But It's So Sad!

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

Jinyoung POV

“Good morning!” I yelled as she entered the classroom. I was already Wednesday and there was only one more day until our usual club meeting. I planned a great experiment for this week! She had to leave early after class today; something about needing to work on her history homework. I just wanted the next day to come quickly.

“Morning.” She smiled, walking past me. It’s Thursday! After class, I left early to set up for the lab. I hope she likes it today~ The members soon started to file into the room. “Good afternoon.” I said happily as everyone came in.

“You’re in such a good mood…why?” one asked.

“I love science.” I joked. “Ok, today’s lab is...Hm? Where’s Sang Ki-ah?” I noticed she still wasn’t here.

“Oh!” One made an outburst. “She told me to tell you that she had to go and couldn’t stay!”

“Oh really…well then, let’s get started now.” I trudged through the lab, just wanting to leave now. I wonder why she left; it better not have been because of her dad!

 

Sang Ki POV

“But dad!”

“No butts! I told you to quit that club!” he yelled. My mom calmed him down.

“It’s fine Sang Ki, you can stay in the club.” She said, but he quickly said the opposite.

“I’m staying in it!” I yelled, running back to my room and slamming the door before they could get another word out. Tch. You’re horrible today dad. My phone started to buzz. “Jinyoung-ah…hey.” I tried to sound happier.

“What’s with your voice? Did something happen?” he asked.

“Yeah…my dad wants me to quit the club, but then my mom doesn’t and I don’t want to and there was just an argument is all.”

“Oh…sorry to hear that…”

“But I think we can hang out tomorrow! You better come with money!” He laughed.

“Are you being ist~?” He joked.

“No, but society has the standard that the male should pay.” He laughed so hard.

“You just use that situation when you want something~ Well, I’ll make sure to show you a great time either way.”

 

Jinyoung POV

“Good morning!” I called as she walked in. She was smiling; yes, a good sign. That means she can actually hang out today and not leave. Class went by so slowly… maybe I just wanted to start spending my Friday with Sang Ki as fast as possible. Class ended and I ran over to Sang Ki before something else could happen to prevent our time together. I don’t know if I should call that a date.

The word date just makes me feel…different. “Are you ready?” I asked as she packed her bag. “Maybe we should change and then go?”

“Nah, it’s ok.” We left quickly, but I felt like people were staring while talking amongst their own friends.

We just went out to eat and play around some more. It started getting dark. “Do you want to come over to my house?” I asked.

“I want to, but I don’t know about my parents…my mom’s fine with it, but my dad…” She took out her phone, dialing. “Hello? Ah, mom can I go over to Jinyoung-ah’s today?” There was a long pause and then Sang Ki pretty much exploded. “WHAT?! NO!” she yelled. “B-Bye.” She hung up.

“Is everything ok?” I asked.

“Y-Yeah…I can come over.” We went to my house. Hm? My mom was out? “You can go to my room since you already know where it is, I’ll come in a minute.” Is she seriously out at this time? She’s usually home by now. Ah. A note on the table.

 

I have to stay at work today Jinyoung! Stupid company retreat in the company -_- I don’t even get why we need to stay with the all our coworkers for the night, it’s dumb! I hate 50% of the people here right now… Anyway, I’ll be back tomorrow, you should invite a friend over! ;)    ----Mommy~

 

I sighed putting the note down. What was that wink at the end of the note supposed to imply…bad.

I went back to my room, Sang Ki was looking around. “Something pique your interest?” I asked.

“You and Sandeul-ah look so cute in this photo.” She pointed to a picture frame. I guess we did haha. “So is your mom not back yet?”

“Ah…she’s at this company retreat and said she won’t be back until tomorrow.” There was an awkward silence.

“Well then…what do you want to do? We could watch a movie or something.” I was about to agree until I remembered something.

“Ah. You said you would help me today.” I’ve been practicing on my own too!

“With what?” she must have forgot…

“With my lips!” She remembered with a surprised expression, looking away.

“Ah…yeah…”

“You don’t want to help me…?”

“N-No, it’s just that…never mind.” What’s she thinking about? She took my hand. “Are you ready?” She laughed.

“Of course~” I leaned down a little to her face. I had already kind of been practicing by asking around online about how to kiss. I know that’s pretty embarrassing, but it wasn’t as awkward as when I tried watching a video about it. That just made me so uncomfortable! Most people just said to feel your way through it, but some good people actually told me some tips.

