Can You Not Make Me Misinterpret The Situation?

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

Gongchan POV

“So this tutor is a girl!? You just asked her to tutor you so you could stare at her, didn’t you!?!” My father asked.

“No! I’m not even really friends with her…” I replied.

“So this is just some random girl?! She could be serial killer for all you know!”

“Oh dad, she’s a nice girl.” The doorbell rang. He sprinted for the door and opened it before I could stop him.

“Ah. Hello. My name is Sang Ki; I’m here to tutor Gongchan-ah.” I heard her say.

“Is that so?” My dad crossed his arms. “And what is your math grade?” he asked her.

“It’s 96%.” Is it really?! Dang! She’s super smart! I went over, getting in front of my shocked father.

“Sang Ki-ah~ Come in.” I pulled her by the arm to my room. “Sorry about that…My dad’s kind of weird.” She smiled.

“Nah, it’s ok. So we should focus on synthetic and long division today. She started getting her books out. Now that I look at her, Sang Ki is pretty cute. She’s not gorgeous or anything, but she’s definitely not ugly. Ah. I should focus on math!

I didn’t quite understand the problem and she explained to me. Rather than listening, my eyes went to the door, where I could see my dad peeking in with a creepy smirk.

“I’ll be back in a minute.” I said to Sang Ki, going towards my dad who had run away.

“Dad! Could you leave us alone! She’s not a serial killer if that’s what you think!” I yelled at him.

“You should bring her over again! She seems nice and she’s got a good grade too!” I sighed.

“Yes yes.”

“She’s not even ugly! You should definitely bring her again!”

“T-That’s not why I asked her to tutor me!” I went back to Sang Ki. I looked in the room before entering. She is pretty cute. Aigoo, I shouldn’t be thinking like this~ I smiled, sitting next to her.

 

We studied for a while. I could still sense my father sneaking quick glances every now and then. “I think you’ve got synthetic division down.” She checked her phone. “It’s getting late, I should go for today.” We both stood up. My dad ran in.

“You can always stay over!” He exclaimed.

“Ah no! Really, I should just go.” She smiled.

“Geez dad! Don’t ask a girl for those kinds of things!”

“Ah! I didn’t mean anything bad! Well…anyway, it was nice to meet you. You should come again to tutor Gongchan, ok?” She smiled.

“Of course! So I’ll see you on Monday?”

“You should at least walk her home Gongchan! It’s already late.” My dad yelled.

“Ah, it’s fine.” Sang Ki said.

“No, he’s right. Let’s go.” We left. “Once again, sorry about my dad. He’s just excited that you came to help me.”

“Haha it’s no problem. He seems nice.”

“So where do you live?” I asked.

“This way.” She led me about ten minutes away from my own house.

It’s not too far. Good to know. “Well, see you on Monday!” I went back to my own place.

“So~? You two should be better friends.” My dad cooed as I came in.

“Dad, don’t be like that. I barely know her.”

“I said to become friends. You should listen to your father.” I sighed, going to bed. She does seem nice…Maybe I should get to know her better. I wonder if she has anyone she likes…..Ah. What am I thinking about?! I just want to be her friend if anything!

 

Jinyoung POV

“Jinyoung!” I kept hearing screams. “Jinyoung!” Stop shaking me… “Jung Jinyoung! Are you alive?!”

“What! I’m alive, okay!” I yelled at my mom.

“But you were unconscious at your desk.” She said frantically.

“So you mean asleep?” She thought for a second and then smiled.

“Ah~ Sorry~ But what were you doing? There were a lot of beakers.”

“Trying out an experiment. I still need to work on it.”

“Wah, no! You should be more social and go out today! It’s Sunday, but you want to sit inside? No!” she yelled How bothersome… I ate breakfast and dressed in my everyday clothes. “That’s not gonna impress any girls.”

“I’m just going out! I don’t need to impress girls!” I yelled.

“No~ My son needs to get a girlfriend someday and that day can happen anytime!” My mom doesn’t know that I’m biual or that I’ve liked Gongchan since freshmen year. You think she could have realized in the past two years… But I’m not necessarily against girls, thus the root “bi” but I do have a tendency to lean more towards men.

“I’ll just go like this…” I said. She pulled me back to my room.

“No no no! You should wear this instead!” She picked out all these tight clothes that she had bought me before, but I had never worn. She just about had to force me into them. Ugh…these pants are so tight! Why do girls like it when guys wear these!? “Ok! Don’t come back until you’ve at least talked to a girl!” She pushed me out the door.

Yeah, because so many girls would just line up to see the nerd.

 

Sang Ki POV

“Please look around!” A store employee said. I came back to the show store from yesterday. I didn’t get much of a chance to try any on yesterday since I went to Gongchan’s, but today is different!

I walked around, not really finding anything cute. I left the store, a bit disappointed.

 

Jinyoung POV

I sat on a bench near a mall. I just have to talk to one girl, right? My mom’s the type who can see through every kind of lie, so as long as I talk to one, it should be fine. I looked around at all the girls walking by. Some of them were cute, but they were all with friends and probably wouldn’t talk to me nicely.

Don’t any girls just come out alone?! As I thought this, I noticed a girl, alone. Yes! My chance has come. I quickly walked up to her.

“Hello.” I said. Her eyes widened a little.

“Yeah…hello.” She said. Oh it’s that girl from my class! The one trying to steal Gongchan!

“Umm…what are you planning on buying today?”

“Shoes…and you?”

“Nothing. Just walking around.” The conversation got awkward fast. I almost asked her about Gongchan, but restrained myself. As I was thinking of what to say, someone else came up to us.

“Sang Ki-ah. You’re cute.” he said to Sang Ki.

“So?” She retorted.

“It’s a compliment.”

“And?”

“And that’s it.”

“Ok.”

“Ok then see you.” He simply left. How weird.

“That guy…he's such a weirdo.” She scratched her head.

“Did you know him?”

“Didn’t you? He’s in our class. That was Shinwoo-ah.” My mind did not connect those dots. “He’s so obvious though.”

“About what?” I asked.

“Liking me. Even if I don’t look over, he’s always staring at me in class. He seems a bit shy and awkward, but I’ll admit his brave rashness is a bit cute.” She giggled.

“You don’t like him?” I asked, a little interested now.

“No. I…I like someone else.” She smiled.

“Who?” She hit my arm. “What was that for?!”

“You shouldn’t ask a girl that kind of thing!” She said, flustered. I guess so…if she had asked me; I would have never said Gongchan. Her phone rang.

“Hello? Gongchan-ah?” My ears perked at the mention of his name. She even has his number?! “Ah…today again? But we already did yesterday…” Why does this sound like a talk after a night of… “Yeah sure. So your place again?” It’s not like that Jinyoung, don’t think it is.  “Ok, be there in a while. Hm? Haha no I don’t care if your dad is there. It doesn’t make me nervous!” Gosh! They’re both so good at making simple conversations sound like ual talks! She hung up.

“Well then, I have to go now. It was nice talking to you!” She smiled and walked away. I couldn’t let her get away, not to Gongchan’s house alone!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just what does Jinyoung plan on doing to keep her away from Gongchan? And Shinwoo is so awkwardly rash! But Gongchan's dad- yes encourage your son! Jinyoung has liked Gongchan for 2 years? Looks like it's time to make his move.

Thank you to the people who have subscribed so far! (Sending Nam hearts to you even if he's not in this story! <3

If you have anything to say, feel free to do so. I'll let you know that I wrote a few chapters in advance and it's getting quite interesting~!