Friendship

Kidnap my heart

 

Chapter twenty-eight:

[December 2013, Inkigayo]

 

Yoseob’s POV:

“You bad to me, so bad to me, so bad to me, yeah~” (A/N: I love CUBE and all, but they really need to work on their English .__.)

 

Silence

 

I froze. Did I do something wrong? Did I go off tune? Did I slip up on my move? I must have slipped up doing that darned step, I knew I should have practiced more, now-

 

Suddenly, the entire concert hall erupted into applause

 

“YANG YOSEOB! YANG YOSEOB! YANG YOSEOB!”

 

They were chanting my name

They were cheering for me

 

I could feel tears forming at the corner of my eyes.

Finally, after months and months of sweat and hard work, this moment had come

And it was better than I had ever imagined it would be

 

I quickly wiped away tears and broke out into a huge grin.

“Kamsamida!” I bowed at my fans, my voice wavering with gratitude. “Chongmal kamsamida! Saranghae! Jinjia Saranghae!”

 

“SARANGHAE YOSEOB OPPA! SARANGHAE!” They chanted back to me.

 

It wasn’t just better.

It was a thousand times better.

 

 

As soon as I stepped backstage, I was being attacked

In the best way possible

 

“HYUNG! THAT WAS SUPER DUPER DAEBAK! SUPER SUPER SUPER DUPER!” Dongwoon immediately pulled me into a bonecrushing hug. Since he was so tall and strong, he easily lifted me up and started to swing me around, as if I was his teddy bear or something.

No, I wasn’t even kidding. I wish I were.

“YAH! SON DONGWOON! PUT ME DOWN NOW!” I yelled. I must have yelled too loudly, because he jumped up and accidently dropped me. Hard.

Everyone burst into laughter. I, on the other hand, growled at the maknae menacingly, causing him to squeal in fright and hide behind Doojoon.

Tchh. Coward.

 

For the next 10 minutes or so, I was faced with a never-ending stream of compliments about how well my comeback stage for ‘Caffeine’ had been. They were nice and all, but my mind was on something else.

Or rather, SOMEONE else

Where was she again? Why wasn’t she ever around when I wanted to find her?

 

I chuckled, thinking back to the night of our comeback stage for ‘Beautiful Night’. I remembered how I was discreetly looking around for her, trying to find ways to thank her without losing my pride

 

“Anyway, it was really amazing, you really did an awesome job!” One of the crew patted my back. I smiled distractedly, and thanked him halfheartedly, before I quickly took the chance to escape the crowd.

 

I finally spotted a very familiar figure sitting on one of the stools. I smiled. There she was.

 

“Hey”

“Hey yourself” She smiled, motioning me to take a seat on the stool next to hers.

“So, what did you think?” I tried not to seem desperate, but I was dying to know how she thought of my performance. After all, she HAD spent weeks and weeks preparing me for tonight.

“Think of what?” She knitted her brows in confusion, like she had no idea what I was talking about.

“You didn’t see my performance?” My face immediately fell

I tried to hide my disappointment, but apparently I failed, because she burst out into laughter.

“Just kidding! Don’t look so sad, gosh!” She hit my shoulder gently, smiling. “How could I have missed it? Especially after all the hours I invested in this performance? It was daebak! It was exactly like you practiced! No wait, it was even better!”

“Aren’t you proud of me?” I grinned. “You ARE proud of me, aren’t you?”

“No!” She immediately protested, shaking her head furiously. “I said no such thing!”

“Say it.” I demanded playfully. “Say you’re proud of me”

“Shireo!”

“Say it”

“Shireo!”

“Well then…” I bit back a grin, a mischievous idea forming up in my head. Then, without any warning, I pounced onto Eunmi and tackled her down on the floor, tickling her non-stop.

“What are you doing?” She was struggling to talk from all that laughing. “Stop it! YAH!”

“Not unless you say that you’re proud of me~” I sang.

 “WHAT? YAH YANG YOSEOB! HOW OLD ARE YOU NOW?” She complained, obviously helpless to my tickling techniques. “YOU’RE SO CHILDISH!”

 

I shrugged, not caring.

It was fun being childish, sometimes.

“FINE! FINEFINEFINEFINEFINE!” She raised up both of her hands in surrender. “You win, okay? Just stop tickling me already! My stomach hurts!”

I finally stopped tickling her. She was panting heavily, tears forming at the corner of her eyes from laughing too hard.

 

“Ms. Park, is there something you want to tell me?” I grinned innocently. Well, as innocently as I could pretend to be, that is.

“You’re horrible, you know that?” She narrowed her eyes at me and grumbled.

I raised my eyebrows at her and inched closer towards her, which caused her to squeal in fright.

“Okay okay okay!” She huffed, then smiled gently.

“You did amazing today, Yang Yoseob.” She patted me on the shoulder. “I’m really proud of you.”

 

Those few words she said, just those few words, were enough to make me beam from ear to ear. It didn’t even matter that I had just forced her to say those few words.

 

She said she was proud of me!

 

“Now come on!” She stood up, and linked her arm into mine casually. “Let’s go celebrate the success of your solo album and comeback stage together with the other guys! You’re treating!” 

--------------

HELLO :DDDD

I'm really sorry for the uneventful chapter, but there's got to be this link between two events :D

And this chapter shows how the friendship between Inyeong and Yoseob has developed over the past few months <3

Who's curious to find out what will happen next?(: