My First Kiss?

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

Jinyoung POV

I knew she wouldn’t push him away. It made me a little sad.

“J-Jinyoung-ah…” She said. I turned to her.

“Yes?” I asked.

“C-Can you let go…?” I was still gripping her hand.

“Ah. Sorry.” I let go.

“It’s ok…” she looked deflated. “Thank you for before.”

“You should have just pushed him away. I told you that he wouldn’t stop until you said no.”

“Sorry…” I patted her head. She looked so sad. Was it that traumatic?

“It’s ok this time, but don’t be so nice. Guys will take advantage of you.” She finally looked up.

“Would you do that to the person you like?”

“Eh? What’s with that…? I…If I was frustrated enough, I might, but I don’t know, I’ve never been in that situation…” She frowned.

“Have you had your first kiss yet?” She asked, looking away.

“I’m saving it for the person I currently like. Have you had yours?”

“I…I have.” Really? How unexpected; she seemed like she had someone she liked. “It was in middle school, but I didn’t like him, I should have learned to push a guy away the first time around, then I could have rejected Gongchan-ah.”

“So it was forced?” I asked. She hesitated.

“…Yeah…” I ruffled her hair.

“If only I was there that time…but at least I could save you today.” I smiled, trying to make the conversation lighter. She smiled weakly, but her eyes still looked so sad. I don't think it was a huge deal, why is she so sad?

“So where’s your friend?” She asked.

“Ah. I left him with Shinwoo-ah. They were actually friends from middle school and I had a bad feeling so I just left.”

“I just don’t know what to say to Gongchan-ah the next time I see him.” She laughed fakely.

“I’ll try and help of course~” We walked back into school. Sandeul came up to me.

“Hm? Are you okay?” He asked Sang Ki. She still looked frazzled from before.

“Yeah.” She replied. I could tell she was still thinking about it.

“I’m going to take her home; you should go back to my house Sandeul.” I said.

“Actually me and Shinwoo-ah were going to hang out and catch up, see you later.” We left. She looks so…not depressed, but…I don’t know.

 

Sang Ki POV

Thank you, Jinyoung. Thanks to you I didn’t have to go through the same thing as last time. I know you did it as a friend, but thank you either way.

We walked, going to my house. “So are you really okay? You seem sad.” Jinyoung said.

“I’m fine…” My heart tightened. “But I really don’t know what to do about Gongchan-ah…”

“I already said; don’t think about it too much.” He smiled. How can your smile give me so much comfort? We got to my house.

“Well…I hope you have fun with your friend.” I tried to smile. I was still a bit shocked about everything that had happened today.

“Okay, see you.” He left.

 

Jinyoung POV

She looks really affected by this… It wasn’t too big a deal, I don’t think. Maybe it is for a girl. Well…actually I would be kind of awkward if that happened to me...but she...looks really affected? Hopefully she’ll be feeling better tomorrow. I got in my house, Sandeul was still gone. I sat around until he came back.

“Jinyoung!” He ran in, screaming.

“What?!” I yelled back, surprised at the sudden noise.

“I’ve got news  for you~!” He said excitedly. He sat down next to me on my bed. “So you know Shinwoo-ah. Well he likes Sang Ki-ah!” Really? I didn’t even think about that possibility. That’s probably why he stayed with me in the library the other day. “He’s liked her all this year so far! Wah! I’m all excited!”

“Haha why?”

“This way if Shinwoo-ah goes for Sang Ki-ah and she accepts, Gongchan-ah will be free for you to take! It all works out!” He spazzed about.

“I don’t think it’ll work like that. Shinwoo-ah is not horribly shy, but not the most outgoing and Sang Ki likes someone else.”

“Yah~ Don’t ruin the plan!” He yelled. “But I thought up something on the way home. Give me your phone.” I handed it to him without question. Sandeul makes the best plans. He looked through my address book for someone.

