Game Over. Player 1 Wins.

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

 

Sang Ki POV

“Morning.” I was surprised when I saw Jinyoung in front of my house in the morning.

“Yeah…morning.” I walked over to him. “Why are you here?”

“Just wanted to walk with a friend.” He said as we left for school.

There was an awkward silence for a good five minutes or so.

“So…the real reason I came out here this morning wasn’t to walk with you… I had a favor to ask.”

“Favor? What is it?” What could Jinyoung possibly want from me…?

“Well, for next week’s meeting I need to buy more supplies and was wondering if you could come with me.”

“Where?”

“There’s this store that sells things relating to science near the mall. Could you please come with me?”

“W-Wouldn’t you want one of your more known members to go with you?”

“Well I have to get to know you somehow… and today’s Friday, so it should be alright, no?”

“I guess so…”

“Great! We’ll go after class then.” He smiled. I was a bit nervous. Isn’t that like a date?! Even if it’s to buy something like science supplies, it’s still going out and about with Jinyoung!

 

We entered class together. “Ooo~ Today she’s with Jinyoung-ah!” A girl yelled. Gongchan came up to me, smiling.

“Sang Ki-ah! It’s Friday, we should hang out today!”

“Ah, sorry…I sort of have other plans…” I said. He pouted.

“Ok then. But next week you better schedule me in!” Class started and I couldn’t focus at all. All I could think about was what could happen after school. School went by quickly and Gongchan came up to me. “So what plans did you have?” He asked, curiously.

“Sang Ki-ah, you ready to go?” Jinyoung came over.

“You’re going with HIM?” Gongchan asked, surprised.

“Yeah…we have to buy things for the club.” I said shyly.

“You can come if you want.” Jinyoung suggested.

“No thanks, I don’t want to go to some science store on my Friday.” Gongchan showed some attitude.

“Well then let’s go.” Jinyoung and I left. Sorry Gongchan, but my hearts already beating faster than normal and I’m only standing next to Jinyoung!

 

Jinyoung POV

I kind of wanted Gongchan to come. It’d be even better because then I could gain his trust, but taking it slower is fine too. We walked to the store I wanted to go to. “Wah~ This is huge.” Sang Ki commented as we entered.

“Yeah, so we need to get some new tubing, stoppers, and microscope slides.” To be honest we didn’t need to buy anything, but I suppose this way we get some extra supplies and my plan can work. We went looking for the things, I purposely was ‘unaware’ of where these things were in attempt to spend more time together.

We paid for everything and left. We started walking, but I couldn’t let the day end already! If I silently wait a few more minutes she’ll say she’s going home! Must think fast.

 

Sang Ki POV

“Wah! Sang Ki-ah!” Jinyoung suddenly exclaimed. He pulled my arm, leading me to a different place.

“W-What?” I asked, a bit shy at his sudden touch.

“Look!” There was a photo booth. “Let’s go.” He pulled me into it with him. “I’ve never actually used one of these before, so we have to take photos.” Photo evidence of our outing - thank you God. But, he’s never used one before? How weird, it looked like he knew what to do…

“Smile.” We smiled for the first photo. He scooted closer. “Face shot!” Does he mean close up? The camera flashed either way. “Friends.” He suddenly hugged me. “Funny shot!” I was too shocked by the third shot to do the fourth.

We got out of the booth, Jinyoung took the pictures, inspecting them. “Yah, what’s with the fourth one?” He handed it to me, laughing. My face was completely shocked in the picture. “Haha which ones do you want?” he asked.

“Mmm…you choose.” He gave me the second and third. I’m kind of happy he gave me those ones. But the third shot! That was so sudden!

“Are you hungry? We should go eat.” He suggested. I agreed and we left, off the some fast food place. We didn’t have much money, so we just bought some smoothies. “What flavor did you get?” He asked after we had both drank about half.

“Mango. You?” I said, still sipping my drink.

“Kiwi. Can we trade?”

“Haha is it that bad?” I joked.

