I'm Your Boyfriend!

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

“Have you seen Sang Ki around today?” I asked Gongchan before class started. He shook his head, but I saw a group of guys staring towards us, whispering and chuckling silently. What’s with them?

The teacher came in and we started our lesson. My mind was on Sang Ki… I went over to her house after school, thinking that maybe she was sick. No one was home…or maybe no one answered the door. I swear I heard a noise from inside. I called her on her cell phone, getting no answer, but also hearing nothing from inside either.

I decided to just go home. Hopefully they’re just out right now…

The day passed, me sitting in class without Sang Ki again. That same group of boys chuckled quietly again, hearing me ask Gongchan if he had heard anything about Sang Ki. They know something. I let it slide another day; hoping that these random idiots weren’t involved.

 

Another day. No Sang Ki again. I talked to Gongchan as usual, slamming my palms on my desk when I heard a snicker from those guys. “What? Why are you laughing every day?” I asked, approaching them. One burst out laughing.

“You think Sang Ki-ah’s gonna be coming back right now?” One said with a huge smile.

“Why? What’s wrong with her?” They all snickered.

“No reason~” I grabbed ones collar

“Tell me now.”

“Whoa~ Someone’s mad~ Look at his glare!” I tightened my grip on him, pulling him closer. “Hey, everyone! Look. The nerds mad that his friend is probably sitting around crying in her house~”

“What? Why would she cry?” I asked; my voice furious.

“Don’t you know? Sang Ki-ah always gets messages around this time of year. From her lover~”

“Lover? She doesn’t have one.” No one except me. They chuckled.

“Someone always sends her stuff from her .” The sneered again. It’s obvious that it’s you guys. I threw him backwards, letting him land in his buddies arms as I walked out. No wonder she hasn’t come. They must be joking around, pretending to be that . I’ll make sure to set them straight later. First, I need to find Sang Ki.

 

“Sang Ki.” I knocked on her house’s door quickly. “I know you’re home; open the door.” I saw her little sister in the window. “I see you.” She was shocked and pressed her face to the little window next to the door. “Please let me in. I know that Sang Ki is hurting right now and want to help her.” She bit her lip, hesitantly opening the door. “Thanks Eun Gi.” I said, making her smile before I went to Sang Ki’s room.

I opened the door, seeing her asleep with her phone in her hands. I closed the door, sitting on the bed’s edge. I slid my fingers along her cheek, wiping some old tears away. I took the phone, looking through the messages. These…these are just disgusting.

Sang Ki~ Where are you~? Come to the place we always met, ok, honey~?

Why didn’t you come? Are you meeting another man?

You know I hate it when you talk to other guys.

Don’t make me come over there.

Come.

I miss you~

I loooovvveee you!

Are you avoiding me?

I’ll make it hurt next time if you don’t show now.

Why aren’t you here?

C’mon sweetie!

I didn’t mean for it to hurt so bad last time!

Well, yeah I did.

But, I love you!

Come!

You know you can’t wait to see me!

Oh. I heard you are friends with many guys at school.

Abandon them before you get hurt.

By me.

Why aren’t you coming?!

You don’t love me?

I love you though…

You’re avoiding me?

.

Dirty .

Sleeping with men.

Only knowing men.

Laughing with them and not me.

Why aren’t you coming?!

I miss you!

The messages kept repeating one after the other. They were still coming in as I read the older ones. I didn’t read too many horrible ones, but I know they were all hurtful to Sang Ki. Another message came in, making the phone beep. I looked at Sang Ki, reading it myself.

Some guy asked about you today. Don’t you dare talk to another man. Be mine. No, don’t be mine; you already are. So why the hell aren’t you over here right now? Running away? I don’t think so. Come before I drag you over.

Tch. I replied, giving the person a piece of my mind. They waited a while before responding.

Who is this? Sang Ki? This must be a man.

You’re darn right it is. I replied, “This is Sang Ki’s boyfriend. Don’t text her. Don’t call her. Don’t hurt her. She’s mine and mine only. I like her and she likes me. She doesn’t care for you; you idiotic school boys. If you want to mess with someone, come talk to me. I’ll give you hell.

