Insomnia (again)

Kidnap my heart

 

Chapter thirty-four:

Yoseob’s POV:

It was dead late at night, and I was still wide awake.

Yes, I couldn’t sleep.

For the first time in months, I had trouble sleeping. In fact, I almost forgot how insomnia felt like, until this very night.

 

But this time, things were different.

Because this time, a different girl was messing up my sleep.

And that girl was Park Eunmi.

 

I didn’t get it. I didn’t know why I was being like this, and since when.

I didn’t know when I started finding her impeccably attractive

I didn’t know when I started to pay close attention to her facial features, particularly her lips

I didn’t know when I started developing the urge to hug her, or to even…kiss her

I didn’t know. The only thing I knew was that I was one hella confused guy.

 

One sheep, two sheep, three sheep…

Now that I think about it, she does resemble a sheep.

After all, they’re both so tiny and adorable

And her skin’s so fair and soft…

 

Wait. What the hell?

 

See what I meant?

Something was seriously not right with me. I shouldn’t have these kind of thoughts.

 

Beep

I looked over at my bedside clock

3am.

 

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

 

That’s it.

Maybe some fresh air could do me good

 

So, I quietly snuck out of the bedroom, careful not to wake up any of the other guys, and took a seat at the balcony. The air was extremely chilly. Good. I needed that kind of cold air to sort out my thoughts.

 

“Trouble sleeping?” A voice said behind me. I spun around, slightly startled, coming face to face with Doojoon.

He chuckled. “Mind if I join you?”

I shrugged, and he took a seat beside me.

 

“So,” he started. “What’s on your mind?”

 

“Nothing” I lied, staring at the floor intensely. “I just wanted to come out for some fresh air.”

“Don’t lie.” Doojoon folded his arms. “I’ve known you for 8 whole years already, Yang Yoseob. Don’t you think I’d be able to tell?”

 

I kept quiet, letting him go on.

 

“You’re thinking of someone, aren’t you, YangYo?”

 

I was just about to shake my head when I decided otherwise.

After all, why SHOULDN’T I tell Doojoon?

Doojoon wasn’t the type to judge me, or to laugh at me

He’d respect my thoughts

And who knows? Maybe he could give me some good advice. Then I could finally get that darn burden off my mind.

 

“It’s Eunmi” I sighed, slumping. “I don’t know what’s wrong with me, hyung. I just can’t stop thinking about her, her face, her laugh, her smile…I can’t get them out of my head! I don’t know what to do, Doojoon. I still love Inyeong, I swear I do. But at the same time, I can’t help but feel something for Eunmi. I don’t know! I’m so confused…”

 

Silence

 

“What should I do, hyung?” I groaned. “What’s wrong with me?”
 

After a few more moments of silence, Doojoon finally spoke up.

 

“You know, YangYo. From the way you’re describing things, you definitely feel something for Ms. Park.” Doojoon said. “You feel guilty for that, because you’re supposed to love Inyeong, and so now you’re confused and you can’t sleep. Is that correct?”

 

I thought about his words. They DID make sense. A LOT of sense, in fact.

I nodded.

 

“Well,” he continued. “I know it’s not my business to interfere in your love life, but I personally feel that this…is a sign.”

“A sign?”

“Yes, a sign. A sign that it’s time for you to let go of the past, and to move on.” Doojoon advised.

“What do you mean, hyung?”

“I mean, it’s probably time for you to let go of Inyeong, and to move on…move on to Ms. Park…” Doojoon said, as gently as possible. “After all, YangYo, you can’t just sit around and wait for Inyeong for the rest of your life, can you? I know you regret abandoning her, but it’s been two years already. Life goes on. You meet new people. And if you’re too afraid to let go of your past and to accept the present, you may end up missing a golden opportunity and regretting it in the future…”

 

I kept quiet again, processing what Doojoon just told me.

 

“Don’t have any more regrets, YangYo.” Doojoon advised. “If you want something, do it. Do it now. I’ll leave you to think about it, kay? Don’t stay up too late though. Good night.”

 

And then he left.

 

His words echoed in my mind.

Don’t have any more regrets

You may end up missing a golden opportunity

It’s time for you to let go of the past, and to move on…

 

And then I made a decision.

 

 

Your POV:

“I can’t take my breath breath breath~” My phone bleeped.

 UGHHHHHHHHHHH.

 

I opened my eyes, and darkness engulfed me. Taking a look at my bedside clock, I realized it was only 4am. And I didn’t even have work today. It was one of the precious few days I was able to sleep in.

 

UGHHHHHHHHH.

Darn that phone

Darn that person who texted me- WAIT.

 

New message from Yoseob

 

Did he just text me at 4am in the morning?

Why would he do that?

Why was he even awake?

 

Wait. What if something happened?

What if he fell sick again?

What if a burglar broke into his apartment and he needed help?

 

I immediately opened the message.

 

Hey Eunmi,

Meet me at the park at 5pm later.

I have something important to tell you.

 

Yoseob

------------

Heyyy :D

So I tried to make a cliffhanger :D Did I succeed? Are you guys curious what will happen next? :D 

Hope you liked the chapter, because the drama is coming reallyreally soon kekeke :D