Only from far.

She IS your girlfriend, I WAS your girlfriend. [Hiatus]

It has been a few weeks since Kai's birthday and throughout the weeks, Suzy and Soohyun was getting closer and closer and it seems like Suzy was spending her time with Soohyun. If before this Suzy's brother would be the one that prevent her from meeting the new guy just because they doesn't want Suzy to get hurt, now not anymore and they seem encouraging her to move on.

They thought she moved on, but Luhan's place in Suzy's fragile heart was hard to replace. Yes, she tried to move but accepting Spohyun and place him in her heart is too far. She needs to take it slow.

Suzy was walking down the hallway with her friends, Min, Fei, Jia and Yoona. The other students would greet they sometimes well since they were kind of popular and also maybe because they were the only girls that close with EXO. They were waking to the cafeteria and Suzy saw that EXO was sitting at their usual table. Chanyeol called Jia and the rest to sit with them but Jia just shook her head, saying they want to sit on their own.

Suzy tried her best to avoid looking at Luhan and same goes to Luhan. But they still glance each other. As usual, he glanced when she is not looking and she glanced when he is not looking.

Just then Soohyun walked past their table and stopped by. "Hey Suzy. Hey girls."

"Hey Soohyun! Do you want to join us?" Fei asked. Even though they don't really like him, but they didn't hate him.

"Sorry I have to go somewhere now. Bye!" Soohyun gave them his charming smile before he left. They girls just watch as he disappeared when he turned to the corner.

"So..." Min started. Suzy was sipping her drink casually, not minding the look that the girls are giving her. "You and Soohyun seem close" Yoona rested her chin on her palm. "Well, of course we are close" Suzy's word shocked them a bit. "We are friends, just like you guys and him."

"I know but... you guys are closer these days. Did something happen without us knowing?" Jia leaned closer to Suzy. Suzy smiled seeing her friends ridiculously doubting her relationship with Soohyun. "No. Nothing happens. I don't know. Maybe." Suzy shrugged.

Min furrowed her eyebrows, totally confused by her words. "What do you mean by that?"

“I don’t know how to explain. Soohyun confessed to me again this time. But I really don’t know what the right answer I should give to him.” Suzy face palmed. Yoona sighed. “Well, the right question is, do you love him?”

“Who?”

“Soohyun, of course. Who do you think I’m referring to?” Yoona raised an eyebrow.

Suzy paused and stared blankly before answer the question. If she asks her heart, it will immediately answer no. “I can’t.” She looked down.

They know the exact reason why Suzy can’t answer that. “Look Suzy. I know we had said it thousand times already, but believe it, we really means it. If you still love Luhan, which I know that you still love him, why did you let him go at the first place? And look, and know you’re the one who was suffering.” Jia patted her shoulder. “We’re not forcing you anymore. But please remember, when we saw you looked so sad like that, we were sad too. We lost our friend. Our dear lovely girl Suzy. We just want you to be happy. Just like everyone around you.”

Suzy smiled contently. She felt she was so lucky that she met people like her friends. They were together no matter what the situation was.

 

***

 

Suzy was contemplating on what she should do. She just realizes that everyone around her that really cared for her. Everyone wants her to be happy. “Look at there! The kids are so cute!” Suzy’s trance was interrupted when she heard Soohyun’s voice. He was pointing at the kids at the park where they were sitting at. Suzy looked where he pointed and laughed with him. Soohyun looked at Suzy who was still laughing at the kids.

Soohyun couldn’t deny it that Suzy looked really pretty when she laughs. But then, her laugh was a rare thing to see these days and she always looked distracted by her own thoughts. She still looks beautiful but she may be lost something.

Emotion.

She was hiding herself in a shelf and it was hard to take her out from it. Soohyun would do whatever it takes to make her happy even if he was hurt because of the rejection that he gets from her.

*Can’t you accept me? Just for once*

He suddenly snapped out from his thought when Suzy turned to look at him with the smile that never leave her face. Just then he realizes that he wasn’t breathing and blinking when looking at her. Soohyun looked down to hide the blush that crept on his cheek. “Sorry” he muttered while rubbing the back of his neck. He just looked like a little boy that was so lost.

Suzy couldn’t help but chuckled. “It’s okay.” Suzy said and looked at the view in front of them again. Soohyun also looked in front, watching the kids happily played at the park. He doesn’t want to get caught staring at her again.

Just silence between them but it was a relaxing silence. “Hey Soohyun” Suzy called causing him to look at her. “I was thinking…” Soohyun waited patiently for her to finish her words. “I don’t know how to say this…” Suzy was fidgeting and biting her lips occasionally. She looked anywhere and tried her best to avoid his gaze.

“I…” She sighed.

The words seem so hard to come out from . “You…” Suzy stopped for a while.

Soohyun nodded his head indicating her to continue her words.

