Give it a try? Or not?

She IS your girlfriend, I WAS your girlfriend. [Hiatus]

“Where have you been Suzy-ah? We were worried for you.” Wooyoung said as soon as he saw her entered their house.

“Oppa, I’m tired, I’m going to sleep first” Suzy put her shoes in the rack and wore the slipper. She waved at her brother and walked towards the stairs to her room.

Wooyoung heard the door closes with a click. He sighed. “I can’t get it. Why our little sister is changing so much. She becomes quieter. I want my sister back.”

Nichkhun put his hands on Wooyoung’s shoulder. “Don’t worry. Sooner or later she will be back. She needs some time to herself.”

“For one year? It has been one year. And what if it takes many years?” Kibum plopped himself on the sofa.

“Hey guys.” Nichkhun called. Wooyoung and Kibum turned to the older guy.

“Maybe we should try to open up a little.”

“You mean?” Kibum raised his eyebrow. Nichkhun sighed. “I mean, we shouldn’t be so overprotective over Suzy. Tell me, how many times that we blocked the guys who tried to date our sister?”

Wooyoung shrugged. “I don’t know, I can’t count.”

“That’s the point. Those boys are afraid to date our sister because of us. We scared them away.”

“Well it’s not our fault that they are such a puss” Kibum rolled his eyes.

“And the only guy that can stand us only that Luhan guy. He had some guts to steal our sister from us,” Wooyoung smirked.

“Yeah that reckless brat, I remember one time that he stole Suzy from me when we were shopping at the mall. He even left a crappy note! That dude!” Kibum continued.

“Yeah, so the point is, I think let this time Suzy choose her own life. She is not that little anymore, when she want to be with someone, let her.” Nichkhun patted both his brother’s shoulder. Nichkhun was the oldest and because of that, he is more mature than his two brothers. He should know what the best for them.

 


 

Suzy’s POV

I plopped myself on my bed. Today was nothing special but it’s tiring me. I keep avoiding him. But the memory of us earlier, keeps playing in my head. I could still feel the warmth of his breath, the secure feelings in his arms.

All of it.

My thought suddenly was interrupted by the ringing of my phone, indicating there was a new message. I turned to the side table beside the bed where I charged my phone there. I picked up the phone. There was a few message and missed calls. All was from Soohyun.

He must be worried because of me. I was feeling guilty with all the attention I get from Soohyun. He was being nice to me all the time and obviously I know he liked me. He even confesses to me just after a few weeks I broke up with Luhan.

At that time, I said I wasn’t ready.

But am I ready this time? I’m not sure yet.

He treated me well while I’m still foolishly thinking about my past. I keep feeding my minds with the old memories and making it hard to forget about Luhan. I think I should be opened up to Soohyun. Maybe give him some chance. I don’t know.

I opened the message and it was all about him worrying about me. In his last message, he told me to call him back. So I decided to call him back. He picked the phone after the third rings.

“Yobeoseyo?” He asked on the side.

“Hey, sorry for not answering your phone. My battery’s dead.” I said.

“Oh, okay. It’s fine. I was about to ask you to eat with me after class but since you didn’t pick up, I guess maybe later.”

“I’m sorry”

“Its okay. It’s not your fault.” He said convincingly.

“Okay how about later? Just tell me when. Take it as my apology.” I tried to make up to him. As a friend.

“Okay! Take care!”

“You too.” I said and hang up. I let myself fall again onto the mattress. What should I do?

 


No one’s POV

 

It was Kai’s birthday this week and Kai already sending invitations to his birthday party. And of course he couldn’t stop reminding the guys and the girls about his birthday party.

“Lay hyung! Remember in your head that my birthday is THIS WEEK! Don’t forget it!” Kai keep tugging Lay’s arms.

“Yes! Yes! I will! Now stop bothering me! I want to eat!”

Kai grinned and turned to Chanyeol. “Dobbyyeol hyung!”

“Don’t call me that name!” Chanyeol cut him.

“Hehehe please don’t forget about it! Kyungsoo hyung~~” Kai turned to D.O

“I know, I will come early!” He said boringly and eats his food.

“Kris hyung~~” Kris glared at him. “Never mind” the other shook his head. The only person that can make the noisy Kai to be quiet is Kris. He would always have that power. Kai turned to bother his hyung again.

“Luhan hyung~~!!!” he called loudly causing the older guy turned at him annoyingly.

“What is it Kim Jongin?!”

“Please please please please please come to my birthday party! You didn’t come last year and I don’t want it to happen again this year! Please come hyung!!!!” Kai keep tugging his sleeves and pouted childishly.

