Can You Hurry up the Stutters?

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

"Let's go." I said to Shinwoo while I quickly packed my school bag. Sang Ki and Jinyoung made a huge ruckus are just left before any more questions were asked haha.

"U-Um..." I glanced up.

"Ah, yes?" It's that quiet girl. I don't really know her name... I felt bad, but I know that she's the one who eats lunch with just one other friend.

"U-Uh...M-My name i-is..." She was stuttering so much! I feel like I'm making her nervous...

"I'm Gongchan." I said, attempting to ease her shyness.

"Um!" Her voice got much higher in tone. "I already knew that! My name is Haneul!" It's like she was yelling, but her voice was still very quiet. She looked down, biting her lip. "I-I'm sorry for speaking so loudly..."

"Oh, no. You were still quiet haha."

"Sorry..."

"It's not a big deal." I said, seeing that Shinwoo was motioning to me from the door. "Did you need something?" I asked her.

"U-Um. C-Can you come outside with me for a minute?" Will this take a while...?

"Uh...okay." We left out the other door. I waved my hands for Shinwoo to just leave without me today.

We went outside to a more quiet area. She probably likes quiet places since she's so quiet herself haha. "So, what's up?" I asked with my hands in my pockets. It's cold today...

"I-I just w-wanted to ask you s-something."

"Yes~?" I was trying to hurry up the conversation because it was so cold outside!

"A-Are you dating anyone right n-now?" Dating...? Does she like me?

"No. Why do you ask?"

"N-No reason!" She quickly walked past me before I could say anything else. I guess she was cute... I don't really know her though. Wah! What if it was one of those situations where the super shy girl liked me?! Wah! That would be so fantasy-like!

 

Shinwoo POV

"Y-Yeah, I asked him for you..." I noticed two girls walking in front of me. Ah. Isn't that one the girl who was talking to Gongchan in class when I left? She must be really fast to come here already!

"And what did he say?" The other girl asked. Hmm~ That's Minji. She's pretty annoying. I wonder how they're friends... The loud, obnoxious one with the shy, silent one. How ironic.

"H-He...said he isn't seeing anyone." I listened in on their conversation. I rarely hear Haneul talk, so I was curious as to what her voice sounds like.

"Really?!" Minji exploded. "Oh my God! It's like God is totally telling me to be with him!" I rolled my eyes, sighing. Minji's just crushing on some guy again. She's always dreaming about someone new every month.

"B-But I thought he had a crush on Sang Ki-ah..." Minji clicked her tongue in response to Haneul's reasoning. Who are they talking about...? Crushing on Sang Ki?

"I already said that he moved on from her! He didn't even like her that much." Minji was so loud! I'd be hilarious if she was trying to be secretive. She glanced back quickly, hitting my shoulder suddenly.

"Why are you listening?!" She yelled at me.

"Tch. This is a public road and you are so frickin loud. How can no one listen?!" I yelled back at her. She scrunched up her lips, jabbing me in the stomach before linking arms with Haneul and walking away.

So annoying... And that person's my classmate, ugh...

 

Jinyoung POV

"Why are you smiling so much..." Sang Ki had such a soft voice while we sat on a park bench.

"You know~" I clasped my hands together, smiling shyly as we sat after what happened in the classroom.

"Why?" She definitely knew why~ I leaned over, pecking her cheek quickly.

"You know why~" I smiled again, looking down. She laughed a little.

"You're so cute~" She cooed at me when I glanced to see her pink cheeks. My girlfriend is so cute! My arms moved on their own and I hugged her tight. "W-What...?" She asked, cupping her hands on my arms.

"You are very cute too~" I said with another peck on her forehead.

"Haha, thank you." She gave me a quick kiss, but I started to blush too much and just laughed it off rather than giving her one back.

"Sang Ki? Is that really you?!" I looked up to see a glimpse of his face before his arms latched around her. She immediately shoved him away, her eyes wide. "You're so beautiful now!" He exclaimed. He was rather old... maybe a past sunbae? Maybe even a teacher by the looks of his body. "Did you miss me?"

I looked towards her curiously, seeing her petrified expression.

What is...

