Do I Like Hugging Cute People?

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

“How’d you get this?” she asked. Think fast!

“Didn’t you send it to me?” I played it off.

“I don’t think so. Let me check.” She reached for her own phone, which I grabbed before she could get it.

“I’ll check real quick.” I pressed some buttons. “See, it’s right here.” I showed her, speedily deleting the text before she saw the date or time it was sent.

“I guess I really did then… Oh well. What do you want to do now?” Good thing she didn’t think about it too much!

“I don’t know~ What do you usually do?”

“Hmm. I like to draw sometimes. I can show you my sketchbook.” She brought a little book out. “I’m not a great artist, so don’t judge.” She opened the first page to a beautiful flower. My mouth literally dropped in shock.

“How is this not the work of a great artist?!” I yelled in surprise.

“Pssh. What are you talking about~?”

“Seriously! This is just…beautiful! What else have you drawn!?” I flipped to the next page, seeing a detailed drawing of a bird. “You’re amazing!”

“Oh stop~” She joked.

“Really! You should be an artist or something, these are just amazing.” I said as I looked through the rest of the book. There were only a few drawings, but they were just jaw-droppingly stunning.

“Wah~ Comments like that can make me blush, stop~” She really was starting to blush. Hehe, how cute.

“You know they look amazing, right?” I started teasing her.

“Thank you~” She smiled with pink cheeks.

“Wah! You’re so cute today!” I pinched her cheeks. They immediately turned red. “Just too cute!” I ended up hugging her.

“J-J-Jinyoung-ah!” She stuttered. I would have let go, but I think I may just have a thing for cute people, like Gongchan and Sang Ki.

“Yes~?” I asked.

“Y-You should let go.” Her face was getting so red.

“I really like cute people and don’t want to let go.” She instantly shoved me away. “Eh~ Stop being so cute, it makes me want to hug you more.” She looked away with bright red cheeks.

“I-I’ll be right back.” Once she left the room, I came back to my senses. W-What the hell was I just doing?! She was just too cute…i-it wasn’t my fault! Well at least she wasn’t sad anymore; I guess that’s good then. Oh yeah, back to observing!

 

Soon she came back in, her face back to its lighter color. “So Sang Ki-ah. You still didn’t tell me who you like.” I said.

“And I don’t plan on it either.” She sat next to me.

“Yah~ Don’t be like that~”

“Then tell me yours.”

“…No.” She laughed.

“Don’t expect me to say who I like then.”

“Well, I have a hunch. Is it Shinwoo-ah?” She snickered a little. “Then is it someone in our class at least?” She nodded.

“Is yours in our class too?” I also nodded. “I’ll find out for sure!” Like you’d guess it was Gongchan…but who else could she like in our class? I think she’s just lying to me, it has to Shinwoo! There’s no one else it could be! “Hmm. You said you really liked cute people. There are only a few of those types in our class.”

“That doesn’t mean I have a crush on the cute ones.” Before…why did I hug her like that? I…don’t think I have a problem, I’m not the type to impulsively hug cute people. Maybe because I wanted to hug the cute Gongchan, then I hugged Sang Ki because I thought that’s how Gongchan would act?? Does that even make sense…?

“But you most likely do. Anyway, how was I being cute? I don’t get that.” I laughed.

“You’re just cute.” I smiled. “It’s not something you get~”

“Well you’re cute too then.”

“What? How so?”

“You just are. It’s not something you get~” she mocked. We both laughed.

 

“So besides art what are your interests?” Back to observing. She shrugged her shoulders. You’re not making this easy are you? “We should do something.”

“We can eat this food that I purposely brought to eat.” She said as her stomach growled. I was starving too. Food comes first, then observation. I picked up a…chip?

“What are these things?” All the foods looked weird and foreign.

“Ah sorry, my mom is a real health freak. They’re all good for you, they don’t taste too bad either.” She said eating whatever it was. I tried one. “Not bad, right?” It tasted horrible.

“Well I wasn’t that hungry anyway…” I said. She laughed.

“At least try one of everything.” She held out something to me.

“No thanks…” The first one was so gross…who would eat the second thing?

“Come on~” She held it up to my mouth.

“Are you trying to be cute?” I asked, pushing her hand away.

“Is it working~?” Ugh, why is she like this……it really is cute.

“No means no.” She kept pushing it toward me. “Ugh, fine!” I ate it.

“Have another~” This girl…she just kept feeding me these gross things. After a while they didn’t even taste like anything! How does she eat this stuff…? “See. They weren’t that bad!” She smiled. I feel like she didn’t want them either and was just trying to get rid of them by force feeding me… Whatever makes you happy~

 

My phone rang this time. “Hello?”

“Where are you? You’re not back yet…” It was Sandeul.

“I’m at Sang Ki-ah’s house, sorry.” He gasped.

“What!? Really!?” He asked excitedly. “Wait. No! She should be hanging out with Shinwoo-ah!”

“Why? I can’t hang out with my friend?”

“You should be hanging out with Gongchan-ah! Duh! How do you not get that?!”

“Haha, I guess I’ll come home soon then.”

“Well…you don’t have to. You wanted to “observe her,” right? Have fun with that…knowing that your BEST FRIEND, who came HOURS from his home, just to see YOU, is waiting ALL ALONE at your house. JUST FOR YOU. Yeah so, have fun, alright?” He hung up. Ugh…guilt.

“I have to go now. Sandeul’s being a little kid and is guilting me because I’m here even though he came just to visit me.”

“Aww really?” I don’t want to just leave her, especially not after everything that’s happened recently.

“Do you want to come with me?” I asked her.

“Hm? Wouldn’t I just interrupt your time with your best friend?” She joked.

“No! You should come!” I insisted. She looked a bit hesitant.

“Ok then.” She gave a slight smile. “Let’s go.” We walked to her door when her dad noticed us both leaving.

“Where are you two going? It’s almost 9 already.” He said.

“I’m going over to Jinyoung-ah’s for a while. See you later.”

“What!?” He looked shocked and then he smiled ecstatically. “Jung Jinyoung, may I have a word?” He motioned for me to come over.

“Yeah sure. Wait outside for me, ok?” I told her. “What’s up?” I asked her dad.

“How did you do this!?” He smiled. “It takes me a whole year to make her go back to normal and you make her smile in a few days! Listen. Take Sang Ki to you house today and have fun, ok?” Have fun? The way he said that…

“Sir…are you trying to imply something…?” I couldn’t help but let my mind wander around his words.

“What?”

“You sound like you want me to…do something ual…” His eyes widened as he slapped my arm.

“That’s not what I meant! I literally meant have a fun time! Don’t you dare touch my daughter like that.” He ended on a serious note.

I went outside. Sang Ki was waiting still. I half thought she would have just left like the other day, but she’s doing better now. She’s smiling and seems happy again.

“So are you sure I won’t be a bother?” She asked while we walked.

“Of course not; you’ll probably make everything more fun.” I smiled. I hope Sang Ki stops thinking about that whole incident. It’s already sad for something like that to occur, but if you think about it, the victim never forgets, they just have to continue on with life. I really want her to forget, but since that doesn’t just happen, I hope to help her get over it or move on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aww Jinyoung is so unconciously caring for Sang Ki!! >< He's even thinking she's cute every now and then! I wonder what'll happen at Jinyoung's house~

If you have anything to say, feel free to do so~ ^^ I'll post the second chapter of the day later~