This Will Work. For Sure.

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

Shinwoo POV

Hm? They came together. Maybe they’re friends? I should talk to her more today and not just be awkward like I was before… Class started and Sang Ki zoned out as usual, but her expression looked different. She looked a bit worried.

 

 Jinyoung POV

They quickly sat down. BUT THEY CAME TOGETHER. AHH! He was even smiling!

Class started and I kept my eyes on Gongchan. He quickly glanced over, and then looked back in front. He’s probably creeped out after yesterday…

Class ended for the day and before I could stand up, Gongchan went over to Sang Ki. “We should go now…” He grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the room. What?! I threw my stuff in my bag and followed them. I could see Gongchan still pulling her by the hand down the hallway.

“G-Gongchan-ah, what’s wrong?” I heard her say.

“Nothing. Just come with me.” He must really like her! To drag her out of class like that…

I kept going after them. He finally turned. “Could you stop following us?!” he yelled at me.

“Ooo~ Looks like the nerds got a crush~!” Some guys in the hallway cooed at me. Ugh, they’re all staring.

“Since when was I following you?” I tried to play it off.

“Well today, and last night too.”

“Gosh Jinyoung-ah, don’t stalk her!” A girl squealed. HER? They think I’m after the girl! Yeah right!

“Just stop following us.” He walked away, still pulling her by the hand. Kids started to gather around.

“Jinyoung-ah, we knew you were a nerd, but a stalker? How funny!” They all laughed. Tch. I left before I could hear more.

Now everyone, including Gongchan thinks I’m stalking the girl! I don’t even care about the girl at all! Well…I can’t say at all… I did want her to join the science club since she seemed interested, but I don’t care about her in a loving way! Ugh! I kicked a nearby trashcan.

Why can’t things just go my way for once?! I sat down, leaning against the wall. How should I fix this? There are two scenarios:

1- I could make that love potion I found online and somehow get Gongchan to drink it. Then he’ll forget about the girl.

2- I could get to know the girl and slowly gain her trust, thus gaining Gongchan’s trust and then making my move.

Hmm…scenario 1 seems highly implausible since I’m pretty sure a love potion that works doesn’t even exist. So how do I get the girls trust? I mean she’s probably already thinking that I’m a stalker… I could ask her to join the science club! But she would reject now that I’m in this situation…

 

Sang Ki POV

“Gongchan-ah let go…” He was still pulling me along down the hallways.

“Ah. Sorry. I didn’t want Jinyoung-ah to keep following you…”

“Oh…thank you.” Is Jinyoung really stalking me…? I doubt he likes me, there’s no reason to like an average person like me. He must want something else…

“Anyway, I just want to get you home before he knows.” We left.

 

Jinyoung POV

Ah! I know! I can tell her that I’m after Gongchan so she doesn’t have to be worried. And then we’ll get to be friends and it can work out that way! No…then she might spread rumors and get me even more deplored by the school…

Aish. What can I do? Ah. I think I know.

I waited anxiously for the next day. I revised my plan of action in my head all night.

This will work.

 

Sang Ki POV

I woke up, getting ready for school. Gongchan was nice enough to walk me back yesterday. I had to convince my parents that he’s just a friend and that I tutor him in math. I walked outside, ready to go, when I saw Gongchan.

“Aren’t you ready yet~? I’ve been here for like 20 whole minutes~” He smiled.

“You should have just left!” I went over to him. “And why are you here anyway?”

“I couldn’t let my tutor get attacked by a stalker. How would my grade improve then?” He joked.

“Haha let’s go.” We got to class; everyone stared at us for a second.

“Well aren’t you two close~?” Some guys cooed. Jinyoung stood up, coming over to us.

“Can we talk?” He asked.

“I don’t think so.” Gongchan answered.

“I want to talk to Sang Ki-ah.”

“I guess…” I said.

“What?!” Gongchan yelled.

“She already agreed.” Jinyoung said. We went outside. “I didn’t mean to stalk you.” He said, explaining himself. “The truth is…I just wanted you to join the science club. You seemed interested, but I didn’t know how to ask you. And when I saw you the other day, I was going to ask, but you hit me and ran away…”

“A-Are you serious?” I asked. Who follows someone just to ask them such a small question?

“Yeah. I’m sorry if it came across differently…” He scratched the back of his neck, looking down.

“O-Ok then.”

“So will you join?” He asked.

“Umm…yeah, ok.” He smiled.

“You can’t take it back.” He made a cute expression. It made my heart melt! Why do I always think you are the cutest?! We went back inside. Gongchan eyed us from his seat. I sat down at my own desk. Class started. I couldn’t stop thinking about Jinyoung now. He wasn’t a stalker? Thank God. Joining the science club with Jinyoung? I’m so excited!

 

Shinwoo POV

Hmmm. She won’t stop smiling today. She was talking to Jinyoung outside before. Maybe he said something really nice? Rumor was that he was stalking her. I hope it was just a misunderstanding… Jinyoung doesn’t even seem interested in people like that. But that other guy, Gongchan has been hanging out with her recently! I hope she doesn’t start to like him. I better talk with her more soon.

Class ended. I got up; wanting to go talk to Sang Ki, but Gongchan was already there. He’s fast. He smiled at her, leading her out of class. Hmm. I’ll try again tomorrow~

 

Jinyoung POV

Why’s he so fast?! He already took her away! Today’s Tuesday, I shouldn’t involve myself with them until Thursday at the club meeting. I shouldn’t have, but I went after them.

“Sang Ki-ah! You need to fill out some paperwork for the club.” I ran up to her. Gongchan half glared at me. I have to get the girls trust before I can get his.

“She can fill it out another day.” Gongchan answered for her.

“I’m sorry, but I was talking to Sang Ki-ah and she has to fill it out today.”

“Ok, sure. I’ll see you later Gongchan-ah.” She came to the science club room with me. She’s so trusting already. This will be a piece of cake!

“Write your name, class, phone number, and the reason you wanted to join the club.” I can use all of those things to get closer to her. Not that it seems too hard; I got her to come here effortlessly.

She wrote it all down. “Ok then, see you tomorrow.” She was about to leave when I purposely bumped a desk, causing a beaker to fall to the floor, shattering.

She turned at the noise. I was already on the ground, picking up the shards. “Ah, sorry…” I said as she bent down to help me. The plan is going smoothly so far.

I deliberately picked up a shard with a bit of pressure. “Ah!” I winced at the pain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What exactly is Jinyoung planning? He's going to gain her trust before Gongchan's and he has a plan.

I feel like I should be including CNU more, but when I write, the story pretty much writes itself, even if I planned for CNU to be a main character, we'll see what happens~ And I kept getting interrupted in person by my family so I couldn't update when I wanted to :( But it's up now ^^

If you have anything to say, feel free to do so~