The person I miss

She IS your girlfriend, I WAS your girlfriend. [Hiatus]

“How was your first day so far?” Nichkhun asked as he drove the car. As he promised, he fetched Suzy from her college.

“Naaah everything’s fine” she answered nonchalantly.

“Everything’s fine? That’s it?” Nichkhun raised an eyebrow.

Suzy knows what he was implying to. “Yeah, I’m good.”

“Suzy-ah, are you really okay? You meet him again this year. You can’t hide from the truth, you know.”

“I know” Suzy whispered.

Nichkhun sighed. There’s no way he would bring his cheerful sister back. It’s saddening seeing her sad and rarely talk, smile or laugh. If there’s a way she can return to her old self, it just when she was with that son of a . He hated Luhan just because he made his baby sister sad. But Nichkhun could not say anything, he know Luhan was sad too. Both of them are making things complicated.

“Victoria is coming by this evening. Don’t lock yourself in your room again.” Nichkhun reminded her when they arrived at the garage.

“Neh” she replied shortly and immediately goes to upstairs to her room.

If nothing occurs, that was the only thing she always do. Locking herself in her room.

 


 

Suzy’s POV

I quickly went to my room in order to hide my tears that were dwelling up in my eyes. I just can’t help it, but the mention of him makes me want to cry again and again.

For what?

Maybe for making the stupid mistake ever. I was hurting myself even more. But thinking on the bright side, that morning was the first time they had a comfortable conversation. It was nice.

I miss seeing his lovely smile, I miss hearing his laugh.

I went to my drawer at my study table to search for the thing that I've been trying to keep for myself. It's our photo album. It's where our memories lie.

This is the thing that would only bring me down the memory lane. I hugged the album and went to my bed. I put it on my lap and stare at it.

It was heartbreaking but at the same time happy when I saw this. I remembered our promises to always keep our memories together and now it was eating me up. Because of the memories, I'm hurt. Because of the memories, I don't want to let him go.

I caressed the cover where our name written on it. I was such pathetic. But I can't help it.

I can't help it to look back where we are once upon a time.

I opened the album, and behind the cover, lies his neat handwriting,

 

'A memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, things you are and things that you never want to lose'.

 

I looked at the first page and it was the picture of me. The picture he secretly takes when he first day in Korea, saying that I was the one of the beauty that he found in Korea. Luhan, always have been a good flatterer.

I lied on my bed and continue seeing all the pictures. There was one of these pictures where we both take it when we graduate high school. He what his arms around me and we were standing close each other.

One picture we were smiling happily without the cares of the world and one picture we were making a goofy face.

Then there was picture we take a whole group of EXO, Min, Jia, Fei, and Yoona. Luhan purposely hugged me from behind because he didn't want the guys close to her. Sehun with his pouty face.

I never realize that we took a lot of picture together. I smiled as I saw the pictures of us kissing. There was many of it actually. We kissed on the lips, I kissed him on the cheek. There was a few picture of us that was secretly taken by Sehun when we went for a trip together.

He took it without us realizing it. It was such a sweet memories. I didn't realize that I was crying until I feel my tears fall on the back of my hand. I miss him.

One year is still not enough for me to forget about him.

Heck, even if it takes forever, I will never forget about him. He would still have his place in my heart. He was the person I miss.

Just by seeing you can make me cry, it just shows how much I love you, how much I miss you like crazy. 

The more I love you, the more lingering attachment remains.

 I tell myself that it’s really over, that I really need to forget you. I try to erase you but it’s not that easy. People said our love just a high school love, but for me, you are my life.

I was sobbing silently and I didn't even realize when I fall asleep.

 


 

No one's POV

*knock knock*

"Suzy-ah wake up! Come and eat diner!" Wooyoung knocked on the door. It took a while for her to open the door. Suzy just woke up from her sleep and opened the door with her red eyes and messy hair.

"Waaahhh! Who are you? And where is my sister?" Wooyoung pretended to shocked seeing her sister state.

"I'm your worst nightmare wahahaha"

Suzy laughed evilly, playing along with her brother. "Oh my god grandmother!" Wooyoung squealed and ran away.

Suzy went to take a shower and she went down right after she finished dressed up. She saw Victoria unnie, her soon to be sister-in-law in the kitchen, helping her mother to prepare the food for dinner.

