Set things right

She IS your girlfriend, I WAS your girlfriend. [Hiatus]

P/S MAMA EDITED THIS CHAPTER AND READ TOWARDS THE END OF THIS CHAPTER. 

The girl felt relieved. She finally can let it off her chest. The talk with him yesterday finally makes her feels at ease. Even though it painful, even though it hurts her, even thought it was hard, she made it, and she was proud of herself.

Who would know that letting someone you love go, just to see they happy is somewhat full of refreshment.

The relief, the easefulness, the contentment, she can feel it now. Jieun wasn’t planning on staying in South Korea for long even if this is her home. She has her own future to achieve now and she would make for it.

Even if she loves staying here but she can’t because there were a lot of things that need to be done and she can’t waste her time anymore.

***


Yoona was looking for Luhan and she finally saw him leaning against a tree near the park. “Hey Lu.” She greeted him and the said boy finally opens his eyes only to see Yoona standing right in front of him with a confused look on her face.

“Hey Yoon.” He replied dismissively and closed his eyes back and listening to his iPod back. Yoona sighed and settled herself beside him.

“What are you doing?” The tone of her voice clearly shows that she was annoyed at Luhan.

“What? Can’t you see, I’m listening to my music peacefully until there was this someone come and interrupt me?”

“I don’t mean that you .” She retorts back, pulling the earphones from him in progress. “Hey!” Luhan pulled back his earphone but Yoona prevent him from doing so.

“Look. You do know that you are being helpless and lost lover boy right now. You looked pathetic.”

Luhan knew where this conversation would be going. Yoona had talked to him so many times already. Now he regretted his decision on telling Yoona what had just happen recently. “Yoona, can we just leave this topic? I’m tired of this already.”

“No. I’m not tired of it and I will keep bothering you until you finally talk to her and work things out back together.” Yes. Yoona knew about Jieun just broke up with Luhan and she was more than happy to know about that. She was glad and thankful to Jieun even though she didn’t said in front of her directly. When she heard about it, she just hope, that someday, eventually she was able to see her twin be happy again. She wants the old Luhan.

“She was with Soohyun now, Yoona. How many times should I say it to you?” Luhan was getting tired of this, really. True, he become single again, he broke up with Jieun. However, that doesn’t mean that he can be back together with Suzy. He doesn’t have the enough courage to do so. True he loves her. But there is nothing he can do. She already in someone else’s arm.

“I know that Luhan. But, both of you were not really happy. You know when you guys are happy? When both of you together. Come on! You guys have been like what? 3 or 4 years? It’s not possible to forget that easily okay.”

“Easy for you to say, Yoong. It wasn’t that easy. I love her... but... I... I don’t know. It just can’t.”

“Luhan, even if I know nothing about love and relationships, people tends to be a fool when they were in love. You are being one of them.”

“This” Yoona pointed at his chest. “Try listen to this and not this.” She pointed her own head. “Sometimes, the way we think would manipulate the way feel. Where is the reckless Luhan that would do everything he wants and speak his minds? I want him back. I don’t want this sappy-emo-quiet Luhan. It’s killing me.” Yoona’s word makes Luhan realises that whenever he was hurting himself, Yoona would be hurt too.

Yoona is his twin. He would do anything for keeping her safe and not hurt. “I don’t know, Yoong. I can’t approach her... it’s awkward.” Yoona smiled hearing this from him.

At least he would consider talking with Suzy again and not avoiding her. “Good. At least you still have some balls to talk to her.” Luhan rolled his eyes. “Things are not always go with the way we want it. Take it slow,” Yoona patted his shoulder softly and stand up.

“I better get going, I have class after this and you do too. Let’s go.” She offered her hand, which Luhan gladly accept it. “Ugggh! You’re heavy.” She grumbled while struggling to pull him up.

“I’m not heavy. You’re just skinny.”

 

***

 

“Alright class, before we dismiss, I want to remind you that this weekend is the College Night. I hope all of you already finish preparing for the night’s performances and I hope the best from your department. That’s all, dismiss.” Soon after the class was dismissed, there were many noises, grumbling, whispering.

They were all hyped up for the College Night because during that night, students were able to showcase their talents and even if they are not from the art department, they can also perform.

“Lay, you dance that night?” One of the girls in the class asked him. “Of course,” Lay smiled, showing his deep dimple. “So Luhan, do you any performance to do that night?” Kris asked, watching Luhan packing his things in his back.

“Nope.” He answered shortly before standing up to leave the class. “Why? I thought you were gonna sing?” Lay asked as they were all catching up to Luhan.

“I'm not interested.” Luhan walked to the door. “Hey, wait up. Why are you rushing? Do you want to go somewhere?” Kris asked.

“Jieun is waiting for me,” His answer left them stunned and they just stand there not even trying to hold him back anymore. They just watched as Luhan slipped in between people until he is nowhere to be found.

“That Jieun is really a nuisance since she got back here. Because of her, Luhan rarely spends time with us.” Xiumin puffed his puffy cheek. They were all dissatisfied and not happy – especially Sehun – when they know about Jieun getting back here.

