Kai's birthday

She IS your girlfriend, I WAS your girlfriend. [Hiatus]

“Kim Jongin! Stop stealing those foods! It’s for the guest!” D.O slapped Kai’s hands as the younger guy keep on stealing the food. It was Kai’s birthday and D.O was cooking the food for his party. “But hyung, it was delicious!” Kai said as he steals the food again.

D.O was about to slap the back of his head but Kai already ran out from the kitchen. When he was at the living room, there was Yoona busy decorating the living room.

“Hey baby.” Kai hugged her form behind.

“Go away. I’m busy right now.” Yoona tried to push him but she can’t since he is stronger than her. “Babe, is that how you treat your boyfriend?” Kai . “Since when I become your girlfriend?”

Oh! And don’t think that Yoona and Kai are dating. Believe me, they are not. They just had this some kind weird relationship that they are both comfortable with. Plus, Luhan would never let Yoona date one of his friends.

Just then, they bell rings and they looked at the door. “Someone here already?” Kai asked Yoona which the latter just shrugged.

“Who is that?” D.O peeked from the kitchen to see who was coming.

“I don’t know” Kai shrugged.

“Then go see who that is. The door can’t open by itself!” D.O rolled his big eyes.

Just then the door open by itself causing Yoona, Kai and D.O screamed. “WAHHH!” Kai squealed like a girl and hide behind Yoona.

Suzy appeared behind the door with a confused look on her face. “What’s wrong with you guys?”

“I thought you were ghost!!” Kai said pulling Yoona’s hair and covered his face. “Kai! Stop that!” Yoona pulled her hair back.

“Seriously Kai? If there really a ghost, they won’t appear in daylight” Suzy rolled her eyes. She opened her coat and hung it at the coat rack.

“Ahh! My food!” D.O ran back to the kitchen when he smells something’s burning. Kai just shook his head but then he turned to Suzy, “Noona! You come! But why are you so early noona? The party won’t start until 5 o’ clock.”

Suzy just shrugged and went beside Yoona and helped her hangs the decorations. “I’m just bored. Since I got nothing to do, why don’t I just help my little dongsaeng here?” She ruffled his hair.

“I thought Sehun is your little dongsaeng” Kai mimicked her words.

“Still, you are too.”

“NOONA I DON’T LIKE SHARING YOU WITH SOMEONE ELSE!” Sehun appeared behind there suddenly. They jumped a bit seeing the annoying maknae pouting.

“Yah! Oh Sehun! Don’t you know how to knock first?” Kai shouted at him.

“Yah! Kim Jongin, you are the one who didn’t look the door, so I came in” Sehun stuck his tongue out.

“Yah, Kim Jongin?" Kai immitated him "I’m older than you! You kid!” Kai stuck his tongue back.

“Oh yeah? By only a few months!”

They both at the same age and that’s why they were spoiled. Really badly. But if we compare the two, Sehun would be far worst than Kai. “Guys, stop!” Yoona stand in between them, stopping their stupid slap fight.   

Sehun went behind Suzy and hide. “Noona. Look at that tanned boy. He scares me.” Suzy patted his head. “Aigoo, my poor baby”

Sehun pouted and smirked at Jongin, proud that he gets Suzy’s attention.

“Yoong baby, look at him.” Kai pouted and leaned his head on Yoona’s shoulder. Yoona shook her head.

“Jongin I’m your noona. Stop calling me baby.”

“No. You are my baby” Kai grinned.

Sehun gave him a dirty look but he stopped when he smells a delicious aroma coming from the kitchen. “I smell something nice.” Sehun said and simply walked to the kitchen.

“Oh Sehun! Stop stealing the food!”

“Hyung! please! Buing buing!”

Just a few seconds after he entered the kitchen, they already could make out that D.O was nagging at Sehun who must be stealing the food. No one can resist to not eating Kyungsoo’s food. It was damn delicious.

Suzy just chuckled and continue help to decorate the living room while Kai went into his room to change. “How do I look?” Kai asked as he descended from the stairs. “You looked good, Jonginnie” Suzy puts her two thumbs up and Yoona also do the same.

A few minutes later, the party was about to start and people start coming one by one. Kai was busy being the host and all that. Suzy needs to take her leave now. She went to Kai and tapped his shoulder. “Yes noona?” 

Suzy bit her lower lips. “I need to go now Jongin.”

“Now? Why so early?” The happy face on the boy just a second ago was already replace with a sulky face.

“Something comes out and I need to settle it. I’m so sorry.”

“Really noona?” Kai gave her his sad puppy eye look. 

