Insomnia

Kidnap my heart

 

Chapter twenty-four:

Yoseob’s POV:

“Battery dead?” I asked her, when I saw the look of despair and frustration on her face. She nodded, biting her lip.

“Why don’t we just use your phone, then?” She suggested, her eyes lighting up. Obviously she thought that I had my phone with me and we could use it to get out.

I froze.

*Darn it* I wanted to hit myself

I stopped bringing my phone to practice a long time ago. I figured it was so troublesome, and since I never really used my phone in the building, I could just leave it in the dorm.

I never thought there’d be a day where I’d actually need to use it. Like today.

“I left it in the dorm…” I mumbled, and buried my face in my hands out of frustration. “I never needed it here, since I never use it anyway…”

“So,” Ms. Park said slowly, as if she was letting the truth sink in. “We’re stuck here for the entire night?”

I nodded, confirming her fear, which caused her to bury her head in her hands.

 

There was a long, painful silence.

 

“I’m sorry…” I whispered guiltily. I was, really. “This is all my fault. If I hadn’t made you stay back with me…if I had remembered about the janitor…if I had brought along my handphone…we wouldn’t be stuck in this situation right now…”

Darn it, Yang Yoseob! Why are you always getting perfectly innocent girls into situations like this?

Suddenly, I felt a very familiar hand squeeze mine lightly, silently comforting me. I turned around to face Ms. Park. She had a soft smile on her face, and shook her head gently, silently telling me that it wasn’t my fault.

I could almost swear I’ve touched that hand before…

And was it just my imagination, or did I feel a spark of electricity between our hands when they intertwined?

But that’s ridiculous, Yang Yoseob! You’ve never touched Ms. Park’s hand before!

You’re probably just thinking too much, as usual…

Suddenly, a grumble broke the silence. A rather loud one, in fact.

It was coming from Ms. Park. Her stomach was rumbling angrily.

Why did this all feel so…familiar?

The hand holding

Silent communicating

Even the stomach rumbling…

 

“You’re hungry?” I immediately asked her. “Aishhh! Of course you would be! I made you stay back with me-“

“Yah! Don’t you dare blame yourself again!” She scolded me, this time.

Okay…déjà vu much?

But from where?

“Since we’re stuck here, already, we might as well get to sleep.” She continued, and lay down awkwardly on the hard floor, facing away from me.

I did the same, but shifted myself further away from her. In fact, I went to the further corner possible and laid down on the hard floor.  I closed my eyes, and tried my hardest to fall asleep.

Silence.

Absolute silence.

I could hear Ms. Park’s soft breathing, and the clock ticking away, beeping once every hour.

I didn’t know how long I lay down on the hard floor, trying to fall asleep, but it just wasn’t working.

 

Beep

 

I looked at the clock.

2:00AM
3 hours had passed, and I was still unable to fall asleep.

Now that I thought about it…

When was the last time that I was unable to fall asleep?

….

..

Wasn’t it…about three months ago?

I didn’t know why, but about three months ago, I just suddenly stopped suffering from insomnia.

Before, I would have trouble sleeping every single night, without fail.

I wouldn’t be able to sleep. I would be tortured by my conscience. I would be reminded by Inyeong. And those thoughts would haunt me so much that I was unable to sleep…

But…

About three months ago, they just stopped

I would feel at peace

I would manage to fall asleep almost instantaneously, without any trouble at all

In fact…I began to even look forward to sleep.

Because I was finally able to rest properly

I had no idea why. What exactly happened three months ago?

I didn’t seem to remember anything big happening, besides my comeback stage, I guess?

But what could my comeback stage have to do with my sleep?

And I guess you could say about three months ago, I stopped disliking Ms. Park.

But that was an even more ridiculous reason behind this sudden condition…

What could Ms. Park have to do with Inyeong, seriously…(A.N Ironic, isn’t it :D)

Aishhh. Stop thinking so much. Maybe my body was just trying to make up for its lack of sleep due to my insomnia?

 

The floor was uncomfortable, I was sweaty and most importantly, I was starving.

Suddenly, I remembered that I had an untouched sandwich from lunch in my backpack. My stomach growled even harder at the thought of it.

“Hey, Ms. Park…” I approached her cautiously, wondering if she was asleep. She immediately looked over at me.

“Can’t sleep too, huh?” She murmured, and sat up.

I nodded, feeling somehow relieved that I wasn’t the only one who was unable to fall asleep.  “Are you hungry?”

She bit her lip and her stomach rumbled angrily. “A little.” She admitted, rather sheepishly.

“Listen, I think I have an untouched sandwich in my bag. Do you want it?” I offered, even though I was starving. After all, I had gotten her into this situation, and the least I could do was to offer food to her.

“Ne, but aren’t you hungry too?” She asked me curiously. I shook my head.

“I had a big lunch, believe me.” I chuckled, trying to hide the immense pain in my stomach due to hunger. Then I reached into my backpack and handed her the ham-and-cheese sandwich.

It looked so good…

In fact, I was salivating just from touching it.

I held my breath, trying to prevent the aroma of the sandwich from tempting me

She was about to take a bite into the sandwich happily when my traitorous stomach rumbled loudly.

“Yah! So you are hungry!” She immediately pushed the sandwich back to me. “Take it! It’s yours, anyway!”

“Ani! You’re hungrier.” I insisted.

“But it’s yours!”

“But I got you into this, so I owe you.”

She sighed, giving up. “How about we share?” She suggested, breaking the sandwich into two even portions, handing one of them to me.

I hesitantly accepted it, and took a bite into the soft bread…

It tasted heavenly…

The taste of salty ham and cheese, on soft bread…it was delicious

I’ve never tasted such a good sandwich before. Well, maybe because I was starving. But still…

We finished the sandwich much too soon, but were still hungry.

“Ughh…” she moaned, clutching her stomach. “I would kill for some rice now…”

“Rice sounds good.” I agreed. “Or spicy ramen…Mmmm…”

She closed her eyes and her lips. “Ramen…that would be so good…I am definitely having ramen the first thing tomorrow…”

I nodded, agreeing.

The awkward silence came again.

Should we try to sleep again?

Or should we make conversation?

--------------------

Annyeong :D Haha sorry for not updating in awhile, like I said before, I really am busy >< with schoolwork and the mountains of tests and stuff like that D: So yeah! But I decided to update today because I honestly haven't updated in awhile D: mianhe! I promisepromisepromise I'll update soon :D (maybe Saturday or Sunday when I'm less busy?) 

Anyway, hope you guys like this chapter! :D Show lots of love and comment okayyy :D Love you guys!