 

She put her hands on my shoulders, pushing our lips together. She started moving them as I tried to as well. She quickly broke the kiss. “…Where did you learn this…?” she asked with a confused look.

“Hm? Did I do something really bad?” She shook her head.

“No…but you……never mind.” She pressed our lips back together. I put my hands around her waist, bringing her closer to me. She pushed me away with her hands. “Where did you learn already?” She asked with a furrowed brow.

“Um…I got some extra help.” Her eyes widened a little.

“F-From who…?”

“Just some people. Was I better?” She seemed upset?

“Yeah, you were a lot better today…but you practiced on someone?”

“A lollipop.” She looked even more confused. Why…? Ah! She must think I meant a person! I should clarify before she slaps me, thinking that I meant another girl. “By practice, I asked people how to kiss and then I used a lollipop as a person.”

“Oh…” This is awkward. “How did you even use a lollipop?”

“I can show you.” I smiled. “Let’s say you’re the lollipop for now.”

“Yah Jinyoung-ah~ That sounds so bad~” we laughed.

“But really, I practiced so hard to be ready for you!” I said with a smile.

“Haha, you didn’t have to do things like that.”

“But you seemed like you knew how to do everything. I don’t really know anything about kissing…” She pat my head.

“Don’t worry idiot. By the way…the other day…you were just joking about that in bed thing, right? It was bothering me.” In bed thing?

“Oh! You mean when I said I knew my way in bed?” She looked away, nodding. “I meant it.”

“H-How does a person who hasn’t kissed know how to have ?!”

“Well, I am a science genius. I should at least know the basics of the human body and how they reproduce.” I noticed her face was red. “Did someone think I meant something else~?” I teased. She was so flustered.

“N-No! I was just curious about your comment!” She crossed her arms. Hehe, so cute.

“Have you been a bit nervous lately because you think I wanted to do something like that?”

“W-Well…everyone keeps saying things like, don’t get too serious and stuff like that…” I don’t want to disappoint her, but I can’t do something that serious right now. I can barely kiss her without being worried if I’m doing it the right way. My brain would explode if I went any farther!

“Don’t think you’re the only nervous one.” We laughed, deciding to just watch a movie in the end. I realized that we’re too much of a cutesy couple to want to do anything intimate. Thank God!

 

I was so interested in the movie she chose. It was a romantic tragedy. I was on the verge of tears from the storyline as the credits rolled. I looked over to my side, noticing that Sang Ki had already fallen asleep. You make me a teary mess over here and fall asleep yourself?

I got up, getting a blanket and laying it over her. I was going to lie next to her when my phone rang. “Hello?” I asked.

“Jinyoungie! How are you doing lately? It’s been a while~”

“You wouldn’t even believe what happened if I told you.” I smiled, glancing at Sang Ki.

“What happened!? Tell me now!”

“So impatient Sandeul~”

“Tell me tell me tell me now~”

“Haha, ok. So a few weeks ago, I realized that I didn’t like Gongchan-ah and it was really Sang Ki-ah.”

“You finally understood?”

“Yah, what’s that supposed to mean?”

“It was obvious the whole time to me, your best friend.”

“Anyway, the day I realized my own feelings, I also understood hers. I was the guy she had been liking for the past two years.”

“WHAT?!” he almost squealed over the phone.

“Yeah! Then I started trying to confess to her and wore quite the outfit around her. She, very unexpectedly confessed to me over the phone and I pretty much sprinted to her house.”

“GAH! Jinyoung! My feels are overloading right now!”

“Haha, you’re so weird Sandeul.”

“So did are you two dating?!”

“Yeah. She’s here right now actually.”

“What?! Isn’t it already night?!”

“She’s staying over.” There was a silence from Sandeul.

“Use this to the best of your ability.”

“Yah Sandeul…I’m fine with just hugging her, not to even think about kissing her. I can’t even do it properly.”

“Seriously Jinyoung…? Gosh. Such a nerd.”

“I am not a nerd! I just don’t know how to!”

“Whatever you say~ I hope you two have fun then! Guess I’ll call you another time!” He hung up. I am not a nerd just because I don’t know how to kiss her… Such peer pressure…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope Jinyoung and Sang Ki don't just get peer pressured into things they don't want to do yet :(  But wah~ They're so cute, knowing that they can't do those things and just watching a movie even when they're alone haha. And then Jinyoung gets teary at the movie while Sang Ki falls asleep. How cute <3