“No, I just want to see what yours tastes like.” We traded. I took from sip from the straw. Ah. That was indirect kiss! Gah! “Mmm! Yours is so much sweeter!” he said happily. I took another sip of his.

“So sour!” I said, puckering my lips. He laughed. “How did you drink so much of this?!” I was half shocked by the sourness and half excited from the indirect kisses that were technically just exchanged.

“I like sour things, but sweet is nice too.” He smiled, taking another sip.

 

Jinyoung POV

This isn’t working… She was totally shocked when I hugged her at the photo booth. She must really not trust me…to be so shocked just from a friendly hug… I can try another thing… I took another sip of the mango smoothie. Wait. Isn’t this an indirect kiss?! Wah! She had drunk some of mine too! Calm down. It wasn’t a real kiss; Gongchan shall still get your first kiss. This means nothing.

Her phone rang. “Hello? Uh, yeah, I’m with a friend. What? Dad! No, it’s not Gongchan-ah! No. It’s just a friend, alright! What?! Fine…” She covered the phone. “Jinyoung-ah can you talk to my dad…? Just tell him we went to the store, ok?” She handed me the phone.

“Hello?” I asked.

“A male… Name?”

“Jung Jinyoung.”

“Oh, it’s you again… What are you two doing?” he asked.

“We went to the store to buy supplies for the next science club meeting.”

“Really…? Well aren’t you two nerdy…and I thought on a Friday afternoon my daughter would at least try to sneak a date with this Gongchan.”

“Haha he did try, but I intervened since I remembered what you said yesterday.” If I get trust with the father, it’ll be just that much easier to get trust from Sang Ki and then Gongchan!

“Really?! You should come home with Sang Ki, I’ll give you dinner in appreciation!”

“Haha, no thank you sir, my mom will have to eat alone otherwise.”

“Wow, you’re a really good kid. Well, just make sure she’s home by 8!” He hung up.

“So what’d he say?” Sang Ki asked curiously.

“Just to have you home by 8.” I smiled.

“Seriously?! How surprising…my dad doesn’t really like boys, maybe since he only has daughters.” She drank more of the kiwi smoothie. “Can we trade back? No offense, but the sour taste…it’s not good haha.” We re-traded. Don’t think about it Jinyoung, Gongchan will get my first real kiss! She doesn’t seem to realize the indirect kiss or maybe normal people just don’t care… We finished our smoothies and left.

 

“Well I have you until 8, what do you want to do?” I smiled.

“Mmm…What do you like to do?” She asked.

“That depends, what do you like to do?” The main point is to pretend to like the stuff you do…

“I like to go to the arcade sometimes.” Really…? I guess that’s fun.

“Let’s go then!” I smiled. The more we hang out, the faster I can get to Gongchan. We went to an arcade; there were lots of people and couples too.

“Ah! This one!” She dragged me over to a machine. What is this thing? Looks like a shooter game; it had fake guns attached to it. “I love this game! We’ll see who’s better.” She smiled, putting in some coins to start the game.

“Wait, are we shooting each other?”

“If you come in my path, I’ll shoot you, but otherwise we’re supposed to kill the zombies.” The game started. The controls were easy, since there was only one button and it was the gun trigger. “Yah Jinyoung-ah, shoot that one!” she yelled at me.

“They’re coming so fast!”

“They’re zombies, you should be faster!” I was seriously getting into the game. A banner flew across the screen, ‘Game Over, Player 1 Wins.’

“What?! Rematch!” I yelled, putting another coin in the machine. The results were the same… UGH! I put another coin in. ‘Player 1 Wins.’ “GAH!”

“Whoa Jinyoung-ah, no need to be a sore loser.” Sang Ki snickered.

“It’s called having the passion to win. Now, one more round!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wah! Jinyoung sounds like he's actually playing with Sang Ki and not just faking friendship to get to Gongchan! And the photobooth and indirect kisses? Her dad even approves of Jinyoung's friendship. Cute- Jinyoung wants to have his first kiss with Gongchan! ><

If you have anything to say, feel free to do so~ ^^