I'm Your Girlfriend. Don't You Remember?

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

We got to my house. “I’m home.” I called as we entered.

“Oh Jinyoung it’s…” My mom looked over. “Ah! Sang Ki!” She yelled happily.

“Yeah it’s Sang Ki-ah. Can she stay over again today?”

“Sure.” We went to my room.

“Stay her for a sec, ok?” I went back to my mom.

“Is it another emergency situation?” she immediately asked, interested.

“No, Sang Ki-ah’s been…going through a rough time lately and her dad asked me to have fun with her. And I just wanted to hang out in general.” My mom smiled wide.

“Okay~ Sandeul’s been waiting for you for hours by the way.” Oh yeah Sandeul! I went back to my room, seeing Sandeul and Sang Ki looking at something on his phone.

“And this is Jinyoung is the bath~” he cooed as she laughed.

“YAH!” I snatched his phone away. “What are you showing her?!” I looked at the photo…it was just a cloud…

“Hehe. Just wanted to mess with you. But you brought Sang Ki-ah? It’s like a real sleepover!” He jumped happily.

“Was it not real before?” Sang Ki laughed.

“No, we would just talk about our love issues and go to sleep, it’s not fun at all when Jinyoung’s got all the problems and I can’t say anything!” Sandeul complained.

“You two sound like girls haha.”

“Aren’t you always the one saying that basing things off of gender is ist?” I argued.

“It is, but that’s just how the world works.” I scoffed.

“It just works when you want it to, is that it?”

“No, it just doesn’t work when you want it to.” She smiled. Sandeul oo-ed.

“Whatever~ So what do you guys want to do?”

“I say…” Sandeul thought. “We should still talk about our love issues like usual, it’s actually pretty fun.” He’s totally just trying to help Shinwoo with Sang Ki, I can tell. Maybe I can find out who she likes.

“I second that.” I said. My mom suddenly came in.

“You kids should go to sleep now.” She said.

“What!?” Sandeul whined. “It’s only a little past 10!” She gave him a certain stare. “Well, I guess we should sleep then.” I can tell from there glances, she pretty much just said, if you want to talk about love problems soon, you should go to sleep. These two and their stare conversations…

We turned off the lights and all lay down on the ground with pillows and blankets. Sang Ki in the middle of us two.

 

“So what are your issues~?” Sandeul asked.

“Mine?” Sang Ki asked. “Umm…well I like this guy.”

“Oooo!” Sandeul got excited.

“Haha. I’ve liked him for over two years now. He’s really cute and funny. He’s kind of smart too, but he likes someone else.”

“Tch. How can he not like you? Who is this guy?” Sandeul asked.

“Like I would tell you~ So is there anyone you like?”

“Me? Uh, I think lots of girls are cute, like you’re cute, but I don’t have anyone special. Jinyoung has one though!” They both faced me.

“Ahh…I’ve liked this person for over two years also. They’re really cute, but they obviously like someone else and…pretty much don’t like me at all.”

“Aww…I’m pretty sure they don’t hate you.” Sang Ki said.

 

“So Sang Ki-ah! What do you think of Shinwoo-ah?” Sandeul suddenly asked.

Shinwoo-ah? …He’s a nice guy.”

“Is that it? You don’t think he’s cute or anything?” I think she likes Shinwoo.

“Uhh…he’s good looking and fun to talk to, but I don’t really know that much about him.” Hmm. I’m trying to see if she’s really lying.

“But didn’t you two go to the same middle school?” Sandeul interrogated her.

“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean you know a person just because you went to the same school.”

“I suppose so…Actually I used to go to the same middle school as Shinwoo-ah and you, but I didn’t even know you.”

“Really? I didn’t know you went to the same school. I guess that backs up my point haha.” This topic got boring fast.

 

“So, Sang Ki-ah…” I started. “Do you think you can get the guy you like to like you back?” She thought for a minute.