Suzy sighed, she didn’t want to lie to his dongsaeng but she has her reason for that. Yes, she wanted to avoid Luhan from meeting him again. She doesn’t want to make everyone uncomfortable. It is better if she wasn’t there.

“I’m sorry Jonginnie! If only I can cancel it.”

“You can cancel it?” Kai’s eyes lit up.

“I can’t, sorry. Don’t make that sad face. I’m always here. I’m not going anywhere.” Suzy pinched both of his cheek and ruffled his hair.

“Okay noona! Take care!” Kai hugged her and kissed her cheek.

“Bye Jonginnie! And here is your birthday’s present.” Suzy gave his the box in her bag. Kai gladly takes it and opened it.

“Woah cool! You got me the beanie that I always wanted! Thank you noona!” Kai looked at the blue beanie in his hand and hugged her tightly again.

“Aigoo! Kai! Okay you shouldn’t be here, go entertain your guests there.” Suzy pushed him lightly. “Bye noona!” Kai waved and opened the door for her. When he opened the door, there was someone standing in front of it.

“Hyung! You came!” Kai launched his body forward and jumped on his hyung. He hugged him like a koala bear does.

Suzy was surprised to see the on at the door and she was glad that it was just Lay.

“Yes, Jongin, I didn’t forget this time.” Lay said and patted his back. Kai jumped down and let go of him.

“Hey Suzy!” Lay waved.

“Hey! What are you wearing your jacket? Are you going somewhere?”

“Yes, I’m going back. Bye!” Suzy said shortly and left before Lay could say anything.

“What is wrong with her?”

“She had something to do. Anyway, let’s go in. Almost everyone is here.” They walked to the living room and greet with the others.

“Hey Lay hyung! Do you see Suzy noona?” Sehun asked as he turned his head around looking for Suzy.

“Yes, I just meet her seconds ago but she already went back.” Lay said calmly.

“Went back? This early?” Chanyeol widened his eyes.

“Yes. She said she has something to do.” Kai sipped the drink.

“Do you think that she doesn’t want to meet Luhan hyung?” Sehun asked his cousin, Min. “I guess. But Luhan didn’t even come yet.” Min shrugged.

Suzy was walking out from the building and entered his car. She was having a mini heart attack when he saw Lay at the door.

She thought it would be Luhan. That’s why she needs to leave early.

She doesn’t want to meet him.

 

***

 

Luhan was spacing out looking at the wall. He kept ignoring the non-stop phone calls that he gets form his friends especially his dongsaeng Kai. He sighed for the nth time and glanced at the watch. “Maybe I should go now.” He muttered to himself and started to dress up for the party.

Kai kept reminding him to go early to his birthday party and Luhan obviously ignoring that fact. He soon takes his key and walked to his car. He drove to Kai’s apartment building. He took his present with him and locked the car.

Luhan felt his phone buzzing again indicating there is a new phone call and he already knows who the caller is so he decided to ignore it. He pushed the button and a few seconds later, the door opens with a sulky Kai behind it.

His face lit up for a split second but turn into a frown again. “You’re late!”

Luhan rolled his eyes. “I’m sorry okay! At least I come okay”

“But still, you don’t love me anymore” Kai pouted and looked down. Luhan sighed. “I’m sorry. Something comes out and I need to settle it.” He lied to Kai.

Of course there’s a reason behind it. Kai furrowed his eyebrows after hearing his excuse.

*Why it is completely same as Suzy’s noona?* he thought.

Kai shook his head. Now he knows why the reason Suzy noona left early and Luhan hyung comes late. They are avoiding each other. It was more than obvious.

“Hey, I bought you present.” Luhan smiled and showing the box to the younger kid. Kai took the present happily and closed the door after Luhan walked into the house. He went to the living room and he could saw that obviously the party is over and everyone left already.

Only EXO, Min, Fei, Jia and Yoona left in the living room and they seem to play games. Luhan sighed in relieve when he didn’t see Suzy there.

“Hey! Just now you showed up!” Kris said sarcastically with his face.

Luhan rolled his eyes, “at least I’m here”

“Hyung! Why are you so late? The party was over like years ago and you finally here.” Sehun scooted over to let him sit on the sofa.

“Got something to do.” He replied shortly.

“Really, why don’t you tell me the REAL reason?” Kris said looking at him.

“What?”

“Come on! You thought I would believe you?”

“Huh?”

“Come on Luhan hyung. We’re not stupid, we goof around a lot but we’re not stupid. You guys are obvious.” Baekhyun said.