“Alright alright! I will come okay!”

Really?”

“Yes”

“Really?”

“Yes! And be quiet before I take back what I said.” Kai pretended to lock the side of his lips and throw the imaginary key. Luhan just rolled his eyes.

“Bacon hyung~ please come…” And that was how Kai bothering other member to come to his birthday during the lunch.

 

***

 

“Suzy noona!!!!” Kai called her and waved at her. He ran to her and holds her shoulder.

“What is it Kim Jongin?”

“Please please please please come for my birthday party this week!” He pleaded her. “Please?” Kai connect his index finger together and pouted cutely with the puppy eyes.

“I’ll try” Suzy smiled. The truth is , she had no problem in coming to Kai’s birthday party, it’s just that he didn’t want to meet Luhan. Just like last year, she refuse to come to Kai’s birthday party and Kai was sulking at her for almost a week because of that.

“Okay” He said weakly. Kai had a sad look on his face and this making Suzy guiltier. “Bye noona.” He waved sadly and left to her.

Suzy just watched the younger guy walked. She doesn’t want to meet Luhan but she doesn’t want to break the kid’s heart.

“Hey Suzy!” Suzy turned to see who the one that was calling her.

“Oh Soohyun-shi” She smiled.

“Are you busy tonight?”

“Not really, why?”

“I want to ask you out. You know for some dinner. I hope you don’t mind.” Soohyun rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

“hmmm… okay” suzy smiled.

“Is it okay with you?”

“It’s fine. Plus, I owe you that day remember, as my apology.”

“Fine then. I will pick you up tonight.” Soohyun beamed. He was so happy that Suzy would agree on going out with him. He knows that she only looks at him as a friend but he will try his best to win her heart. Not now, but slowly.

***

 

“Where are you going Suzy-ah?” Mrs. Bae asked as she saw her descended the stairs. She wore this white dress that gives her some kind of innocent look

 

She twirled around and posed cutely. “How do I look omma?”

“You always look pretty my daughter.”

“Thanks omma. Anyway I’m having a dinner tonight with Soohyun.” She said, answering her question a while ago.

“Dinner with whom?” Nichkhun come out of nowhere. Suzy jumped at his sudden voice. “Soohyun” She answered.

“Soohyun? As in Kim Soohyun?” Wooyoung said suddenly.

Suzy had no idea where he comes from. “Oppa! Stop popping randomly like that!”

“What? I can do whatever I like!” Wooyoung stuck his tongue out, which in turn Suzy make the weird face at him. They were having a ‘face fight’ when Kibum came into the living room.

“Wooaah! You dress nicely today my dear sister. I feel proud as your brother where are you going.”

“Dinner” Nichkhun said before Suzy could answer him.

“Dinner?” Kibum raised an eyebrow.

“Yes, with Kim Soohyun” Wooyoung continued.

“That Kim Soohyun?” Kibum widened his eyes.

“What’s wrong with you guys?” Suzy looked at their weird reaction when she mentioned Soohyun.

“yeah, I don’t like that guy” Wooyoung blurted and quickly covered his mouth. “Oppa, he is just my friend.” Suzy tried to explain. “Yeah right. One time you become friends, next time you become lover. I don’t want you to be hurt Suzy-ah” Kibum cupped her cheek.

“I know oppa” Suzy pouted.

“Okay okay. Don’t be sad. Nichkhun, Wooyoung and Kibum, stop bothering your sister and let her have her date. Go! Go! Shoo!” Mrs. Bae pushed them away.

“OMMA!” The trio whined.

Just then they heard the door rings. “That’s him! Bye mom! Bye oppas!” Suzy waved.

“Wait.” Nichkhun called when Suzy was about to open the door.

“Just remember that whatever your choice is, we will always support you.” Nichkhun hugged her.

“Huh?” Suzy was confused.

“Nothing! Enjoy yourself tonight!” Nichkhun kissed her forehead.

 

***

“You looked pretty tonight” Soohyun compliment her. He was waiting for her by his car. He opened the door for her. “Thanks” Suzy smiled.

He drove her to the restaurant and led the way for her as soon as they arrived there. “Thank you” Suzy smiled shyly when Soohyun pulled the chair for her. Soohyun sat in front of her and waits for the waiter to bring the menu for them.

The dinner went on and both of them were having a light conversation about random things.

“Wanna go to Hangang?” Soohyun asked while they were walking out from the restaurant.

“Yes. It’s been a long time since I went there.” Suzy replied while getting in the car. “Great! Let’s go.” Soohyun started the engine reversed the car.

