BEAST's plan - part two

Kidnap my heart

 

Chapter forty-five

 

Yoseob’s POV:

 

“So, I think we have sufficient evidence to prove Ms. Park’s innocence, don’t you think?” Kikwang finished.

 

There was a long stretch of silence as everyone, including me, tried to process Kikwang’s words.

And then it struck me.

 

Eunmi had been innocent all along.

 

-FLASHBACK-

“Yah! Yang Yoseob! Say something!” Doojoon nudged me immediately, urging me to speak up.

 

“How can you guys be so ready to say that you believe her?” I argued. “How can you guys be so quick to shoot down Inyeong and believe what she says?”

 

There was a loud, audible gasp from the members.

 

“Hyung, what are you saying?” Kikwang gripped me by the shoulders. “Are you trying to say that you’re…you’re siding with Inyeong? YOU think that Ms. Park leaked the song out just so that she could earn some money?”

 

I shrugged. “Well, the evidence speaks for itself…” I muttered.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

I still remembered the look on her face. The shock. The hurt. The pain.

 

Then a wave of guilt hit me. Hard.

 

Pabo Yoseob! I couldn’t help but chide myself. Pabo pabo pabo! What were you thinking, doubting Eunmi of all people for leaking the song? What’s gotten into you? How could you suspect her? You know what an incredibly nice and honest girl Park Eunmi is, you do! What the hell were you thinking?

 

I bit my lip and stared at Eunmi, who was across the room, intently. People were flocking around her, apologizing profusely. She comforted and reassured them all, not bearing any grudges at all, even though she got insulted so harshly over the past few days. There was a huge smile on her face.

 

That smile…

I couldn’t help realize that it had been a long time since I had seen that kind of pure, genuine smile radiate from Eunmi. In fact, the last time I had seen it was so many months ago, before Inyeong appeared.

 

I miss her. I miss that smile, and I miss that laugh. I miss spending time with her, having private lessons with her, eating with her and just talking with her.

 

Why did I even distance myself away from her? Why? What happened to us? The strong friendship we shared, why was it like that now?

 

I knew I should apologize. I wanted to apologize so badly. I wanted to hug her tightly, to comfort her, to make up for the past few months. I sincerely and honestly wanted to.

 

But I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. It would be way too awkward, and I knew that Inyeong wouldn’t like it if I started spending time with Eunmi again.

 

So I just kept quiet, not saying a word and not approaching her.

 

 

No one’s POV:

“Hyung, I think it’s time for part two of the plan!” Kikwang whispered to Doojoon as the boys left Mr. Hong’s office.

 

Doojoon nodded and passed the message on to Hyunseung, who passed the message to Junhyung, who passed the message to Dongwoon.

 

Fingers crossed that it works. Kikwang bit his lip and silently prayed, as the boys scrambled back to the dormitory, where Yoseob had gone not too long ago.

Yoseob’s POV:

“Aishhh!” I let out a frustrated growl as I threw myself onto the top bunk, burying myself beneath my blanket.

 

Why didn’t you just apologize, god dammit? I bashed myself. Why were you such an idiot? Why did you distance yourself from her in the first place? Why why why why why?

 

Suddenly, my phone beeped. It was a text message.

 

From: Inyeong

To: Seobie oppa! <3 <3 <3

 

Oppa yah~ I won’t be coming back home today until midnight! D: Don’t worry, I promise to think of you when I’m away from you ;) Don’t stay up waiting for me!

Luvvvvvvvv chuuuuuu <3

 

XOXO,

Your baby

 

I sighed and threw my phone to a corner. This was the tenth time she stayed out to party and shop.

 

Not that I was complaining. I kind of needed some alone time now, anyway. I wasn’t in the mood to face a hyperactive Inyeong.

 

The door opened. Footsteps could be heard. The guys were apparently back. Great.

 

Why didn’t they include me in the plan to prove Eunmi’s innocence, anyway? I thought, rather bitterly. They probably just wanted to leave me out, and wanted all the credit.

 

Wait. What the hell are you thinking, Yang Yoseob? Come to your freaking senses! A more rational part of me reasoned. It’s your own freaking fault for doubting her in the first place, why would they include you if you suspected her huh?

 

“Is Yoseob here now?” I could hear Doojoon’s voice from the hallway.

 

“Don’t think so. He’s probably with Inyeong.” Hyunseung answered.