“Hello?” He called someone. “Yes, this is Sandeul, Jinyoung’s friend. Yeah! So I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with Shinwoo-ah on Friday. Oh, you have other plans… If you don’t mind me asking, who with?” He looked a bit surprised. “Really?! Oh well maybe another time then! Bye.” He hung up, grabbing my shoulders. “WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME YOU HAD A DATE WITH HER ON FRIDAY?!” He shook me back and forth.

“It’s not a date! It’s an observation period.”

“What?” He said with a judging look.

“I’m going to see all the things she likes and stuff so I can be her friend.” He shook his head.

“You’re so stupid…”

“Why? I think it’s a good idea.”

“Sounds more like you’re going to date her instead of Gongchan-ah.”

“What?! No!”

“You said you met the father?” I nodded. “That’s obviously what a potential boyfriend does and you…just ugh…” I don’t think it has to do with dating Sang Ki at all…

“But I’m only going because there’s something I want to check and I need to do it soon.” I said.

“What’s that?”

“The other day…due to various incidents I...started blushing…a lot...around Sang Ki-ah, but I should only be doing that around Gongchan-ah.” I spoke in segments.

“Well…not necessarily. But I suppose you can go check your whatever. But what kind of incidents were these, I’m just curious~” I told him about things like that board game, the icing, sleeping together on that night.

“Wah~ I know you don’t want her, so can I have her? She sounds so fun.” He smiled. “Ah, but then she’s Shinwoo-ah’s…oh well.”

 

Sang Ki POV

I went to school the next day. I entered the classroom, Gongchan was standing up, waiting for me.

“Sang Ki-ah, about yesterday--” he started.

“Please don’t do it again.” Jinyoung said. Gongchan turned to him.

“This doesn’t involve you.” He said.

“I was just telling Sang Ki-ah what she should be saying.” He smiled, coming over to me. “Isn’t that what you couldn’t say? You can’t say- go away?”

“Gongchan-ah, can we talk outside?” I asked.

“Whatever needs to be said can be done here.” Stubborn.

“Let’s go outside.” I feel worse saying what I need to in front of everyone.

“Just say it here!” He screamed.

“I don’t like you! Don’t do things like that again!” I shouted back. He pressed his lips into a thin line. The teacher came in, starting class before we could say anything more. I felt bad, but I needed to say it. I can’t have anything like last time happen again. Not again.

 

Jinyoung POV

Wow, she actually did it. And she even screamed it. I wonder what Gongchan’s going to say now. I hope he stays away from her. I noticed Sang Ki and Shinwoo passing notes, they get along well, don’t they? Sandeul said Shinwoo likes her. Maybe they’ll become a couple and I won’t have to worry about her and Gongchan.

Class ended and Gongchan quickly went up to Sang Ki. “I’m sorry, but I can’t just stay away from you.” He said. I darted over.

“I’m sorry, but…find yourself another tutor.” She said coldly. She walked out without even looking at him. Whoa, I didn’t expect her to be so icy. Maybe she just doesn’t want any lingering feelings from him. Gongchan ruffled his fingers though his hair.

“It’s ok, girls come and go.” I said. He glared at me.

“Says the guy who stole her away.” He said distantly, walking out. And just how did I steal her away?! He’s probably just upset that she rejected him. I hope he gets over her or…ah! I should comfort him as a friend and then we can become closer!

 

Gongchan POV

I am so stupid. Why did I have to get so aggressive on her suddenly? I rubbed my head. Now she completely hates me. And that Jinyoung! Why does he have to get in the way?! He keeps butting in when I’m with Sang Ki! Ugh!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really wonder what this thing Sang Ki keeps referring to is. Something about middle school? So Jinyoung knows that Shinwoo likes Sang Ki, but still doesn't know who she likes. Hmm. Poor Gongchan...I suppose you can say he deserved it, but not like that... and Gongchan sees Jinyoung as a nuisance? Haha how funny.

If you have anything to say, feel free to do so~ ^^ Double updating again today! Hope you stick around to see what happens next!