One Year Later

She IS your girlfriend, I WAS your girlfriend. [Hiatus]

 


Suzy’s POV

Our eyes met each other and I can’t even take my eyes off from staring at him. Those dark brown orbs that used to look at me and only me.

Now it’s not for me anymore, its for Jieun.

We were very close and I could smell his manly scent that I love the most.

He still uses it. The cologne that I bought for his birthday.

Luhan, why don’t you change it? You’re making me feel like we’re still together.

I hate it. I hate the fact that we’re not together anymore.

It feels like I’ve been dreaming for a long time. I’ve wandered and wandered around for a while. As if we made a promise. Standing here in front of each other like the day from four seasons ago.

 Those beautiful stories that we wrote down together. 

Those eternal promises that we prayed for at that time. 

They're all coming back to me now and I don't think my heart can take it. I've even restrained myself at the thought of you.

How has your one year been?

“Hi” That all I can say. We have never talk for a long time. What should I say then?

‘Hey, I miss you and I want you back?’ That would be just crazy.

“Hi.” He simply replied and smiled.

That smile that never fail to make me feel contented. Luhan, you are making this hard for me, to forget you.

For a long time, I've been living, having forgotten of you. For a while, I thought I was doing fine. However I started to realize it as time passed by. That I am nothing without you. At that time, if only we had been a bit more mature.

If only we knew how we would be right now.

I have no confidence in overcoming these endless regrets. So I've had to just repress them.

One year has passed like that.

“Two caramel macchiato!” the waiter called and put the drinks on the counter.

I took out my purse in my bag to pay but he was faster. He paid our drinks and took both of our drinks and give way for the person behind us.

“Here” he said, handing the cup when we finally out from the café.

“Thank you, and here is your money.” I handed him the money that I should pay.

“Keep it” he smiled again. More like he forced to. I’ve known him for more than 3 years and I could tell from his expressions.

“No, I insist, take it. You know I don’t like people paying for me” I motioned my hand closer.

I know I was being cold to him but I’m really sorry, Luhan. I don’t want to disturb you. I don’t want to be in between you and Jieun. I shouldn’t have any things that got to do with you anymore. I should distance myself so that I wouldn’t hurt.

I’m happy when you’re happy.

I heard he sighed but he take it anyway the money. As our hands touched a bit, I could not help but blushed at the sudden contact. His touch would always give me butterflies. He smiled. I know he was hurt. Me too. It’s for the best of us.

“See you, then” he bowed a little and walked to his car.

I was still standing there, watching his back. I asked myself, can we back together again?

Would you give me another chance?

To correct my mistakes?

To tend your broken heart?

Without I realized, the tears were already pooling in my eyes. Tears has becomes my friend since we broke up. I sighed and walked the way to the college.


Luhan’s POV

I looked into her eyes. I miss her.

So much and I think I’m suffocating without her. Seeing her in front of me right now, it feels like the old days.

“Hi” she simply said. I was little hurt that she was treating me like a stranger right know.

“Hi” I gave her smile, the smile that I think I would only give her. She seemed lost in her thought and I was too.

My thought was broke when I heard the waiter called.

“Two caramel macchiato” I paid our drinks before she could. We then walked out from the café. I handed her drinks.

“Here”

“Thank you, and here is your money.” She handed me her money.

Truth to be told, I was hurt. It seems like she doesn’t want to take my money anymore. Am I that bad?

“Keep it” I forced to smile. Seriously, I never thought she hates me that much.

No, I insist, take it. You know I don’t like people paying for me. ” People? Am I just a people to you Suzy? Am I just stranger to you? Am I not important in your life anymore? Why are being like this?

Could your feelings perhaps be the same as mine? Will you give me another chance?

I know now that we can never part from each other.

The one person I love and love again.

I sighed and take the money. I could see she was blushing when our hands touched. I'm glad that she was still blushing even though we broke up already. I know she was being stubborn and once she doesn’t want that, nothing can try and change her thought. I knew her too well.

“See you, then” I bowed and left to my car. I never dare to look back.

I don’t want to see her back walking away from me. It’s just too much. She seems moving on and I still her pathetically waiting for another chance with her.

But I know that wouldn’t happen. I started the engine and drove to the college.

But I really I wish, we could back together.

I wish we can go back to our first days. To the beautiful, happy and loving days. Those heart-breaking stories and vain arguments.

Just bury all of that now.

And promise that we won't take them out again.

No matter how many seasons pass and how many years go by.

I hope that we won't meet like today again.

 


*one year later lyrics translations*