Why Can't You See?

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

Jinyoung POV

Shinwoo.” What?! I looked to Sandeul as Sang Ki did. He looked proud… This guy was just trying to help Shinwoo the whole time and I’m pretty sure Shinwoo didn’t even know! Sang Ki was shocked. Well she was pretty much just confessed to. “Hello?” Shinwoo asked, still on the line. Sang Ki couldn’t say anything, so I took the phone.

“Yes?” I imitated a more girly like voice.

“How do you know who I like? Who is this really?” he asked.

“I don’t know, ok , bye!” I quickly hung up. Sang Ki was shocked and Sandeul was proud…oh these two… “Um, don’t worry about it.” I put my hand on Sang Ki’s shoulder.

“He sounded serious.” She said.

“If you don’t like him, it doesn’t matter.”

“I never said it bothered me…it was just sudden is all.”

“So do you still not like him at all?” Sandeul asked. This is not the time to ask this!

“Not really…I already told you that I like someone else already.” She really didn’t look too fazed by Shinwoo 's sudden confession. She really doesn’t have any feelings for him like I thought, does she? I wonder who she likes then. I really can’t think of anyone at the moment…

“Sure~” Sandeul insisted. “Well let’s call someone else. This time it’s Jinyoung’s turn.” He chose a number, putting the phone in the middle of the floor.

 

“Hello~” A guy asked.

“Hi.” I said awkwardly.

“…” Sandeul motioned to me.

“…Um…Hi.” Sandeul face palmed himself and Sang Ki snickered to herself.

“Hello!” Sang Ki took over.

“Yes? Who is this?” he asked.

“I wanted to ask you about the affair. Is this a good time?”

“W-What?!” Sandeul held his mouth, not letting his burst of laughter escape.

“Yes. There is also a child here, saying that the owner of this phone is his father. Are you said person?” Sang Ki asked.

“What?! No! I don’t have any children and in no way any kind of affair!!” he screamed. Pfft. Poor guy, getting put in this kind of situation.

“Is that so? What is your name; that will help us clarify the information.”

“Gongchan.” Eh. I stared wide-eyed at Sandeul. Was he trying to set me up here? Why did I let Sang Ki take the phone?!

“Ah…” Sang Ki wasn’t expecting it to be Gongchan either. “Well then…never mind, wrong number, bye.” She immediately hung up. We all stared at each other. “We never mention this one to him, ok?” she said. The phone started ringing. No one said anything. Sandeul grabbed the phone.

“Hello?” It wasn’t on speaker phone, so we couldn’t hear what Gongchan was saying. “Ah, yes. I’m sorry, my children were being stupid. I’m sorry for any trouble they may have caused you, sir.” He was trying to act like a parent of us kids now? “Once again, I’m sorry.” He hung up, breathing out. “That was a close one.” He chuckled. “I think we should just go to sleep now.” Sang Ki agreed.

 

“Are you going to sleep in that?” I asked. Me and Sandeul had changed clothes, but she was still wearing her uniform.

“Uh…yeah, it’s fine.” She replied.

“B-But you’re wearing a skirt… I’ll just give you some clothes.” I got up, looking around in my closet. What kind of girl is just cool with sleeping in a skirt, next to two guys? What to give her~? “This should be fine.” I handed her a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt. She looked a bit weird. Is it weird for a girl to wear those? She left to go change in the bathroom.

“Nice one Jinyoung.” Sandeul teased me.

“What?” Did I do something wrong?

“Oh nothing~”

“Seriously, what?” I don’t think I did anything wrong.

“Haha. Sometimes…it’s just that you…never mind.”

“Hurry up and tell me.” Seriously, what did I do wrong!?

“It’s just that you seem to always be caring for Sang Ki-ah. Makes me wonder how much you actually like Gongchan-ah.”

“What? I’m just trying to be her friend.”

“Well…I know you’re trying to be her friend to get to Gongchan-ah, but from another person’s perspective, it looks like you actually like Sang Ki-ah.”

“What?! This is all for--” He covered my mouth.

“Shh!! What if she heard you? You’re plan would fail. I was just telling you how other people see it.” Sang Ki came back in soon. Do I really look that friendly with Sang Ki, that it seems that I like her instead? I don’t think so. I’m just trying to be friends!

 

Sang Ki lay in between me and Sandeul. I wonder what Gongchan was thinking when we called. He was probably freaked out haha. Sandeul fell asleep in an instant like usual, but I could hear Sang Ki moving around every now and then still.