"Unnie!" Suzy greeted her.

“Oh Suzy-ah! I miss you!” They hugged and jumping like long lost sister.

Suzy was close to Victoria and she treated her like her own sister and just because she doesn’t have any sister. “I miss you too unnie! It’s been a long time since you come over.” They broke the hug.

“I don’t want to ruin your moment but let’s go eat.” Nichkhun come to kitchen.

“Nehh!” they both replied like a kid.

After the dinner together, all the boys were lounging in the living room watching Dora the Explorer. Pointing where is the turtle hiding in the bush. Tch… never thought they like that adventure girl.

Meanwhile, Suzy and Victoria are in the backyard, sitting on the wooden swing. They were having a sweet girl talk.

“Unnie, have you ever tried to forget someone you love?” Suzy asked when they were gazing at the stars that look like a myriads of fireflies.

“Wae? Do you?” Victoria asked her back.

“Unnie, just answer me first”

“Well, before I met your brother, I was with this person. He is a guy of course” Victoria joked. “And he was my first love. Well, we dated when I was in high school and then we broke up because he was tired of me.” She continued.

“But I couldn’t accept the fact, because I was so in love with him, I don’t think he feel the same way at me anymore.” Victoria smiled remembering the memories. “But I want to be a strong woman. I don’t want him if he doesn’t want me anymore. It just looks like I’m so desperate. It was hard at first, to forget about him. He was my everything. The memories of me and him are eating me as I keep remembering it.” Victoria looked at Suzy.

“Until now?”

“Nope, I’m totally over him. Heck, I don’t remember his face was anymore.”  Victoria shrugged.

“How do you it?”

“I don’t know, I was still remembered thing about him until I met your brother. Your brother and I were friends before this but somehow, when I was with Nichkhun, I felt something different. Something that I never felt when I with my first love. Slowly by slowly, I start to forget about him and only your brother occupies my mind. He always let me distracted. That was the moment that I feel everything was in the right place. You know, the feeling of happy when you’re with someone. And that only one particular person. And slowly by slowly, all I remember about him was the only when he left me. But I don’t feel pain anymore, because I met my Mr. Right. And it was all because I don’t have feeling at my first love anymore” Victoria said smiling.

From her eyes, Suzy knows that she is happy with her brother. Suzy admired her. Victoria was a strong woman, and Suzy wants to be strong like her.

She felt relieved a bit when talked to Victoria. She always looks things at the positive side. Maybe she needs to move on. Maybe Luhan is not for her.

Maybe they are not fated with each other. But she was afraid. She was afraid to erase him from her memory. She still loves him.

“Unnie, what if we tried to forget the person but we still have feelings for them?” Suzy hesitated.

“Feelings don't die. We all keep them alive by feeding them memories. That's the exact reason why it is so hard to move on from a loved one. That’s why it is hard to forget them.” She replied. Victoria’s word was simple but it carries a big meaning.

Suzy looked up at the stars. The moonlight shone on the surface of the earth.

“But remember this, if you still in love with him, try to confront him. I’m not saying that he is not the one for you, but just clears all the misunderstandings between both of you. Be true to your heart. Listen to it once in a while, doesn’t let the ego and pride in you overshadowed it. I know he was the one for you.” Victoria caressed Suzy’s cheek.

She knows well about Suzy’s relationship with Luhan. It’s because Nichkhun always said that he is worried about Suzy. Because Nichkhun doesn’t like when his baby sister sad.

“How do you know he was the one for me?”

“I just knew it. You know, true love never dies, even if you have found a new love, the sweet memory of the past will continue to hunt you for the rest of your life. I know how you were happy when you were with him. I can see it in your eyes.”

“I just don’t know what to do unnie, I just don’t…” Suzy looked down and slowly, she cried. Victoria hug her.

“Don’t worry, I know you are strong girl. You are Bae Sue Ji. The greatest girl I ever know.” Victoria patted her on the back. They broke the hug. Victoria wiped her wet cheek and gave an encouraging smile.

“Awwww… can I join this moment?” Kibum come with his hands clasping in front of his face.

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you guys were watching TV?” Victoria asked.

Kibum nodded, “Yes yes yes! Dora finishes her adventures! It was so great!”

“Stop becoming like Dora!” Suzy playfully slapped his arm.

 


 

Okay, I update again! Hope you enjoy it!