 

I wanted to speak up, but I decided I was too lazy and frustrated to care.

 

“Good. There’s something I need to tell you guys, but you guys CANNOT telling Yoseob, understood?” Doojoon said.

 

“Ne” They answered.

 

I frowned. It wasn’t like Doojoon to keep secrets from me. It wasn’t like any of them to discuss things behind my back.

 

“Okay. Listen up, I heard Mr. Hong and Ms. Park’s conversation a few days ago…and…”

 

“And…?”

“And Ms. Park told Mr. Hong that she wanted to…to resign.”

 

“WHAT?!?” The rest exclaimed. I wanted to join them so much, but I didn’t want to blow my cover. But I was just as shocked by the news.

 

“You have GOT to be kidding us, right hyung?” Kikwang sounded incredulous. “I mean, why would Ms. Park suddenly resign like that?”
 

“Was it because of the incident about ‘Love and War’ being leaked?” Junhyung spoke up. “Because it’s been settled now, right? So everything should be okay, right?”

 

“No, things aren’t that simple” Doojoon said. “Ms. Park already stated that the incident wasn’t the main reason why she was leaving, and I believe her.”

 

“THEN WHAT IS IT?” Dongwoon wailed. “I DON’T WANT NOONA TO LEAVE! I LOVE NOONA! SHE’S THE BESTEST NOONA IN THE WORLD, EVEN BETTER THAN NARSHA NOONA NOW!”

 

“Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t you think Seob has something to do with her resignation?” Doojoon wondered out loud. “Don’t you guys think so too?”

 

“Now that you mention it, you do have a point.” Hyunseung agreed. “Haven’t you noticed the way he’s been treating her recently? Ever since Inyeong showed up?”

 

“They haven’t spoken in forever!” Kikwang pointed out. “And to think they used to be so close! Now hyung just keeps ignoring her and giving the cold shoulder whenever he sees her! If I were her, I’d be really hurt!”

 

“And let’s not forget a few days ago, when Yoseob didn’t believe that she was innocent, even though he should know her the best out of all of us.” Junhyung mused. “I’d feel horrible if I were her.”

 

“HYUNG’S A MEANIE!” Dongwoon cried out. “HE’S SO MEAN TO NOONA! HOW CAN HE JUST THROW AWAY THEIR FRIENDSHIP LIKE THAT? IF I WERE HER, I’D WANT TO RUN FAR FAR AWAY FROM HIM! IT’S ALL HYUNG’S FAULT!”

 

“I tried to reason with Eunmi when I confronted her about it,” Doojoon continued. “But she seemed determined to leave.”

 

“Let me try then, maybe I can convince her-“ Kikwang tried, but Doojoon cut him off.

 

“I don’t think she’d listen to any of us, honestly,” Doojoon pointed out. “There’s only one person, in my opinion, who can convince her otherwise.”

 

“WHO?” The rest of the members chorused.

 

“Yang Yoseob that pabo,” Doojoon sighed. “But with the way things are going, it seems highly unlikely he’d try to dissuade her.”

 

“Yeah,” Hyunseung agreed. “He probably wouldn’t even care, or notice, if Ms. Park left.”

 

NO! I protested inwardly. It was true. I would definitely care if Eunmi left CUBE. I didn’t want her to go.

 

She can’t go, she just can’t. There’s so many things I want to say to her that I haven’t managed to say yet…Not to mention the apology I still owe her…

 

“When does she leave?” Junhyung asked Doojoon, cutting off my train of thoughts.

 

“Tomorrow’s her last day in CUBE. After tomorrow, she’s gone.” Doojoon sighed, causing the members to groan.

 

WHAT? TOMORROW? NO FREAKING WAY.

 

There was no way in hell that was going to happen.

 

Not if I could do anything about it.

-------------------

Hi guys! *waves* :D 

Okay, new chapter, as usual! So what do you think will happen?

And contrary to what most of you guys think, part two of the plan does NOT involve INSEO whatsoever, sorry heheh but that was a good idea x) 

But you guys will like the next few chapters, I swear *pinky promise* :D 

And also, I'M REALLY SORRY FOR NOT REPLYING TO YOUR COMMENTS FOR A WHOLE WEEK! I was busy! I'll reply to them right now :D 

Stay tuned guys! If I'm free, I may update one more time this week (maybe if you beg me hard enough HAHA) :D 

Okay byeeeee