Start of something new

She IS your girlfriend, I WAS your girlfriend. [Hiatus]

 

The stars goes down, the sun goes up~~. The sunlight was finding its way through the closed curtain.

 

Suzy was peacefully sleeping on her bed when suddenly a hand snapped opens the curtain. She grumbled at the sudden brightness and tried to pull the blanket over her head. However, before she was able to do that, she felt a tug at the end of her blanket.

 

“No’oh! Don’t even think in getting back to sleep missy! It’s your first day today!” Nichkhun, the culprit who wakes her up pulls the blanket away from her but she held it back.

 

Suzy was trying her best to pull back the blanket and finally the siblings end up playing tug-of-war over a blanket.

 

“Let go dude! Don’t you have any better to do?” She grumbled and pulled the blanket harder.

 

“DUDE? YAH! I’m your brother! And no, I don’t have any better to do than waking you up right now!”

 

“Then you have no life!” Suzy stuck her tongue at him.

 

Nichkhun could only roll his eyes. His sister could be really grumpy especially in the morning. Waking her up was the hardest task to do. “Whatever, why can’t you just wake up!” Nichkhun pulled the blanket harder and just to his luck she let go the blanket.

 

Perfect timing. He falls back on his . Suzy burst out laughing and rolls like a buffalo on her bed. She clutched her stomach seeing her cool and always serious brother fall on his .

 

“Take that!” She stuck her tongue again and lay back on the bed. Suzy puts a pillow on her head and go back to sleep.

 

“Woah hyung! Why are you on the floor?” Wooyoung came in seeing his brother.

 

“Ask that brat!” Nichkhun pointed Suzy with his mouth and get up while rubbing his sore .

 

Wooyoung laughed knowing that only Suzy dared to do thing like that to Nichkhun. Even he and Kibum wouldn’t dare to do anything to him because they will get hit back by him since he is the oldest and simply because he has a soft spot on Suzy.

 

Nichkhun glared at Wooyoung, “Shut up! You and her are just the same” he grumbled.

 

“What can I say bro, she is my sister” Wooyoung pats his shoulder.

 

“In case you forgot, she is my sister too! Now you go wakes you princess! I give up!”

 

Wooyoung turned towards Suzy and grinned evilly. Time to annoy Suzy.

 

He suddenly jumped on her and pulled the pillow that was on her head. He shouted in her ear, “Wake up! Your highness princess Suzy!!! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!  Wake up! Wake up! Wake--” Suzy quickly shut him by putting her hand on his mouth.

 

“Shut it!”

 

He removed her hand from his mouth.

 

“No until you wake up” He pulled her and hugs her closely.

 

“Wake up~ Wake up~ Wake up~” He sang annoyingly and poked her cheek continuously.

 

“AISSSHH! Okay! Okay! I will! Stop it monkey! You’re annoying!” she shouted at him.

 

Wooyoung finally let go of her and grinned innocently. “Wake up!”

 

“Said that again, I will cut you throat. God! Why are you so annoying?” She ruffled her hair, her morning was never peaceful with her brothers around her.

 

“Well, that’s my job! Annoy Suzy!” he pinch her cheek.

 

“Yahh! Its hurts!” Suzy shouted and takes Wooyoung’s hand and bite him.

 

“AAHHH!!!” He shouted in pain. 

 

Nichkhun was laughing seeing his brother and sister wrestling with each other, but that was not for long because suddenly a pillow came flying towards him and it hit perfectly on his head.

 

“That for taking my blanket” She smirked.

 

“Aisssh this brat!” he throws the pillow back to her and it landed on Wooyoung, unfortunately.

 

“This is WAR!” Wooyoung said taking both pillow and hit his sister and brother.

 

Soon, three of them start having a pillow fight.

 

“Oh my Prada! What are you guys doing?” An exaggerated gasp was heard and Kibum entered the room with both of his hand on his waist. They all stop what they were doing and turned to Kibum.

 

“And YOU! Bae Suzy, why are you still on the bed? Don’t you know that today is your first day in college and you still not wake up? You know I hate when people late and now I have to pick a suitable dress for you first day as a senior and still bla bla bla”

 

“Yah, how come he get so much energy in talking even early in the morning?” Wooyoung whispered to Nichkhun which the latter just shrugged,

 

“My ears are bleeding” Suzy pouted at them and Nichkhun and Wooyoung also nod their head.

 

“I think he is much worse than umma” Nichkhun said and they laughed silently.

 

They were whispering to each other while Kibum still giving her morning lecture which they never listen to.

 

“Yah! Are you even listening to me?” He asked. They flinched a bit.

 

“No, my ears are bleeding, I can’t hear anything.” Suzy said innocently.

 

Nichkhun and Wooyoung laughed at her remark.

 

Kibum gritted his teeth “Fine then, looks like I’m not going to buy you anything anymore then!” he turned around wanted to walk away from the room.