“I don’t know how to put this.” Suzy fidgeting again. 

Soohyun smiled. “It’s okay. Just say-” 

“Can you help me?” Suzy shook her head. That wasn’t the best word that she wanted to say. “Of course. What do you want me to help?” She sighed and closed her eyes. “That’s not what I mean. What I really mean is… I want to give a try.”

Soohyun was more than shocked hearing that from her. He couldn’t really describe how he feels about it because he never actually expected it. “Co-Come again?”

Suzy looked him in the eyes and gave him the sweetest smile. “Soohyun, can I be your girlfriend?”

Soohyun could see that she was blushing madly right now. There is no real word that could describe how Soohyun really feel when she confessed to him. Is this real? His heart was fluttering and he could feel like he was so lucky.

He cupped Suzy’s cheek and looked at her in the eyes sincerely. “Do you really mean it? I don’t want you to accept me just because you feel guilty about it. Please.” Soohyun tried to search the answer in her eyes and she returned it with a warm smile.

“Yes. I really mean it.”

 


 

 

Suzy’s POV

 

“Yes. I really mean it.” I nodded my head. I know times can’t heal my heart.

Maybe a person that could heal my broken heart. I don’t want other people to see me sad anymore. To accept Soohyun completely in my heart at this moment was impossible. But I should give it a try; I should let him fill the emptiness inside of me.

Not now, but little by little.

Even though Luhan still has his place in my heart.

 


 

 

No one’s POV

 

“So you and him is… an item?” Fei asked. Suzy nodded her head. Suzy couldn’t really tell that she was happy or not. Jia and Yoona looked at each other. They wonder how Luhan would react after knowing that Suzy and Soohyun is now a couple.

They were so shocked when they saw Soohyun and Suzy were holding hands when they arrived in the college this morning. A few students were already whispering and murmuring about the couple. They were like a hot issue right now.

Now Yoona wonders did Luhan know about it or not. Yoona doesn’t want to see her brother to get hurt because of it. She searched around the cafeteria to search for him but there was no sigh of him neither the boys.

“Anyway, I need to go to my car to get my things. See you later.” Suzy stood and left them.

Meanwhile outside the college area, the boys were currently hanging out at the college park since they were on the break. Luhan was staring into the space and Sehun could see that his hyung was thinking about something.

It’s true they heard about the news to that Soohyun and Suzy is now a couple. They couldn’t hide their shock when they heard about it.

Sehun still couldn’t believe that his noona really decided to let Luhan go just like that. The others were glancing at Luhan to see his reaction but they couldn’t read it. He was really emotionless and he looked like he didn’t care about it at all.

But they know, Luhan was the one who is hurt the most about the news. They couldn’t do anything about it. “Hey, are you okay?” Chen asked when he saw Luhan wasn’t in the middle of their conversation. It’s like his body is there, but his soul aren’t.

“Oh, nothing.” He replied briefly. “Dude, are you really okay? About the news?” Chanyeol asked. He was worried about Luhan and he knows the rest are too. Luhan sighed heavily as he looked at the clear sky.

“Well, truthfully, I can’t pretty sure I would say I’m okay or not. But as long as she happy, that’s fine for me.” Luhan paused. “Okay, guys, I have to go somewhere, see you later.” He stood up and walked away from them.

They just looked at Luhan as he walked to the college building back. “He is hurt. Deep inside of him. but he won’t show it.” Lay shook his head. “I really can’t believe that Suzy noona would do that. Why did she do that?” Baekhyun played with his slender fingers.

“They are just hurting each other more and more." Sehun pouted. It was hard to accept but they had to anyway. 

 


 

 

Luhan's POV

 

I guess this is how she feels when she heard the news about me and Jieun. I'm sorry Suzy, I really am. It hurts.

It really hurts and I feel like it is killing me in the inside.

The pain was unbearable for me, just heard that someone already own her heart.

Wake up Luhan! You are not for her. You should stop waiting for her. It was your entire fault all of this happens.

It was too late. She was happy and I am happy when she is happy. I don’t want to see her cry because of me anymore.

I walked to the hallway and just my luck; I met her on the way out of the building. She was at the other end and she was alone. I was shocked and didn’t expect to see her so I just keep my cool and put my hands in my pocket.

She was looking around and I know she wanted to avoid from looking away from me. She was coming closer and I could heart my heart was beating really fast from its normal pace.

“Congratulations.” I whispered as she walked passed by me. I knew she heard me and she stopped and turned to look at me. She had this confuse looked on her face. “You and Soohyun. I’m glad you are happy now. Please be happy” I smiled weakly before I turn around and walked.

I can’t face her. It hurts so much to say those simple words. Call me chicken or what but I just can’t. I can’t hold it anymore.

It’s like my heart and chest has been sliced into pieces and shattered like a broken glasses again and again.