They almost forgot about her existence and now she appeared again. “Give the guy a break. It’s his girlfriend anyway.” Kris said, even though he agreed with what Xiumin said.

However, Luhan purposely left out the info that he and Jieun wasn’t an item anymore. Therefore, the rest of the boys still think that Jieun is still Luhan’s girlfriend. Luhan didn’t want to tell them that they have broken up from the day she back here because he simply didn’t want the members to pester him around just what Yoona did to him. He didn’t need it anyway.

The boys headed out from the class and walked to the cafe. What they didn’t notice that Suzy was there all along. Suzy heard them and and she would already feels her heart breaking, like it has been crumpled and thrown away.

She knows that she shouldn't have this kind of feeling with her anymore but there is no way she can stop it.

It hurts.

How she wished she didn't hear any of it earlier. She pretended that nothing happen and walked away. *At least I know he is happy*

 

***

 

"Hey Suzy, you looked spaced out. Are you okay?" Jia waved her hands in front of Suzy. Suzy finally snapped out from her reverie, finally realizing the other 4 pairs of eyes staring at her. "Eh... I'm...I'm fine." She stuttered and pretended to indulge herself at the food in front of her.

Min looked at Jia and they both shrugged. Yoona could only watch Suzy from there. They are being complicated where the thing are actually simple.

“So...” Yoona started. “Do you guys involved in this upcoming College Night?”

“I did.” Min and Fei answered in unison. “Me too.” Jia added. “I think all of us entered, including Suzy.” They all turned to the said girl and she was caught on staring into spaces again. “Hmm. Nehh..." Suzy answered.

"Okay, spill it. There is something wrong with you today. What is it?" Jia crossed her arms. "I told you already, nothing."

"Really?" Min raised her eyebrows.

"Really." Suzy beamed softly, assuring her worried friends.

"Hey girls." Soohyun appeared out of nowhere and sat beside Suzy. "Hi sweetheart." he whispered and kissed her temple. "Hey," Suzy answered weakly. "What's wrong?" Soohyun tucked her hair behind her ear, noticing the mood change in her.

"We've been asking her the same question but she still didn't want to tell her what's wrong with her." Fei said. Soohyun turned back to Suzy and landed his palm on her forehead, "Are you sick?" Suzy shook her head, "Don't worry, I'm fine." 

Just then there was a junior boy running towards their table. "Suzy sunbae, somebody asked me to give this to you." The boy gave her a piece of paper while his other hand was awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

"Thanks." Suzy smiled sweetly, making the boy blush and they can clearly seen it in his face. How cute.

Of course, who wouldn't captivated by Suzy's beaty especially when she smiles. The boy clearly having crush on her or something. "Anything for you, sunbae." He said and walked away. Suzy smiled back at him and turned to Soohyun.

He didn't look pleased. "Don't smile like that to other guy. They might think you're flirting with them." He said grumpily before walking away just like that, leaving the girls and Suzy confused.

"What is wrong with him?" Min asked, annoyed by his sudden change. "Jealous?" Yoona raised her eyebrow and shrugged. It wasn't their problem anyway.

However, Suzy was taken aback by his attitude. She never sees he was this mad and just because she smiled to that boy? Suzy was too tired to think about it and let him cool down first.

Suzy opened the piece of paper that she just got and read it. 

'Meet me at cafe at 3pm.

-Lee Jieun'

Suzy was confused. She can't believe it, is this from Jieun. What does she wants from her?

 

***

 

Suzy was deciding whether she should really go or not. But it won’t hurt her right? She walked to the said place around 3 o’clock and she already saw where Jieun was before she entered the café through the transparent glass. The bell from the door rang when Suzy entered the café causing Jieun to turned her attention to the door. She waves at her and Suzy smiled back.

In the inside, Suzy was glad that she was meeting Jieun alone. “Hey.” Jieun greeted her warmly and hugged Suzy as soon she neared the table. Suzy gladly returned the hug back. They weren’t really close, but they always met each other since Jieun is close with Luhan. However, since Jieun and Luhan dated, Suzy keeping a distance from Jieun and they wasn’t always talk anymore. That is why Suzy was confused why out of all sudden Jieun wanted to meet her.

“Come, have a sit.” Jieun motioned the sit in front of her and Suzy pulled the chair. “Thanks.”

“Here, I already ordered you Caramel Macchiato since I know you like this.” Jieun pushed the cup near Suzy. The confused look on Suzy makes Jieun chuckled before answering her, “Luhan told me.” Suzy could only mutter an ‘o’ and sipped her drink.

“So… how have you been doing?” Jieun asked. “I’m fine. Just the way you see me,” Suzy smiled. One of the reasons why Jieun was always jealous of Suzy. She always smile despite having a hard time for herself. Suzy never let it show and Jieun know how Suzy changes this past years.

“Glad to hear that. I heard you were dating Soohyun? Is that true?” Suzy nodded her head. Jieun couldn’t believe the news when she first heard about it. Hearing this from Suzy, she needs to believe it.

“How are you, Jieun?” Suzy asked her.

