The party (part 2)

Kidnap my heart

 

Chapter thirty-three:

Yoseob’s POV:

And so, we sat there on the swing, just the two of us, in comfortable silence, enjoying each other’s presence as we sipped on our hot chocolates.

 

“Isn’t the sky beautiful?” Eunmi pointed to the night sky, tilting her head up slightly, a peaceful smile on her face.

I looked up. The sky was twilight-black, making the tiny stars sparkle and shimmer more than usual. In fact, I didn’t think I had ever seen shinier stars, or a darker sky before. The stars dotted the night sky, making them look like glittering flakes. It was a beautiful sight.

 

 “It is…” I murmured, nodding, in awe of its beauty. Then I remembered something my mother had told me once, when I was just a kid.

 

“You know, “ I began softly, my eyes never drifting away from the beautiful scenery above, “My mom once told me that when people die, they become stars in the sky”

 

“Really?”

 

I nodded. “Mmhmm. That’s why each star is different. God made the world this way so that the dead could still see their loved ones, even if they weren’t physically with them. Sounds good, huh?”

 

Eunmi nodded. After a moment’s silence, she spoke up, rather hesitantly though.

 

“Do you…Do you think that…my parents could be up there, watching me?” She stared up at the night sky, her expression filled with longing and hope.

 

“Absolutely.” I replied firmly. And I meant it. “I’m sure they’re watching over you now, as we speak. I’m sure they’re really proud of you, too, for having achieved so much.”

 

“Do you really think so?” She turned to look at me, her eyes wide.

 

I nodded. “Without a doubt”

 

Her lips curved upwards into a gentle, sweet smile.

 

“Thank you, Yoseob…” she murmured. “Thank you for cheering me up…”

 

“Oppa.” I blurted out.

 

“What?” She wrinkled her brows, confused, an action which I thought was pretty cute.

 

“Call me oppa.” I said again. I didn’t know why I had the urge for her to call me oppa, I just had it. Somehow, whenever she called me ‘Yoseob’, it never seemed complete without an ‘oppa’ at the back.

 

But I had no idea why. I had no qualms about other girls calling me ‘Yoseob’, or ‘Yoseob-ssi’. In fact, few ever called me ‘oppa’, except for the members of 4minute and APINK, maybe.

 

And of course, Inyeong…

“Ummm…” She gave me a weird look, obviously confused at my sudden request.

 

“Please?” I smiled, trying to act as casual as I could. “We’re pretty close now, so I don’t see why you shouldn’t call me oppa.”

 

Her weird look immediately faded away, and turned into a smile instead. “Oh” She said peacefully. “I guess I could, Yoseob…oppa…”

 

Silence

 

Then, almost at the same time, we burst out laughing.

 

“Okay okay. It takes time.” I chuckled. “But it’s a start”

 

Before she could say anything back, the BEAST members rushed out.

 

“YAH! WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING OUT HERE?” Kikwang exclaimed. “WE’VE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR YOU!”

 

“The party’s almost over! Get your butts back in here!” Hyunseung motioned us into the room.

 

Reluctantly, I got up from the bench, extending an arm to help Eunmi up as well, and we hurried into the ballroom.

 

“OKAY EVERYBODY!” The DJ roared. “THIS PARTY IS ALMOST OVER, BUT BEFORE WE END IT, LET’S HAVE ONE FINAL SONG, OKAY?”

 

The crowd cheered.

 

“OKAY EVERYONE, GRAB A PARTNER AND IT’S TIME FOR A SLOW DANCE! Dongwoon, if you may!”

 

This time, however, he didn’t play music. Instead, Dongwoon (YES, OUR VERY OWN MAKNAE) proudly walked towards the white piano in the middle of the dance floor.

 

“SON DONGWOON! SON DONGWOON!” The crowd cheered as he made his way there. His face pinked as he walked past Narsha, who was screaming louder than anybody else in the room.

 

As Dongwoon started to play the opening few notes of ‘fiction’, the crowd went crazy, scrambling to grab a partner for the slow dance.

 

“What are you two standing there for?” Kikwang looked at Eunmi and I as he whisked Hyosung off to the dance floor. “DANCE!”

 

Awkward silence.

 

“So,” I began awkwardly, playing with my fingers, refusing to make eye contact with Eunmi. “Want to…um…dance?”

 

She nodded slowly, and we made our way to the dance floor, just in time for the first chorus.

I slid my hand around her waist stiffly, noting how she flinched slightly when we made contact.

 

Did she feel the sparks whenever we touched as well?

 

“Come on, hold my shoulder!” I urged her as casually as I could. She pinked and laid a stiff hand on my shoulder. And then we started to waltz to Dongwoon’s beautiful piano playing.

 

One word? Awkward

 Well, at least throughout the first chorus. And the second verse maybe. We were as stiff as puppets. Heck, we didn’t even bend our arms, just to maximize the distance between us.

 

But as the second chorus came, our joints started to relax. We started to flow along with the music. I even stopped looking down at my feet and looked right into those big, raven eyes of hers.

 

Unknowingly, I began to pay immense attention to her facial features.

 

Her eyebrows were long. Really long. And thick, even without mascara.

Her complexion was perfect. Absolutely perfect, without a single blemish in sight.

Her cheeks were extremely pink (from blushing), contrasting perfectly with her fair skin

And her lips

Her lips looked soft

Soft and tender

And they looked moist too. Sweet-looking.

 

AISH! What the hell, Yang Yoseob? I chided. What the heck are you thinking? AISHHHHHHH. What’s the matter with you?

 

I wasn’t paying attention to dancing. I got distracted. And hence I took a forward way too early, causing Eunmi’s leg to get caught onto mine and her to trip.

 

My hand immediately reached out to catch her before she fell onto the ground. I didn’t even have to think. It was as if my arms knew exactly what to do, like it was a reflex action.

 

Her body was so light, and it was so soft, so delicate…I wanted to hug her. I really, really wanted to.

 

We stayed in that position for a little more than a second, before I snapped back into reality and pulled her upright, chuckling awkwardly.

 

“Thank you…” she murmured, looking straight into my eyes.

I bit my lip, trying to erase all my thoughts about hugging her. “No…no problem.”

 

Thankfully, the music ended right at that time, and the crowd was too busy clapping for Dongwoon to notice anything that had happened between us.

 

But I noticed it.

 

What is wrong with you, Yang Yoseob?

Don’t tell me you’re…

--------------------

Complete the sentence :D kekeke! :D 

Anyway, as promised, the weekly update (every Sunday) :D Really hoped you liked it! I spent more than an hour on it D: I'm sorry homework!

Anyway, I would love to hear from you awesome subbies in the comments section :D

And a few more chappies to the DRAMA!

THANKYOU!