Are They Together Already?!

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

Sang Ki POV

I sat in my back at my desk the next day. That Gongchan guy said he wanted me to tutor him, right? I wonder how I should teach him; I’ve never been a tutor before…

Class started and the teacher just lectured on and on, all day long. The bell rang after the day ended and he left. As I packed up my things, Gongchan came over, loudly asking, “So, your place or mine?” My eyes widened as the majority of the classes.

“Sang Ki-ah, you’re too young to do those things!!” Some guys joked on the way out.

“Yah! Why are you phrasing it like that?!” I yelled at him, blushing. Even Jinyoung looked shocked! Don’t listen to them please!! Gongchan laughed.

“Library then?” He smiled.

“Yeah... Don’t say it like that again!”

“Ok ok.” He snickered while we walked out.

 

Jinyoung POV

WHAT?! Does Gongchan like her or something?! No! He can’t! Well I mean…he is a straight guy…geez what am I saying? But I doubt he’s attracted to guys. I probably have no chance at all…people can change right? Maybe I can make him change his mind. Gah! I’m such a messed up biual, trying to change someone because I like him!

But I am curious about his relationship with the girl. Her name was Sang Ki, right? She always looks into the club room when she walks by. I think she wants to join the club; maybe she’s embarrassed since we have no girls in the science club? Whatever, she’s not important, Gongchan is! I went to the library.

I saw them sitting at a table and hid behind a book shelf, taking a book, pretending to read while I listened in.

 

Gongchan POV

“So where do you want to start?” She asked me.

“I don’t know~” She sighed.

“I’ll just pick out a few questions from each chapter we’ve learned about so far and see where you stand.”

“Ok!” She started looking through the book and writing down questions. “In the mean time I’ll go look for some more books.” I got up. I should have gone to the mathematical section, but my feet found themselves walking to the literature shelves. I really like to write. Poems, essays, online stories, it doesn’t matter, I just love to write. I looked down the aisle, trying to find something interesting.

Ah! Is that…? It is! It’s the book I’ve been waiting for. It’s been checked out for a whole month! Now’s my chance! I reached for it, but I wasn’t tall enough.

“I’ll get it.” I heard Jinyoung say as he reached for it. I noticed he was on his tippy-toes, struggling. Pfft. He couldn’t reach either. Well it’s the thought that counts.

“Here, you bend down and I’ll stand on your back.” I pushed his shoulders down.

“W-W-What?!” He yelled.

“Shhh! This is a library~ Now get down.” He gave in, getting on hands and knees. They always can him the nerd in class, but I wonder why. It can’t just be because he’s in charge of the science club.

I stepped on his back, trying not to put too much pressure on him. I quickly took the book of the shelf, getting off of him. “Thank you!” I smiled.

“Y-Yeah…no problem.” He stood up, looking somewhere else. “Ok then, bye.” He quickly walked away. Ah! I should go back to Sang Ki!

 

Jinyoung POV

I leaned against a different shelf, covering my face. I-I can’t believe that just happened. Not only did I talk to him, but he touched me too!! At first I wished I could have actually reached the book and not looked stupid, but then he touched my shoulders!! Gah!! My face was getting red. Good thing I left, else he would have seen my face. “Phew~” I breathed out. Calm down. I peeked out from the book shelf.

He had sat back down next to the girl. She doesn’t seem to have any visible feelings for him. Good.

She handed him a paper and he started writing on it. What are they doing? I think she’s tutoring him. He could have asked me!! Well I guess I don’t have the best reputation, so he wouldn’t want to be around me. Plus Sang Ki is a girl; normal guys would prefer a girl tutor, right?

 

I stayed a while longer. “I don’t get it!” Gongchan yelled loudly. She shushed him.

“Don’t worry, I’ll teach you.” She smiled. She better not like him! She explained various things to him. It seems that she knows math well. I wonder how she is in science; she won’t beat me! Ah. Why am I getting so jealous just because she’s tutoring him?!

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I checked the new text message: Are you staying at school late again? I though science club already ended.---Mommy >x<

Does she need to sign it like that? She’s too old for those emoticons… I stared at Gongchan a second longer. I don’t think anything will happen today, I should go home now. I left, getting my bag from the classroom.

 

It was already so dark outside. I walked home, the streets were empty. “Oh Jinyoung-ah~” Oh God, it’s him again… I kept walking until I felt a sudden hit on my shoulder. “Yah~ Didn’t you hear me?” I turned to see Baro, this guy who has always bothered me since freshmen year. “Why so late today? Busy with Gongchan?”

He had already found about my crush on Gongchan. It’s his fault I’m known as the class nerd. He found out and then to shut him about my secret I had to do so many things for him. He would even make me do stupid and embarrassing things in class. He would make fun me so much in the class that everyone started seeing me as a nerd, but I don’t care. I just don’t want Gongchan to see me as a total nerd.

“Yah! Aren’t you going to answer?” He smacked the side of my head.

“I have to go.” I said, walking away. He grabbed my arm.

“You didn’t even answer. I didn’t tell your secret. So did you get together with him?” He smirked. “I heard him say he was going to see Sang Ki-ah today. Looks like our nerds got competition~” I slapped his hand away.

“He won’t like her. I’ll make sure of it.”

“Ooo~ Never knew our nerd had such anger on the inside.” I sighed, trying to leave, but he stood in my way. “So Jinyoung-ah? Have you ever made a pass at him haha?” He joked. So annoying. I left.

 

“You’re finally home!” My mom said as I walked in. “I was starting to get worried. Don’t come so late again, it’s already past 9 o’clock!

“Yes mom.” I went to my room, taking out my laptop. I should find a new experiment for next Thursday’s meeting. I’ve thoroughly tested all the old labs with the club members. I looked around online, getting bored quickly. Hm? What’s this? Tch, there was an article reading: How to make a real love potion.

Yeah right. What kind of crappy author wrote this experiment? I read through it. The author didn’t seem half bad. I looked through their other experiments, they looked pretty legit. I re-read the love potion procedure.

Maybe I should try to make it. I looked at the comments on the article. They say it really works. Mmm…I think I’ll try. It’s more plausible that a love potion works than Gongchan falling for me. May as well take the chance!

 

Sang Ki POV

It was fun tutoring Gongchan yesterday. I kind of wanted to today, but it was Saturday… Instead I went out shopping. I wanted to buy some new shoes’ my old ones are getting kind of worn out.

I walked around in a shop when my phone rang. “Hello?”

“Sang Ki-ah~ Can you tutor again today?”

“Gongchan-ah? How did you get my number?” That’s creepy.

“Well my dad wanted to make sure I had a good tutor and said I couldn’t go out until I brought my math grade up. So out of desperation, I begged my friend to ask someone in class who knew your number. Sorry if that’s kinda stalkery~”

“Uh…it kind of is… So do you want me to go over to your house then?” I asked.

“Yeah! My dad apparently NEEDS to meet you before you can help me anymore.”

Haha ok, what’s your address?” He told me and I wrote it down. “Okay, I’ll come around by four then.”

“See you then!”

I left the store; I guess my shoes will have to wait for another weekend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jinyoung's making a love potion? I don't think science can help you there Jinyoung...try your best though, ok? It's so cute how he gets shy from Gongchan's touch on his shoulders~ And Gongchan! Haha trying to make things sound dirtier that they really are with Sang Ki? What could happen when Sang Ki goes to Gongchan's house??

If you have anything to say, feel free to do so~ ^^