“I’m good. Never better.” She replied.

There was silence after that. Jieun gathered herself and decided to tell this to Suzy. Now or never. “You know. There is one reason why I want to meet you here.” Suzy just stayed silence, listening to her. “First, I want to tell you I’m sorry.” Jieun bowed her heads, making Suzy furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

“What for? You never did anything wrong to me.”

“That is why I’m sorry. You were too nice to even notice the things that I did to you and I regret it. I’m really sorry.”

“I don’t understand,”

“I’m sorry for taking away Luhan from you.”

“No, Jieun. Our broke up has nothing to do with you. It’s because…we just… can’t be together… that it! It’s not because of you, trust me.” Suzy could feel that her hands were trembling. It was the painful memory that hit her again, tearing her apart slowly.

“No! Suzy, you’re wrong! It was me all this time! I purposely get in between both of you so that I can get Luhan all by myself. I was selfish back then. I never think about how you feel, or Luhan feel. I took you guys’ happiness for my own happiness. I just want Luhan and when I got Luhan I was satisfied for myself.

“Wh- what?” Suzy couldn’t believe what she just heard from Jieun.

“At first I thought yes, finally I can beat you. I always hated you before this for getting Luhan and that is why I’m planning to take away Luhan from you. I was jealous of you Suzy!” Jieun raised her voice a bit. Some customers glancing at them to see something is wrong but no one really pay attention. “Jieun…I –”

“Wait Suzy, just listen to me.” Jieun’s voice was already shaky. “But then, when I get Luhan, I thought, I get to own him, but no. I will never and never be the owner of his heart. When I dated him, he was there but at the same time, he wasn’t really there. He was nice, but he never treats me or look at me like the way he did to you. He loves you, Suzy. He always will.”

Suzy couldn’t know what to do. Is Jieun telling her the truths?

“What amuses me sometimes is that he never forgets every little thing about you. He would accidentally mention you in front of me. Of course, I was mad at him at that time when he mention some other girl especially you. I was blinded by the jealousy that time. We even fought because of that. I’m sorry Suzy. I really do.”

“Jieun… it’s okay. All of that has passed already. Me and him… there is nothing about ‘us’ anymore. What’s in the pass stay in there and what’s happening now is important. I don’t mind, actually. I want both of you to be happy. I never mad at you Jieun. I’m happy to know that there is other person that would make Luhan happy.”

Jieun shook her head. “The thing is… I won’t be the person that would make Luhan happy anymore.” Suzy was confused. “Why?”

“We broke up. You know, I’ve been thinking, and I realized how selfish and immature I was before. Now I realized we can’t always get thing the way we want it. It would never be that way. Even I have Luhan, I was not his and he’s not mine to begin with. I finally realize and that is why I’ve made decision to let him go. All I want you to know that, Luhan is still in love with you. You should believe me on that.” Jieun assured the helpless girl in front of her.

Suzy was clenching on her fist tightly. She was really near to break down. She felt so weak, helpless, and feeble. “I know it’s hard for you, but believe me. And one more thing… I want to ask you, do you still love him?” Jieun asked the same question she asked Luhan.

Suzy seemed surprised by the question as she never exposed or even ask herself that kind of question. Does she still love him? “If you think that is hard to answer my question, think back the reason you come that night.” Once again, Suzy was confused by her words. “That night?”

“Yes. That night, the night were you seen me with Luhan by the hill. I know you were there. I purposely hugged him that night, knowing that you were there and I want to make you jealous of me. What I really don’t know is that night would be your last day together because Luhan told me you guys broke up after that night. I’m really sorry.”

“So you knew I was there all the time?” Jieun bit her lips and hesitantly nod her head. “But Luhan didn’t know you were there. He had no idea about it. So stop blaming him or think that he was cheating on you because he didn’t.” Suzy could feel her eyes were glistening with tears.

“Wait. I just can’t…it’s too much for me right now.”

“It’s okay. I understand. Just take your time and rethink what I just told you. And you should question yourself, do you still love him. I know you still do and I want you guys to be back together. Really. You guys are the happiest couple I’ve ever meet and I want you guys to be happy together again.”

“I can’t.” Suzy said firmly.

“Why?”

“I already have someone that cares a lot for me and that person is Soohyun.”

“Do you love him?” Suzy didn’t answer her.

“Suzy, don’t force yourself thinking about other people’s feeling. Sometimes we need to be selfish. Think about yourself. Think about Luhan. Both of you were hurting. Please, just try to listen what you heart really wants.” Jieun said softly. Suzy keeps running her fingers across her cups.

“Suzy I will be back to New York to further my studies. And I don’t know when I might come back. Take this as my last wish for you. Please be happy with Luhan. Can you do that?”

“I—I don’t know if I can do it.”

“Yes, you can do it. Please.” Jieun pleaded and this makes Suzy even guiltier.

She was stuck in between.


Mama decided to add to the same chapter instead of adding it into the new chapter. Like it so far?

Please appreciate and enjoy this because mama worked hard on every chapter that mama wrote.

XOXO mama loves my dearies~~!