“I really don’t know… he likes another girl and if she starts to like him, I have no right to in. I just hope she’ll love him forever.” Sandeul smiled.

“Well aren’t you a sweetheart?” He cooed.

“Of course~ Would you try and break up a couple because you liked one of them?” She stared at Sandeul.

“I…don’t think I would?” He looked confused. “I’ve never really liked a particular girl, so maybe I would? I really don’t know.”

“With the girls you thought were cute, did you ever get jealous or mad when they were with another guy?” Sang Ki asked. I don’t think Sandeul has ever told me that he liked a girl. He thinks they’re cute, but he’s never said that he was serious about anyone…and he has a lot of girls who are his friends. I think it’s because he comes off with a player attitude, but in reality, he’s really just comfortable around girls.

“Never. I guess I’m a failure in the category of jealousy haha…”

“No, you just haven’t found that one girl yet.” Sang Ki smiled.

“And…what if I can’t find her…?” I’ve never heard Sandeul talk like this. When we talk like this, it’s always about me and Gongchan, I’ve never asked Sandeul how he’s felt about anything…

“You’ll definitely find her. And if you don’t, she’ll find you.” Sandeul smiled such a heartfelt smile. I’ve really never seen him like this. “So, Jinyoung-ah, about your issues. You should try and make her like you more.” I saw Sandeul smile. Probably because Sang Ki assumes that I like a ‘she.’

“That person definitely won’t like me…”

“Don’t talk like such a loser. You’re a great guy and can get her to like you for sure.” She smiled. If only it was actually that simple…the main problem is that Gongchan is a straight guy! And he totally likes you! Why is life so complicated...?

“Yeah Jinyoungie! Don’t give up!” Sandeul encouraged me. I sighed. How can I get Gongchan to look at me instead of Sang Ki? The only ways I can think of are all forceful and I don’t want to do it that way.

“What else is there to talk about~?” Sandeul thought. “I say we should start some prank calls.”

“You guys seriously do that still? What little kids.” Sang Ki mocked.

“It more fun when you’re older.” Sandeul defended himself. I do admit, they’re more fun when you’re older. “I say that we should prank call random numbers from each other’s cellphones.” We all agreed, sitting in a circle. “Who should we call first? I’ll just choose a number from my phone.” He put the phone on speaker phone and placed it in the middle of our circle.

 

Sang Ki POV

“Hello?” It was a guy. Sandeul motioned to me.

“Ah. Hello.” I said.

“Umm…who is this?” The person asked. Sandeul frantically waved his arms as a no.

“You’re girlfriend.” Sandeul gave me an approving thumbs up.

“Eh? I think you have the wrong number…”

“How can you say that honey~?”

“Really you have the wrong number.” I wonder who this is; they’re so serious. “I only like one girl and she doesn’t even have my phone number yet.”

“Yet?”

“I’ll get it to her eventually…wait. Who is this!?” he yelled. Sandeul was trying to hold in his laughter.

“I already said, it’s your girlfriend!” I yelled back. Jinyoung couldn’t help but start to smile now while Sandeul held his mouth shut to stop his laughter.

“Well what’s your name? If you’re her, then I’ll accept that.”

“My name…?” I looked to Sandeul. ‘Just say your real name, it’s not like he’ll know you,’ he mouthed.

“I’m Sang Ki.” There was a silence on the other end.

“W-Who are you really and how do you know...?”

“Know what?”

“That I like Sang Ki-ah.” What? Who is this?

“W-Who are you?” Jinyoung stared at a smug looking Sandeul, realizing something.

Shinwoo.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gah!! Shinwoo pretty much just confessed about liking Sang Ki in front of them all!! Did Sandeul plan this? He looked pretty smug about it all...And Jinyoung's never talked to Sandeul about his love life? Jinyoung...he's your best friend, you should ask him more! What's going to happen next?

If you have anything to say, feel free to do so~ ^^