Why are we like this?

She IS your girlfriend, I WAS your girlfriend. [Hiatus]

He remembered well when the first time he met her, he took picture of her, their second chaotic encounter, their bickering and until both started to fall in love with each other. He doesn’t know whether it was a love at a first sight or not, but one thing he sure, he fell attracted to her when he first saw her.

People would say that love at first sight never really exist, but to him, it kind of magic to him.

However, all the good things need to end. They have failed in protecting their love relationship. Luhan couldn’t forget the moment of their break up. If he could turn back the time, he wouldn’t want that to happen.

They broke up with a confused heart.

They were arguing about the same thing over and over again. They just followed what their mind said instead of what their heart said.

 

:: Flashback ::

 

“I hated the fact that you always been nice to that Soohyun.” Luhan pouted while playing with the end of her hair with his finger. “Why? I was just helping him, he was new and he needs friends.” Suzy replied while also playing with the fringe of him hair.

He had his head rested on her lap while he lay on the mat. They were spending their free time under the tree near the college park where they usually hang out with their friends. They also had the mat hidden around the tree since they were the only one who would sit there.

Luhan shrugged, “I don’t know I just don’t like it. Please, don’t hang out with him anymore.” he pleaded.

“You’re just jealous. He just my friends, just like the girls.” Suzy smiled assuring him.

“Yeah but sometimes I feel like he wanted to take you away from me.” Luhan sighed but then he yelped when she pinched his cheek.

“Can’t you stop thinking about that? He wouldn’t do that since he knows that I’m with you. I only love you and only you.” Suzy caressed his cheek that was slightly red when she pinched it earlier.

Luhan sat up straight and turned to face her. His face turned serious as he cupped her cheek. “Yes, I know that and I love you too. But what bother me the most the way he looked at you. I’m a man Suzy, and I know the way he looked at you, I know he didn’t only see you as his friend.”

Suzy furrowed his eyebrow and pushed his hand on her cheek. “You didn’t trust me anymore right? You thought I would like him back? Why are you being like this Luhan? We have talked about this thousand of time already! We are just friends!” Suzy was mad, yes. It was mostly because she felt like Luhan never trust her.

He was being insecure but actually he shouldn’t feel that in the first place. She never looked at Soohyun more than a friend. She hope, just hope that Luhan would notice that she only love him. There was only one person that could be in her heart and that place was only for Luhan but he didn’t seem to notice.

“I know! But-”

“But what?” Suzy cut his before he could continue. “You just didn’t trust me anymore! Why Luhan? I trust you when you being nice to Jieun but you can’t do the same! It’s unfair!” Suzy could feel that her tears swelled in her eyes. It was threatening her that anytime it could fall soon.

“What? Jieun is in different case. I was only close to her since she was my mother’s friend’s daughter. You knew that!” Luhan started to raise his voice.

“I knew that! And I also knew that she liked you!”

“Bae Sue Ji, you are being immature again! She USED to like me! We were just kid at that time! Why are being like this?” Luhan shook his head. “I’m immature? Said by the guy who told me to stop being nice to other guy.” Suzy rolled her eyes.

“I don’t know why are we fighting about this again” Luhan pinched the bridge on his nose while shook his head. “I’m tired of this.”

“You are the one who brought this up. I’m late, I need to go to class right now.” Suzy took her bag and stood to leave. She walked without looking back at him or any goodbye kiss.

Luhan just watched her walked and ruffled his hair wildly. He didn’t like it when they always fought about this. Not that they never fought, they had fought but only for awhile and they would made up the minute later.

However, these past days, they had fought more and more often just because of the same topic again and again. Luhan just doesn’t know what to do anymore.

He was tired of this fight.

They’re not the same they used to anymore.

 

:: End of flashback ::

 

Suzy shook her head. She keeps trying to push memory away from her but it keep flooded in her minds.

She can’t simply forget about it.

The memories that come just add more the pain in her already broken heart.

The sweet memory, along with the painful memory. All in once.

The tears in her eyes already streaming down her face. It seems like the sky knows her pain too because it was raining heavily outside the window, sharing the same feeling that she feels right now.

After the incident, there is something that bothers her the most but she couldn’t actually tell what it was. She just misses him, Luhan, more and more.

She couldn’t forget about him and the thing he does to her. It just had the greatest effect on her.

 

:: Flashback ::

 

Suzy was skipping down the hallway, she just has this happy mood and she could go smiling all the way. Just then she saw Luhan by the end of the hallway with a few books in his hands.

They were already on a good term since they had their last fight. The fight was never really lasted that long because they would always made up the next day or the next two days. She was smiling when she saw him there and when he was about to go there, something, rather than someone stopped her from doing so.

She stopped smiling when she saw Jieun who was walking beside him all the time and they talked about something. She hides behind the wall and Suzy could tell that she was jealous seeing Luhan talked to her and the way she looked at him. He gave the book that was in his hands all the while to Jieun.

Soon, she heard their laughter erupted throughout the hallway. Suzy doesn’t know what they were laughing about because she couldn’t make out what they said.

She clenched her fist tightly, she hated this feeling.

Her happy mood before this already disappears with the wind, gone just like that and this moody, sad feeling was all she could feel.

Suzy closed her eyes and takes a very deep breath before she walked away from the place she was hiding from him. She walked away slowly so that she hopes she didn’t interrupt their conversation. She knows that she can’t be just jealous because of Luhan talking to Jieun, but then, her heart couldn’t lie.

She felt like their relationship isn’t going to get anywhere better. She just feels it. While she was walking through the hallway, Suzy heard someone was calling her from behind so she turned around. She was a bit disappointed that the guy wasn’t Luhan, it was Soohyun. “Hey, control you expressions. I know I’m not your Luhan” Soohyun joked as he strides towards her.

Suzy smiled weakly before replied, “Nothing, I was surprised to see you here.”

“I finished class early today. Hey I was hungry, want to grab something to eat?” Soohyun offered. Suzy thinks for awhile about that. Usually she would be having her lunch with Luhan but since he was busy with Jieun, guess it didn’t hurt if she eats with Soohyun right?

“Okay” She agreed.

“Good! Let’s go then!” Soohyun said while he put his hand on her shoulder and pushed her forward.

Little did they know Luhan was watching it too. He was actually walking through the hallways after he talked with Jieun and he stopped when he heard Soohyun asking her to go out.

At first he would thought that she would refuse him since they always eat together after finishing their class but he furrowed his eyebrow when he heard she agreed to him.

Luhan gritted his teeth when he saw he was holding her shoulder. Call him possessive or what but he really didn’t like it when someone touches his property. Just then he received a message from her

I’m going to eat with my friend, just go back first’.

*What? Just friend? Why she didn’t say it was Soohyun* Luhan gripped hard on his phone before he would totally lose it.

 


 

Mama hope my dearies won't get confused with the flashback and the present. Hope my dearies enjoy this chapter and tell mama what you feel about it okay? This just the first part, mama will continue later. So now we about to know why they broke up right? Sorry if it too cliche.