE WAS JUST SHOWING CONCERN FOR YOU! APOLOGIZE AT ONCE!”


“NO. I REFUSE TO.” He bellowed back.  I’ve never seen this side of him before. It was terrifying. Then he turned to look at me again. Well, more like glare at me.

 

“If you show the SLIGHTEST concern for me, then LEAVE ME ALONE. STOP TRYING TO TALK TO ME. STOP TRYING TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH ME OR WHATEVER YOU’RE TRYING TO DO IT. JUST STOP IT. BECAUSE THAT’S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. YOU UNDERSTAND? YOU AND I, WE’LL NEVER BE FRIENDS. JUST FORGET ABOUT IT AND STOP BUGGING ME ALREADY. DO YOU KNOW HOW ANNOYING YOU ARE? GOD!”

 

It took me a while to process this information

And when I finally did, my eyes started to tear up.

No

Don’t cry, Park Eunmi

Be strong

You can’t let him see you cry

You just can’t

 

And so I bit my lip, and held back the tears that were almost about to flow out.

“APOLOGIZE TO MS. PARK-“ Mr. Hong started, but this time, I cut him off.

“No, it’s okay, President.” I said calmly, glaring at Yoseob with dead eyes. With moist dead eyes. “I understand. I totally understand.”

“Then what are you still standing here for?” He scoffed, unaffected. “Leave. NOW”

“Gladly” I matched his indifferent stare as well as I could, not wanting to let him have the last word.

And with that, I left the room calmly, without another word.

As soon as I was out of the room, my lip started to quiver and my eyes gave in. Tears came pouring out uncontrollably.


The entire scene replayed in my mind, again and again. Slowly and painfully

I didn’t want to think about it.

I didn’t want to accept it

But it was real

Everything he said, no wait, everything he spat at me just now

It was all real

 

He said I was annoying

He said I kept throwing myself at him, that I had absolutely no shame at all…

Did I? Was I really throwing myself at him desperately?

He said I was nosy, to the point where he couldn’t stand me

Yes. I didn’t hear him wrongly.

Yang Yoseob couldn’t stand me. He hated me.

He hated me to the core

I annoy the hell out of him.

I did.

He wanted me to leave him alone

 

“Ms. Park?” I heard someone call out, interrupting my chain of thoughts. My chain of painful thoughts. I quickly wiped away my tears and looked up. It was the B2ST members.

 

“Annyeong!” I tried my hardest to crack a smile, and quickly walked past them, keeping my head down low so they wouldn’t see my red eyes.

“Ms. Park! Ms. Park!”

Oh maknae, I’m sorry…You can’t see me like this. None of you can…

So I pretended not to hear his adorable cry

And I ran

Sure enough, the B2ST members called after me. They told me to wait up. They tried to call me back.

But I continued to run.

I ran and ran as fast as I could

I ran until I was out of the hospital building

I looked around. There wasn’t anyone out here.

And then I let my tears pour out.

 

Yoseob’s POV:

Mr. Hong was still going on and on about how my attitude towards Ms. Park. He kept trying to make me apologize to her.

But I wouldn’t

WHY should I apologize to her? In fact, if anything, SHE should be the one apologizing to me, for sending me back to this hellhole. After all, she wouldn’t be the one having sleepless night, and she wouldn’t be the one being tortured by guilt and pain all day long. Whether I live or die does not concern her at all, so why was she so meddlesome?

So I drowned out Mr. Hong’s voice as well as I could.

 

Suddenly, the door opened. I expected it to be that annoying Ms. Park again, but this time, it was the B2ST members.

“YOSEOB!” They all shouted at the same time and surrounded my bed. Mr. Hong’s face softened upon seeing them.

“Are you okay?” Hyunseung asked, concerned.

“Hyung! I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN!” The maknae wailed.

“I can’t believe you…you almost…died.” Kikwang choked. “Thank goodness for Ms. Park!”
“Hey, can you order some coke from the nurses?” Junhyung, being Junhyung, asked.

“How did you even end up in this situation anyway?” Doojoon questioned, a look of worry on his face.

“Well…” I looked at Mr. Hong, silently asking him if I should reveal everything. He shook his head lightly.

“It was food poisoning. Yoseob accidently ate something he shouldn’t have.” Mr. Hong said simply.

“Aishh! You’re just so careless!” Doojoon lectured me. “It almost cost you your life!”

I couldn’t imagine how much more he’d say if he knew the truth…

 

“Anyway, thank goodness for Ms. Park…” Kikwang repeated, still obviously in shock. I tried my best to avoid Mr. Hong’s piercing gaze and rolled my eyes. Why did everyone seem to think that she had saved my life?

“Speaking of which,” Hyunseung added. “Didn’t we see Ms. Park leaving as we arrived?”

The guys nodded.

“Her eyes were really red…” Dongwoon murmured. “I bet she must have been really tired and all…She didn’t even hear me call her…Poor thing…”

“I hope you thanked her well, Yoseob.” Doojoon started lecturing me again. “If not for her…”

Mr. Hong shot me a knowing look. I pretended not to see it.

For some reason, after hearing about her red eyes, I felt…a little bad…Just a LITTLE…

It’s just you…It’s just you…

She deserved it. She really did. 

--------

HEY GUYS :D 

As promised, here's the update (:

1H AND 30MINS MORE TO NEW YEAR (IN MY COUNTRY) GUYS! :D

WHO'S EXCITED? :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Remember to comment, subscribe and upvote :D

Love you all so much, and I promise to become a better author in 2013 :D I'll continue writing (definitely) and I hope you guys will continue to support me :DDDDD

Have I mentioned that I love you guys?