Inyeong's past

Kidnap my heart

 

Chapter four:

Yoseob’s POV:

I woke up sleepily. It was morning. Inyeong was probably still asleep. I decided not to wake her up.

The door opened. The kidnapper walked in, with two food trays.

“Here you go. Breakfast.” He said gruffly. He noticed that Inyeong was still sleeping, so he fed me and gave me water first. He was about to wake Inyeong up.

“Let her go. Please. I know you don’t want to kill her.” I spoke up.

The kidnapper sighed. “I don’t want to kill her either, but we have no choice. She’s seen our faces! She knows way too much.”

“Is there any way to save her? I’d do anything!”

The kidnapper shook his head. “It’s impossible. Our boss wants her dead. It’s only a matter of when he wants to kill her. I’m sorry.”

He woke Inyeong up and fed her breakfast.

Thank goodness she didn’t hear our conversation.

Inyeong ah, I’m so sorry for getting you into this.

You don’t deserve to die.

I can’t let you. There must be a way.

The kidnapper left, closing the door behind him.

“Good morning, sleepyhead.” I greeted her.

“Good morning, oppa.” I could hear her giggle slightly. Her laugh was mesmerizing.

We spent the entire day talking, just like yesterday. Only today, I got to know another side of Inyeong…

We were talking about our pets when I realized we had never talked about our family.

“You know,” I told her. “We’ve never talked about our family before. Do you have siblings like me? Or are you an only child?”

She suddenly went quiet.

“Inyeong? Inyeong are you okay?” I immediately asked, slightly worried.

“I’m fine.” She answered weakly.

“I’m sorry; I shouldn’t have asked you that.” I immediately apologized.

“Ani! It’s not your fault!” She immediately replied. Then she sighed. “It’s a long story.”

“We have nothing but time.” I pointed out, and then squeezed her hand to encourage her. “Come on, you can tell me anything. I’m your dependable oppa, remember?”

“Ne.” She took a deep breath and started.

“Honestly, I loved to dance when I was young. I would dance every day, and was on the school dance team. My dream was to become a dance instructor at a kpop agency, to choreograph and teach kpop dance routines to idols.”

I tensed up a little when she talked about kpop idols.

“That job seemed perfect to me. It was just dancing, dancing and dancing all the way.” She said dreamily. “But the thing is, my parents never really approved of me dancing. They were all for it as a hobby, but they didn’t want me to take it up as a career. They wanted me to be like the other kids, to study hard and to graduate with good grades, so that I would have a good job and stable income. It was true that grades could get you good jobs, but I always argued that I should follow my passion and not pressure from society. They respected my decision, of course, but somehow, I got the feeling that they were disappointed in me, and wished that they had a normal, studious child.” She sighed, her voice wavering. I could sense she was going to cry, so I squeezed her hand even tighter, urging her to continue.

“Anyway, I had signed up for an audition to be a dance trainee at SM entertainment a few years ago. I was so excited, and had put in a lot of effort and time for this audition. The day before my audition, I finally summoned all of my courage and told my parents about the audition. They didn’t yell at me, but they looked bitterly disappointed. I asked them if they would come to watch and support me, but they looked at each other and said that ‘they’d think about it’, which meant a ‘no’. At least that’s what I thought.”

Her voice wavered even harder. She was on the verge of breaking down into tears.

“Hey, if you don’t want to continue, it’s okay.” I told her gently. I didn’t want her to cry, no matter how much I wanted to hear her story.

“No. It’s okay. I’ll continue.” She took another deep breath and continued.

“On the day of the audition, I danced my very best. Every move was in extreme precision and I was really giving my all there. The judges looked impressed. The crowd went wild. When I looked at the crowd, my parents weren’t there, like I expected. When I got back home, prepared to meet their disappointed gazes, I realized my parents weren’t there. It was rather weird, because they should have been back home by then. So I waited at home. And waited. And waited. Until I fell asleep on the couch. In the middle of the night, the phone rang. It was the hospital. They told me to hurry down to the hospital immediately, and that it was related to my parents. I had a very bad feeling about this, so I rushed down to the hospital immediately. When I got there, th-the d-doctors t-told m-me that t-they tr-tried their b-best b-bu-t t-th-hey c-couldn’t s-save th-them b-because th-they had l-lost too much bl-blood. Turns out that they got into a car accident on their way to-to w-watch m-my audition! T-they DID care about me after all! They loved me so much, they decided to watch my audition. B-but they got into a car accident, and-and-and-I didn’t even g-get to say g-goodbye t-to them!” She finally broke down. I could hear her sobbing, as her shoulders moved up and down uncontrollably.

My heart ached as I heard her cry. I wanted to hug her so badly, to comfort her, to her head. Stupid ropes…

“It’s okay…It’s okay…” I tried to soothe her, but she wouldn’t stop crying.

So I let her continue. I her hand gently, until she finally calmed down.

“So from then onwards, I was on my own. I had no other relatives, and no one else to depend on.” She sniffed. “I got accepted by SM entertainment, but I couldn’t take up the job. It just reminded me of how I disappointed my parents and how I caused their deaths…And so, yeah. This is my story. I’ve never shared this with anyone before.”

“So you’ve been all alone, with no one to depend on, all these years?”

“Ne.”

“And you’ve never shared this burden with anyone at all? You’ve kept this all in?”
“Ne.”

“Oh Inyeong,”

“It’s okay, oppa” She forced out a laugh. “It’s been years already. It’s all over. I got over it.”

“You know, Inyeong,” I said gently to her. “If you ever need someone to depend on, I’m always here for you.”

“Really?” Her voice was wavering again.

“Really.” I squeezed her hand again. “Kim Inyeong, I promise you, if we get out of here, I’ll make sure you move in with me. You can’t live alone forever, Inyeong. You need someone there. You need an oppa, who will take care of you, who will share your burdens with you, who will love and care for you.”

“You’d…really…let me move in with you?”

“Really” I confirmed.

I could hear her sniffing again.

“What’s wrong, Inyeong? Did I say something wrong again?” I asked her worriedly.

“Ani, oppa! I’m just so…happy! You know, apart from my parents, you’re the first person who ever cared about me…Who was willing to listen to me…Why are you so nice to me, Yoseob oppa?”

“Because I’m your dependable oppa. Because you tried to help me when you saw me get kidnapped. Any other person would have ran away immediately. Only you bothered to help me. And here you are, in this situation…”

“Don’t you dare blame yourself again!” She scolded me. “In fact,” she admitted shyly. “I’m kind of glad that I got myself into this situation.”

“WAEYO?” I was surprised.

She giggled at my reaction. “Because, silly, I got to meet you.”

Her sweetness was unbearable.

“You know what? I’m glad I got kidnapped too.” I grinned. 

--------------

Annyeong! :D

heheh SORRY FOR UPDATING ONE DAY LATE! I was reallyreally busy (I had guests)

ANYWAY, HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS CHAPTER :D Can you sense feelings developing between the two?

A few more chapters before huge drama :D

OH!

And pleeease vote for b2st at MAMA 2012!!

Kamsamida <3