“Can’t sleep?” I asked eventually.

“Yeah. You?” She turned her body to me.

“Yup. Is something on your mind?” Maybe she was thinking about the past again. I hope not.

“…Not really… What about you?”

“Just the person I like.” She snickered.

“You must really like her.”

“Yeah…but what about you and this guy? Don’t you really like him? You said you liked him for two years.” She smiled.

“I really really like him. Now that I started talking to him more, I just keep falling for him even harder.” Haha, how cute.

“Is he a real catch?” I asked.

“Yup. Even if he doesn’t end up with me, I hope he lives with someone who truly appreciates him.”

“You always say stuff like that. Like how you want him to have the best even if you can’t share it with him.”

“Well…I think when you really care for someone, you naturally put them first. So I guess it makes sense for me to care for him and then myself.” How sweet. “Don’t you feel like that towards the girl you like?” Gongchan? I…

I don’t.

 

Sang Ki POV

He got really quiet… Oh well? I turned back to my other side, trying to sleep. I sighed. No matter what, my heart is beating like crazy just because I’m next to Jinyoung… I hope he can’t hear it. I’m even wearing his clothes!! When he gave them to me, just, oh my God. I tried scooting closer to Sandeul just in case Jinyoung may actually be able to hear my heart thrashing inside of me.

I still couldn’t fall asleep… I felt a push on my back. I looked over, seeing that Jinyoung had his head against my back.

“Jinyoung-ah?” He was asleep. I turned towards him, putting my head right next to his. I stared for a while. He’s so cute…I hate having to tell him I have someone I like when he doesn’t even realize it’s him. But he has someone he likes too…I really do hope she’s a good girl who will cherish him. I think he would make any girl happy…

I scooted closer to Jinyoung.

“Goodnight Jinyoung-ah.”

 

Jinyoung POV

Hm? Where is everyone? Sandeul and Sang Ki were gone when I woke up. I got up, going to the kitchen. Everyone was happily eating cereal.

“Morning.” I said, leaning on Sandeul’s head.

“Yah~ Off.” He complained from the weight.

"Fine~” I used Sang Ki as a rest instead.

“W-What?” She asked, trying to move me away.

“Why~? Am I that bad?” I put my arms around her neck, resting my chin on her head.

“N-No. You should eat breakfast.” I let go, sitting next to Sandeul.

“So what are you going to do today?” I asked Sang Ki.

“I don’t know…go back home I guess. How about you two?”

“Work on Jinyoung’s love issues more.” Sandeul said.

“No~ We’ll just hang out and play around.” We finished our food. “I’ll walk you home.” I said to Sang Ki.

“It’s not like there are any bad guys out in the morning.” She said as we stood at the door.

“I should still take you home.” I insisted.

“Ok then, let’s go!” Sandeul said, linking arms with her. They both smiled. Well isn’t he friendly?

 

We walked over to her house, her dad opening the door. “Oh, good morning!” He smiled. “Who is this? A new friend? Come in, come in.”

“Ah we just came to drop Sang Ki-ah off.”

“Do you guys have any other plans for the day?”

“Not really--”

“I’m sure Sang Ki would love to play around more with you guys! If you want you can take her with you.” He smiled. That’d be fun.

“We should!” Sandeul yelled. “Can we take her out again then?” Her father nodded, but he lightly pulled my arm inside, whispering to me.

“Who’s the other one?” He asked with a stern voice.

“He’s my best friend, Sandeul. He’s really nice.” He called Sang Ki back, pushing her out the door.

“What is happening?” She asked, confused since her father pretty much just locked her out. He probably wants her to stay happy rather than alone for the day. I have no problem with that, I like hanging out with her. She’s fun.

“We’re kidnapping you!” Sandeul said in a menacing voice. “With your father’s consent of course haha.” She smiled.

“Really?” Sandeul happily nodded. I wonder what we should do. They linked arms as we started to walk. Sandeul is always so friendly and comfortable around girls…He said he’s never even liked one before! If only I could be like that with Gongchan; very friendly and cheerful…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come on Jinyoung!! Seriously...don't you get that you don't really like Gongchan all that much by now? I mean really...Anyway, so now Sang Ki knows that Shinwoo likes her and she's being friendly with Sandeul too. Sandeul has picked up on Jinyoung's caring natural towards Sang Ki. What can happen next?

If you have anything to say, feel free to do so~ ^^