 

Gongchan POV

I walked home, getting a text from someone when I started on my way from school.

Channie Oppa~! How are you doing~? Hope you get home safely!'  It's an unknown number... but they called me oppa? And Channie? Only people online call me that... I decided to respond.

Um, who is this? Thank you, I'll make sure to walk slowly haha.

Wah! You really responded! And noo!!! Walk faster so no one kidnaps you!

I laughed at the message, still wondering who sent it. Maybe it's that quiet girl from today, Haneul? But this seems a bit upbeat for her. Then again, she might be able to talk like this in writing rather than in real life.

Is this Haneul-ah? And haha, I'll quicken my pace then.

A response didn't come for a long time... a whole few minutes.

This is not Haneul. It's your girlfriend!

...Who is this...? My phone beeped from another message. And I can't believe we haven't talked in so long honey~! I stopped walking for a second. Honey... I thought this may be a wrong number, but they said Channie, so they know who I am... I want to know now! I still think it's just Haneul, but I never even gave her my number...

 

Shinwoo POV

Those two seem really suspicious... I was eavesdropping on Haneul and Minji who were whispering and texting someone. I don't really care to listen, but Haneul lives on the same street as me, so I didn't have much choice as to who to walk behind on my way.

"Would you stop following us?!" Minji yelled back at me with a bad expression.

"I need to go this way. And which poor guy are you torturing this month?"

"Hmph. It's not torturing, it's dating!" She's so delusional. All the guys she targets never like her back and she just calls them her boyfriends. "And Gongchan likes me very much!"

"Pfft! Gongchan?!" I laughed so hard at that lie! "Oh gosh! He likes tons of girls and even he has better taste!" She puffed up her cheeks before kicking me and leaving with Haneul. HAHA! She's after Gongchan this time!

 

Jinyoung POV

"Don't cry, please..." I held Sang Ki to my chest, not letting her look forward with her teary eyes.

"Yah Sang Ki~ I thought you loved me!" I hugged her tighter, making sure she would not see his face again.

"Shut up." I spoke seriously. "She never said that and she doesn't love you at all. She's even crying at your appearance. You should understand if you're a real man." He just smirked, rolling his eyes a little.

"And just who are you? The little boyfriend? Wow. I leave for a while and you go out and find some chump." He said carelessly.

"Leave. No one wants you here." I said, keeping Sang Ki's face away from him. Tch. Why did this jerk have to come? He's too cruel to Sang Ki. "And another thing, don't touch her." I said, slapping his hand that was reaching towards her.

"Why? She's still mine. I marked her." What the hell is this bastard talking about?!

" causes a scar not a mark."

"Same difference." Should I call someone...? I don't want to Sang Ki to see his face, so I can't move very much... I really want to punch this guy though. "Whatever." He turned his face towards Sang Ki. "Why are you hiding~? Am I that scary~?" He almost touched her hair, but I used my feet to kick him away, making sure there was a good distance in between the two. "Where did you find this little pissant Sang Ki? He's so annoying."

"You're the annoying one. Leave now." My eyes saw another two guys walking over. Both from our class.

"Who are you? Don't bother Sang Ki." One said. Ah... it was the guy from the other time; the kids who were texting Sang Ki to be mean.

"I'm--" The more rough one cut him off, pulling his arm towards him.

"An adult bothering two students for no reason? Wow. That's an offense. I can call the cops, saying that you were trying to them." I squeezed Sang Ki tighter, wishing he had chosen his words more carefully.

"Tch. You're just a bunch of kids. Looks like Sang Ki is still a child too." The walked away and I lifted Sang Ki's head towards my eyes once he left.

She was crying as I expected, but she was very silent.

"Wah, look at that guy. He sure is old now." One of the guys said. "Are you okay?" We both asked at same time.

Sang Ki nodded softly, gripping my arm a little hard.

"Good! He shouldn't come back now!" The other said cheerfully. I put my arm around Sang Ki.

"Thanks. We'll see you tomorrow." I replied with a small smile, walking with Sang Ki who was still quiet.

I'll make sure to keep you happy and react instead of relying on some other people next time Sang Ki.