Luhan sighed. He knows he could never fool these guys. “So what if I am? I just… don’t know. It’s awkward.”

“I just don’t get you two. Guys look!” Kai said and held two beanies in his hands. “They got the same present for me”

The others chuckled.

“Yeah, whatever.” Luhan rolled his eyes.

“Anyway, what are you guys playing here?”

“Nothing interesting.” Jia shrugged.

Min eyed Yoona and Luhan back and forth and grinned. “Sehun, moved and let Yoona sat beside Luhan.” Min pushed Sehun away which earn a protest from him and she pushed Yoona to sit beside Luhan.

“What are you doing?” Luhan and Yoona asked at the same time and furrowed their eyebrows.

“Exactly what am I doing here.” Min answered. “Let’s play a telepathy game”

“That’s not fair, they are twins! Of course they would get it right all the time” Kris said pointing at them.

“Yah! It’s rude to point like that.” Both Yoona and Luhan said again at the same time.

“See what I mean!” Min shrugged,

"Of course they would win in this game!" Chanyeol said. 

“Are you really sure about that? Maybe… just maybe they would get it wrong.”

“Oi. So you’re underestimate us?” Yoona raised her eyebrow while crossing her arms. “Game on.” Luhan slung his arms around Yoona. “But who are we fighting with?” 

Min tapped her chin as she looked around for the possible couple but since they were more guys than the girls, she needs to couple up between guys.

“Kaisoo, Baekyeol and Taoris” She pointed to each them. Kai, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kris and Tao all stared shockingly at the smiling girl.

“YAHHH!” they protested. The rest were already trying to hold their laughter.

“Why us? And we totally sounded gay when you put those names. Tch…” D.O shook his head.

“But you guys acted like one.” Sehun smirked.

“Shut up Sehun. You and Luhan hyung are the worst.” Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at him.

“Really?” Sehun tilted his head innocently.

“But let add another one. Min and Sehun.” Jia added.

“Eh?” They looked at Jia. “Why us?” 

“Because you guys are cousins. You should know each other.” Lay added.

“No way! This gorilla is going to make us lose.” Sehun pulled Min’s hair which the girl slapped the back of his hand in return. They were about to start to fight again but thankfully Grandpa Suho stopped them “Okay. Let’s start the game.”

“Wait, what if we lost?” Luhan asked.

“Well, the punishment waits.” Fei smirked.

“Whatever, I shouldn’t be the one who worried about it.” Yoona smiled cockily.

“Okay you guys are needed to say the first that popped in your mind when I said a word. No talking, no signal, just eye contact.” Jia explained.

“Okay, Yoong and Luhan, emmm…soup!”

“Monster” Yoona and Luhan said at the same time without thinking. Indeed they were twin, no doubt on that anymore.

“Okay Kaisoo”

“Stop calling us that!” Both Kai and Kyungsoo protested at the same time.

“Wow. Good!” Chen chuckled amused.

“Body!” Xiumin said.

Lips.” They said after they glanced at each other. The others are already giving them a suspicious look. “What?!” They asked again.

“Guys, I think you have competitor here.” Lay said to the twins and chuckled amusedly.

“Okay, Min and Sehun.” Suho paused and think of a word. “Winter”

Min and Sehun looked at each other for a while and shouted at the same time.

“Bubble tea!” “Santa!”

They both said at the same time. Totally giving out different answers. They glared and start shouting at each other.

"Yah! Bubble tea? What the heck is that has got to do with winter?" Min slapped the back of Sehun's head.

"The rules said the first that popped my mind, so I said bubble tea! When it's winter, I can enjoy bubble tea!" Sehun pouted.

"Damn you and your bubble tea! Can't you think another thing? Plus you enjoy bubble tea even if it is not winter"

"Stop trying to change me! And what with Santa! That old fat guy never exist!" Sehun retort back

"It's because you are scared of Santa! That's why!" Min smirked. She always knows that Sehun hated that creepy guy.

"I'm did not!" he crossed his arms.

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!" Min stuck her tongue and make face at Sehun and he also stuck his tongue at her. The rest was already laughing watching the cousins and no one tried to stop them.

Yoona could see from the corner of her eyes that Luhan was also laughing at them.

Yoona smiled warmly watching Luhan.

She knows, even though Luhan seemed happy and he was laughing, deep down within him, he is broken. She knows it.

She can feels it.


Okay I didn't know what I just write. -_-'

And there is still no progressions about our Luhan-Suzy couple here. Just wait for it okay ^_^ 

xoxo SDK love y'all!