 


 

Suzy’s POV

I was walking back to the building after I take a few things in my car. As I walked, I saw him, at the other end and walking out. He saw me but his face was only emotionless as it already was.

Since I let him go, it was hard for me to see that smile on his face.

I was bad, for taking away his smile and laughter. I hurt him bad enough and I can’t face myself to look at him anymore. I broke his heart just like that. What kind a person I am?

But maybe I was just hallucinating. Maybe he was fine after all, because he has Jieun with him. He should be happy with her. I know I was wrong, for treating him like that, but it’s for the best. I apologized for the pain I caused and I just want to say I’m sorry, Luhan.

A fool I was to let you slip away but that can’t be rewind back. All of that happened already and I can’t do anything about it.

We were walking towards each other with his hand in his pocket and I tried my really best not to look in that pair of mesmerizing eyes. Just when we walked passed each other, I heard his word, it was more like a whisper but I heard it. “Congratulations”

I froze. Why did that word hurts me? I turned to looked at him.

“You and Soohyun. I’m glad you are happy now. Please be happy” he smiled weakly which I know it was fake and turned to walk away. His simple words really does thing in my heart. What do I feel?

Pain?

Happy?

Guilt?

Satisfied?

I couldn’t really pinpoint what it really was but one thing that I know really well is that his word somewhat makes me feels sad.

I can’t help but just to watch his back that is slowly going far and far away from me and just like he was in my heart. Can I be happy?

I’m sorry again, Luhan.

 


 

 

Luhan’s POV

 

I was staring at the clear blue skies. The birds are flying freely without the care of the world. How I wish I could be free like that.

I decided to skip classes since I can’t focus my mind anymore. I need to clear my mind so there I was sitting on my car, enjoying the view of the whole city. I was alone in this hill since people barely know about the place. It used to be my secret hideout with Suzy, when we decided to skip school.

I would take her pictures and all of our videos together. But now, here I was alone and just thinking about how pathetic I am.

I took out my camera and just looked back our entire picture together. And most of the picture inside here was the pictures of her.

 

 

I never get tired when taking pictures of her. It was how her beauty could be shown. I like to take random picture of her. I love her smiles

and also her mesmerizing eyes.

I smiled when I watch some of her video. 

  

 

I just can’t help myself back then. I would happily record her.

There were a lot of our videos together and just by watching it, the more I miss her. A lot.

I could feel myself tearing up. I would never cry about this simple thing, but I just did. I feel weak, because of you, Suzy.

I couldn’t see or touch you. I really love you, I miss you like crazy. But I know we can never be. I try to hide it like it’s a lie. But I can’t help my heart for you. Who are you that my numb heart. Endlessly beats whenever I see you?

I looked at the videos again and again. It was sweet memory. 

 

I smiled watching her bubbly self. I would secretly record her, but she knows anyway. As a revenge she records me back, saying how I always behind the camera and not in front of camera. I miss the memories with her. Her, Bae Suzy, 

  

The person I miss – though I push you out by burying you in my heart. I keep seeing only you shining before my eyes. The person who hurt my heart – I hate you but I can’t forget you. So tears flow down the broken pieces of my heart. 

 


 

No one’s POV

 

Luhan gripped hard on the camera in his hand. He could care less about the few drops of his tears on his favorite camera. He didn’t care for that, he was a hurt boy. A boy who lost in love. Luhan’s vision was blurred because of the tears and he tried to hold it back but he just can’t. The tears keep coming and even he couldn’t stop himself.

A girl named Bae Suzy was the reason why a man named Luhan cried.

She made a man cried.

Luhan just hurt himself again because he keeps remembering her. “I miss you, Suzy” Luhan silently said as he caressed the camera in his hands, it was the video of her.

He can’t simply delete it. He just can’t.

Meanwhile, Yoona was looking for Luhan but she couldn’t see him.She knew it somehow, Luhan must be skipping class. He rarely skips but she knows that Luhan only skipped either he is sick or he has problem.

Yoona knew Luhan must be hurt when he heard the news.

Somehow, Yoona felt like crying, she wanted to cry, badly. Yoona knew why she is feeling this way.

Luhan was crying.

She knew it when her twin is sad. They had the special connection between them.

*Wherever you are Luhan, be strong.* Yoona worriedly thought about her twin.

 


*Glam - The person I miss lyrics*

This is like long chapter, and thank you for the support! I love it! Hope you guys still with me! 

Don't hate Suzy for this okay!

And I seriously don't care those who are going to unsubscribe my story, just do it, I don't mind, it's was all your choice. That's the real deal, you gain and you lose. I write because it's what I want, not what people want. I know and I hope I still have my loyal readers. Those who waits patiently for my story. I know my story is slow, in both progressions and update. So those who waits for it, all I can say is thank you so much!