No responses came back. I placed the phone back in Sang Ki’s hands. I her hair, wishing I came earlier. I kissed her forehead before leaving. They shouldn’t be bothering her anymore.

 

I got to class the next day; Sang Ki still not there. “Hey, Jinyoung-ah~” That group of guys called over to me. I glared, them circling around at my desk. “I heard that Sang Ki-ah has a boyfriend. Do you know who? You two are friends, right?” I stood up, about to tell them when the teacher walked in. We all sat down, getting through class.

I went over to those guys first after class. “Don’t bother her again.”

“Ooo~ It seems like someone knows about Sang Ki-ah’s boyfriend~” I rolled my eyes, about to say more when Gongchan came next me.

“Don’t bother with them, Jinyoung. They’re just idiots." They got up.

“Oh~ Maybe Gongchan-ah is the boyfriend.” They cooed, poking him around. I stepped in the way.

“He’s not, so leave him and Sang Ki alone.” I said. They just laughed more. I almost punched one right there, but then she walked in. We all just stared, a bit shocked that she showed up.

“Sang Ki…” I unconsciously said, her walking over to me.

“You. We need to talk.” She pulled me outside. I think everyone just stared as did I. To be honest, I was so surprised. But, was she mad at me? She dragged me outside the room. “You came over yesterday, didn’t you? I looked through my sent messages. Why did you write that? Why did you respond?!”

“I didn’t want them to bother you again.” She clicked her tongue.

“I obviously wasn’t going to reply, so why did you?!”

“You’re hurt and sad! I don’t want you to even start leaving school!” I yelled back. The people in the hallways stared, but I didn’t care. “Why are you so upset?! I did a good thing!” She scoffed.

“Good thing?! How was that good at all?! Now they’re just going to keep saying things and you got yourself involved too!”

“I was already involved from the start! I’m your boyfriend!” I shouted. People started to come out of the classroom and from the hallways to watch. “Why are you mad at me?! I didn’t do anything wrong! I was helping and caring for you! Are you trying to say that you want these types of people to harass you forever?!” She crossed her arms.

“Just stop. I don’t need you to make my decisions for me.”

“Sang Ki!”

“What?!” She yelled. One of the guys from before came over, putting his arm around her shoulders.

 

“Yeah, Jinyoung-ah. Don’t decide for her~ You were pretending to be her boyfriend over the phone yesterday? Wow~ The nerd’s got a crush, everyone!” A bunch of people started to laugh, but I just wanted to punch this guy now.

“Who do you think you’re touching?” Sang Ki growled, shoving him away. “He’s not pretending. He is my boyfriend.” She took my hand. “Don’t get into other’s business.”

“Wow~ You two were dating? I thought you were still seeing that on the weekends.” That’s it! I grabbed him by the collar, slamming him into the wall before striking him the face.

“Don’t talk anymore. You only say bull.” I heard a bunch of gasps, taking Sang Ki’s hand. “And you; don’t bother with these people. They don’t matter.” She smirked. I grabbed her into my arms, hugging her tight, giving her a kiss on the forehead. Some people awed, but the guy that I punched was fuming. He was about to strike me and I made sure to push Sang Ki out of the way, but then he stopped, his eyes widening.

I looked behind, seeing so many judging faces. “Wow. He’s bullying them for no reason.”

“They are cute and he just hurts Sang Ki-ah for no reason.”

“I can’t believe someone like that is in our class.”

“What a jerk.”

“He should understand Sang Ki-ah’s situation, not be a jerk.”

“She didn’t do anything wrong.”

Everyone started whispering things, just staring at him. “Whatever.” He walked off with his friends, who were hesitantly walking with him.

“Congratulations Sang Ki-ah!” One girl suddenly shouted. “I never knew you two were dating! Since when?!”

“Ah…” Sang Ki thought. “A few weeks ago, but I’ve liked Jinyoung since freshman year…”

“WAH! Really?!” The girls pulled her to them, squealing.

“I-I can tell you another time.” Sang Ki came back over to take my hand. “I want to spend more time with Jinyoung today.” She smiled, pulling me with her. I could hear a lot of people talking and some squealing, but Sang Ki kept walking, a smile on her face.