 

Suzy widened her eyes, “Oppa no! hehehe I’m sorry oppa! I won’t do that anymore! Forgive me kay?” She blinked her eyes cutely.

 

When it comes to Kibum, he would always buy things for her and she loves it. But one thing is he is annoying and loves to nag, a lot. And it annoys her. If Wooyoung, he does thing to purposely annoy her, but Kibum, he did not purposely annoys her, he annoyed her with his divaness. However, Nichkhun, was the first person that always backs her up first in everything. He is different from those two, but that was the thing that she loves the most about her brothers. They really take care of her.

 

Suzy walked to the bathroom after shoo her brothers out from her room. She takes her shower and dressed up. 

 

Suzy looked at her own reflection on the long mirror and straighten her clothes. She let out a heavy sigh.

 

"It's been one year now. How are you doing, Luhan?"

 

Her eyes start to glisten with tears. She quickly wiped it because she doesn't want to look bad on her first day in college. It's her senior year. It's been one year now since she broke up with him.

 

She regretted it.

 

She regrets her decision in letting him go. In those years had thought her that her life is nothing without him.

 

For the time passes her heart felt empty.

 

She always restrained herself from thinking about him, but she just can't. When the day she broke up with him, she cried.

 

She cried all night.

 

And until now, she still cried in her sleep.

 

She just misses him so much.

 

She misses being in his arms at night.

 

He used to sing her a lullaby when she can't go to sleep.

 

They were like strangers after they broke up. She still hasn't changed a thing. She was always a college's sweetheart.

 

Everybody loves her. Boys or girls. She was admired by everyone.

 

With him, they were the college heartthrob couple.

 

They were loved by everyone, even teachers. Everyone just hope to be either Luhan's place or Suzy's place.

 

They were fit for search other. Everyone can sense that they love each other and they knew that nothing would break them apart.

 

However, after the break up, everyone was shocked. They were shocked when they did not see them holding hands together, kissing or cuddling together anymore. Their friends would feel weird when not seeing them together anymore.

 

Suzy's personality changed a bit. She was less friendly, she rarely smile. Even if she smiles, it feels like she was forced to smile like that. Despite her change, she was still the sweetheart and she still has a nice heart.

 

The same goes to Luhan. He stopped being really playful and stop smiling. He would rarely smile and would just let small smile. It's like they are not there even though their body is there. They lost their soul.

 

Their friends try really hard on getting them back together and it seems like their effort were only going to become wasted.

 

Suzy shook all the memories thinking about him and went down to the kitchen. She found her brothers were already there with her parents.

 

"Aigoo! You look so pretty in that, my princess!" Kibum said and pulled her to sit beside him.

 

"No she doesn’t! She looked short in that!" Wooyoung teases her.

 

Suzy glared at him and kick him at his shin, "Shut up you monkey!"

 

Wooyoung yelped in pain. "You shorty!" Wooyoung stuck out his tongue at her childishly and make an ugly face.

 

Suzy stuck her tongue back at him and make a face at him.

 

"Stop it guys! I'm going to puke seeing both of your ugly face, especially you Wooyoung" Kibum rolled his eyes and went back to his food.

 

"Hahahah take that! Ugly monkey!" Suzy said. She high fived with Kibum.

 

She was glad that she still has her family with her. Her parents still support her even though they were shocked to hear that she broke up with Luhan. Her mother really loves Luhan and always treats him like her own son.

 

Even her father has approved him, and for her brothers, let just say that Luhan has passes their test. It was really hard to approach Suzy and one of it because of her terrifying brothers. They were really protective over her.

 

But when they heard that they broke up, they were really eager on beating up Luhan and gladly she stopped them.

 

She remembered the moment she told them.

 

"How dare her broke my little sister' heart! That's son of a !" Wooyoung once said.

 

"Oppa, don't. It's my fault; he got nothing to do with this." She said tiredly. She was hurt.

 

"You still want to back him up!" Kibum asked.

 

"Yes Oppa, I love him. I still do." she muttered silently.

 

Nichkhun was not there because he was still studying at that time in US. But if he was there at the moment, he would react the same, or even worse.

 

Suzy then cried silently. Wooyoung and Kibum looked at her.

 

They were hurt seeing her little sister crying but they know that the person that hurt the most is her.

 

Her heart shattered.

 

Broken.

 

And it was hard to recover back. Even one year is not enough to heal her heart.

 

"Yollow! Earth to Suzy! Earth to Suzy! Yah! Suzy! Stop talking with aliens again!" Woooung said teasingly. He knew that she would always space out even when during eating. He doesn't want her to think a lot, so he would teasingly said that when she spaces out.

 

Suzy finally snap out from her thoughts and let down the utensils. "I'm done; I'm going to go now." She said softly and went to take her bag.

 

The others just watch her. They were sad seeing her miserable. They really hate it when she would distant herself sometimes. But there's nothing the can do about it.

 

"Suzy-ah, you want me to send you? Or do you want to drive?" Nichkhun asked her.

