You're Too Adorable.

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

 

“Aigoo~ Has someone run out of money~?” Sang Ki teased me.

“I know I have more!” I checked my pockets.

“Just admit that you lost and let’s go.” She laughed.

“No! I have to win. How can you win against a boy in a shooter game?”

“Hmph. How ist, just like Gongchan-ah…” she mumbled. Ah. That’s right! I was with her to get Gongchan’s trust, not play with her!

“Ah yeah…let’s just go.”

“You’ve lost your “passion to win” now?” She smirked, holding up a coin. “And I even had one left.” I snatched it.

“Well, if you insist.” We laughed as I put it in the machine. This is serious now. I can’t lose to her! ‘Game Over, Player 1 Wins.’ I sighed. She patted my head.

“Aww, it’s ok.”

“What am I, a little kid?!” I snapped at her. She laughed while checking her phone. Her eyes widened a bit. Hm?

“It’s past 10:30.” She said, shocked. Oh God. Her dad was pretty serious too.

“Let’s run.” I grabbed her hand, pulling her out the door, running. Don’t tell me I just lost the fathers trust for an arcade game! We ran through the streets together. I hope he’s not too mad, I thought as we approached her house.

We rang the doorbell at the same time, or fingers touching. I don’t think she noticed since she was so panicked. Her dad answered the door, completely glaring at me.

“I’m so sorry!” I said, apologizing. He pulled Sang Ki in by the arm and slammed the door.

Oh God…What did I just do?! I don’t know if he’s the violent type, but he didn’t look like the pleasant type either.

 

Sang Ki POV

“DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?!” My dad yelled the second he closed the door.

“I’m sorry! We were at the arcade and we lost track of time and I’m sorry!” I pleaded with him.

“And I even thought that boy was trustworthy! I expect you back home right after school every day from now on!”

“Dad!” I yelled as there was a bang on the door. My father opened it.

“It was my fault sir; don’t yell at her for no reason.” Jinyoung said, putting his foot in the doorway as my father tried to slam it shut. “I’m the one who held her up, so yell at me if you must.”

“You!” My father couldn’t say anything back to that.

“You can even hit me if you would like, but don’t yell at her.” Jinyoung said confidentially.

“Ugh! Just leave!” My father was fuming.

“Don’t get upset at her.” Jinyoung said simply. “If you get violent or threatening, I can take her away if necessary.” What the hell is he saying now?!

“What?! Are you her boyfriend or something now?”

“No, just a friend. I don’t think I have to be a boyfriend to care about her.” He said, angering my dad farther. My mom came over.

“Honey, don’t get so upset.” She tried calming my father down. “She can have friends that are boys and stay out every now and then on a Friday night.”

“But!”

“It’s ok.” I rolled my eyes. My dad is such a little kid. But, I didn’t think Jinyoung would do something like this. My dad sighed.

“Just leave for today.”

“I can only leave if you--” Jinyoung started.

“Not you. You. Go.” He said to me.

“W-What?!” I stuttered. Are you being serious?!

“I said go with him. Maybe it’ll help me accept your friends that are boy knowing that you can come back safe tomorrow.” My mom, Jinyoung, and I were all shocked at this sudden surrender.

“Ok then. Let’s go.” Jinyoung said. My father pushed me out, closing the door. W-What just happened? “I didn’t expect that when I knocked on the door.” Jinyoung scratched his head.

“Y-Yeah…I’m sorry about that…” I said as we walked.

“Why? It was my fault. From what I could hear from outside, I thought he might hurt you so I just did what I should have.” Jinyoung’s a really nice guy. “Anyway, you can stay at my house tonight, ok?”

 

Jinyoung POV

That was so unexpected! I really did think he would hit her, so I banged on the door. I thought it was all my fault and didn’t want someone to get hurt because of me… but thank you Sang Ki’s dad! So many friendship building things can happen at a sleepover!

We walked to my house, entering.

“Jung Jinyoung! Why are you so la--” My mom stormed over, stopping in her tracks. Oh God…not now… “OH MY GOD!” She flailed around. Sang Ki laughed.

“Mom…” I groaned.

“Who are you~?” She asked Sang Ki.

“I’m Sang Ki, nice to meet you.” She said formally. My mom hugged her immediately.

“Thank you for coming!” Ugh…I peeled my mom off, leading Sang Ki to my room.

“What here for a sec, ok?” I went back to my mom who was in her own world right now. “She’s just a friend. Under special circumstances, I’m letting her stay here tonight. Don’t believe that anything will happen. Don’t bother us and stop acting…like that.” I pointed to her, stupidly smiling at me.

“Jinyoung! I’m so proud; you finally got yourself a girlfriend!”  Does she not listen at all?! I felt Sang Ki walk up behind me.

“Sorry, I’m not his girlfriend, but please let me stay today.” She said with a smile.

“Of course! You two go talk or hang out or whatever. I’ll get you some dinner, I doubt you ate any.”

“Actually we did; thanks anyway.” I said, taking Sang Ki back to my room. “Sorry about all that. She’s just excited.” I explained.

 

“Haha no problem, do you not bring many girls home?” she asked. I scoffed.

“Of course I do, all the girls just looove talking to the nerd~” I said sarcastically. She laughed.

“Why not? You’re a really nice guy, at least that’s what I think…” She looked down. Friend points: +1

“Really? And you don’t think I’m a nerd?” I asked.

“Not really. I never thought you were a nerd, I always thought you were really funny.”

“What? Don’t you remember all those stupid things I did in class? I’m a total nerd.” All those dumb things Baro made me do just so I could keep him quiet about my crush on Gongchan.

“I really thought it was funny.” She sat on my bed. Really? I thought everyone just thought I was a geek. I guess not every single person. “Well do you think you’re a nerd? You’re not that weird, or ugly, or annoying. So you must be normal haha.”

“Am I not ugly?” I joked.

“Tch, how are you ugly? You totally gorgeous!” I laughed.

“Oh stop~” I sat down next to her.

“What~? Really, you’re cute and funny. How can you be a nerd?”

“Am I really cute?” I don’t think anyone has ever said things like this to me before.

“Obviously. Don’t you own a mirror?” She smiled. Am I seriously 'gorgeous' as she says? Doubt it.

“Don’t lie…”

“How am I lying?” She pinched my cheeks. “You’re too adorable.”

“OH MY GOSH!” My mom squealed. “You two are so close together and Jinyoung’s even blushing!”

“MOM!” I yelled, embarrassed. She ran away quickly. “Ahaha…” I awkwardly laughed. “I’ll be back in a minute.” I speed walked to the bathroom.

 

Oh God. Now that I realized it, I had naturally leaned very close to her during our conversation because I was interested and my face was starting to tint red when she pinched my cheeks and from her rain of praise, calling me cute.

What is happening…It’s just because my mom mentioned it. Nothing would have happened otherwise. I only have feelings for Gongchan. That’s why I’m acting like this towards her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like Jinyoung is really competetive, but also really sweet! He technically rescued Sang Ki! Thank you Sang Ki's father~ I wonder if he really blushed from her praise or...  And his mom is all cute too ^^

If you have anything to say, feel free to do so~ ^^