During the ride towards the Han River, Suzy’s mind was still wandering around. Her thought filled with thousands of thought that even she can’t describe it. Soohyun keep glancing at her and he would notice the sad look on her face. “Hey are you okay?” He decided to ask her.

Suzy snapped out from her reverie and turned to Soohyun. “Okay”

Soohyun knows that she was not okay but he just shrugged it off for the mean time and continues focusing on the road.

“We’re here” He said, pulling off the seatbelt after he parked the car. Both of them went out from the car and walked by the river.

They could see there were a lot of people, mostly teenagers, hanging out with their friends and family. They were sitting on a mat that lay on the green grass near the river. Suzy followed Soohyun to walk to the river area.

                                

There are a few people were jogging in the night and there were also people who were cycling. Everyone seems to enjoy their night out. The breeze was so refreshing and the view was really breathtaking. They sat near the river, enjoying the view.

(Assume it was night)

Without a word, Soohyun takes off his jacket and wrapped it around Suzy. “You don’t need too. Really.” Suzy tried to return back the jacket but Soohyun prevent her from doing so. “No, I insist. I don’t want you to catch a cold.” Suzy could not protest anymore.

“It’s a pretty night tonight.” Soohyun leaned back and rested his hands on the ground behind him. Normally, it was Soohyun that would initiates the conversation between both of them.

“It is” Suzy replied. She looked up in the sky that was decorated with pretty shining stars. Her minds wandered off to one person that she could remember at the moment. That particular person is the guy that hardly left her mind and still had his place in her heart.

Luhan and no one else.

But knowing that thought about him, she quickly pushed it away. She doesn’t want the memory of her with Luhan keep haunting her.

It’s making it harder for her to move on.

What kind of person she is? How come she was thinking about another person when she was with someone else? She was being mean. All the time. To Soohyun.

That guy gave her his best attention but here is she, thinking about someone else.

Suzy shook her head. “Are you okay? You looked space out. Are you thinking about something?” Soohyun asked concernedly. “Nothing.” She replied shortly.

Soohyun could not help but felt a bit sad because Suzy seems like doesn’t want to share anything to him. She always replied shortly if he asked anything. It hurts him, because he knows Suzy still can’t open up to him. She would always space out and if he asks anything, only ‘nothing’ would come out from her cute lips.

“You can tell me anything you know. I’m your friend.” Soohyun said even though the word ‘friend’ hurt him.

“I’m sorry” She whispered.

“Why”

“You always being so nice to me and I don’t know how to pay you back for this.” “It’s okay” “No. You were always being nice to me, treating me well but I think I keep hurting your feeling.”

“Hey, I never hurt. You never hurt me. In fact, you are he nicest person I know” Soohyun holds her shoulder and smiled warmly at her.

“No. I know you are hurting from the inside. You always smile from the outside and inside, you’re hurting. I’m feeling so guilty.” Suzy bit her lower lips and lowered her heads. She can’t face Soohyun.

“You know what? I’m happy.” He smiled and turned his head forward, looking at the river. “Because you still accept me as your friend. You had the choice to push me away, but you don’t. You still be my friend. Even after I confessed to you. That’s more than enough for me. I don’t want ask for more.” He said calmly.

Suzy looked at him. Soohyun would never do anything to hurt her, he was always there when she just broke up with Luhan. Maybe his sudden confession right after the break up was his wrong move because at that time, Suzy still could not open her heart. But now after one year, could she open it? To a guy names Kim Soohyun?

“I like you Suzy, I still do and I know you can’t accept me in your life yet. I will wait for you. I know it takes some times, but remember, I always here for you. I’m not forcing you to like me back. But I really hope that you can give it a try.” Soohyun turned to her and smiled.

Suzy didn’t know how to reply but one thing she knows, his words really make her reconsider about it.

Maybe.

“Let’s go, I’ll take you home. You must be tired.” Soohyun stood and offered his hand. Suzy took it and Soohyun helped her in getting up. Suzy dusted the dirt on her dress and both walked towards the car. Soohyun halted the car in front of the gate of her house.

“Suzy-ah” He called before she could open the door.

“Neh?” Suzy turned and widened her eyes when she felt warm lips planted on her left cheek. Suzy could feel herself blushing so madly.

“Good night. I hope you can reconsider what I said earlier but don’t think too much okay? I don’t want you to stress up.” He beamed at her.

“Okay. Anyway thanks for today.” Suzy opened the door.

She waved at him when his car was leaving her door house. Suzy opened the gate and walked to her door.

 

I really hope that you can give it a try’

 

His words keep ringing in her head. Should she?

 


 

This is some make up that I want to make for my long absence....

LOVE YOU! <3

xoxo SDK