 

Suzy shook her head, "No, I dont feel like driving, I'm just going to take a walk today. You can fetch me later kay!" She said.

 

"Okay! Bye! Be careful" Nichkhun reminded her.

 

This is one of the simple things that she loves to do. Take a walk. It gives her calmness. She loves simplicity and just be herself. Suzy dropped by at her favorite cafe.

 

Correction, her and Luhan's favorite cafe.

 

She would always drop by the cafe and enjoyed her favorite drinks. When she was in front of the cafe, she could not help it.

 

She tried hard to forget it, but the memories come flooded in her minds. This is where, she first saw him.

 

This is where their first encounter happens.

 

 

:: Flashback ::

 

Suzy was beyond pissed. She was storming her way out on the street with a deep frown on her face.

 

“Damn damn damn damn damn damn!” She cursed while walking at the street.

 

She was bumping all the people that get in her way and she just doesn’t care at all. The only thing that she knows that she was utterly pissed at her stupid brother, Wooyoung.

 

 Just because she ACCIDENTALLY broke her brother’s latest Xbox, doesn’t mean that she is doing it on purpose! She never gets scolded by her brother before and because of that stupid little thing, she gets scolded. That angered her more.

 

She needs to ease herself. Suzy decided to go to her favorite café, in the middle of the city.

 

|Caffe Bene|

 

“Oucch!” Suzy wasn’t looking ahead thus causing her to bump into a person. She was not ready for the impact and she fell down on her .

 

“Hey! Watch it!” The person said.

 

Suzy gritted her teeth and look up at that person. Turn out the person is a guy that looked really young. He was lean and skinny for a guy and it makes her wonder how can he be so strong to make her fall down. The person was checking his camera to see whether his camera still works or not.

 

His actions irritate Suzy more clearly because he is not a gentleman at all. Not offering a helping hand or saying sorry or anything. She scoffed while dusted off her skirt while standing up.

 

“YAAAH!!” she yelled at him irritatingly.

 

The person finally looked up and turned to look at her. He looked at her with his big and round doe eyes. Suzy is not going to lie that she found that this guy is quite... cute. Judging from his face, he must be younger than her. Tch, stupid kid.

 

She rolled her eyes. “You! Don’t you know some manner? Huh?” she pointed her finger right in front of his eyes, like want to poke it out from its socket.

 

“I’m sorry, what?” The person was confused and he looked like he wasn’t the one in the fault.

 

“One, it’s you who bumped into me! I can see CLEARLY that you are not looking on the road, missy! Two, you just broke my camera, and three, don’t you know it’s rude to point finger like that to people.” He said.

 

By listening from his accent, he does not look like he from Korea. Suzy looked at him irritatingly,

 

 

“What? Now I’m at my fault? Fine! Everything is my fault! You guys just treasured your things more! Obsessed with that stupid object! Now you want to scold me! Like my bother did! I’m sorry! Happy!” she burst out loudly and suddenly the people around them were looking at them weirdly.

 

Suzy just doesn’t care. Why everything is not right today? First, she got scolded by her brother and then this stranger bumped into her. Today just not her great day okay!

 

The guy looked around and bowed an apology to the people around them.

 

“Hey, okay look! I’m sorry! But it is true that it is your fault. And stop talking loudly, its attracting people you know.” He said nicely.

 

Suzy crossed her arms; she turned to see there are still people watching them, “What are you looking at? Did I owe you parents a million? Scram!” She shooed them.

 

He just stared at her amusedly. With a sweet face like her, you can never predict her personality, she can be mean.

 

“And you! I really hope I don’t see you anymore!” She stuck her tongue childishly.

 

“tch, you are so immature, kid” He smirked.

 

“Who are you calling kid, KID?” she strikes back.

 

“What? Me? A kid? I think you get the wrong---”

 

“LALALA! Can’t hear you” Suzy closed her ear and make a face.

 

“You’re really childish! Fine! You win! I’m out” he said and turned to leave her.

 

“Hey you! You forgot something!” Suzy called and run to him.

 

“What?”

 

“THIS!” she stepped on his foot. Real hard!

 

“YAH!” he shouted but Suzy just stuck her tongue and make a weird face.

 

“Feel that! That for calling me kid and childish” She turned dramatically that makes her hair hit his face.

 

He just gritted his teeth. ‘You’re just dealing with a kid! Let her!’ he tried to calm himself. As soon as Suzy entered the café, he could only shook his head and went to separate ways.

 

:: End of flashback::

 

 

Suzy wiped her tears that are glistening in her eyes. She smiled and makes a fighting sign for herself. She entered the café and went to the counter.

 

 |Caffe Bene| 

 

 

She was about to open to order but they were other voice that oh-so-familiar in her ears cut her off,

“Two caramel macchiato please”.

Suzy recognized well the voice and she turned around just to confirm it. Yes, it was him, the person the she misses a lot.

The person that she loves so much.

Luhan.