How Do I Do This...?

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

“Morning.” I called to her as she sat down, running in, just barely making it as always. Today’s Friday and I want to spend time with her today! Right after class ended I went over to her. “Sang Ki-ah! We should hang out today; it’s Friday.” I said as fast as I could. She pouted and shook her head.

“Sorry…” I let out an angry sigh.

“Can’t I talk to him?” I asked.

“I don’t know…”

“But I don’t even get to see you anymore! I should be seeing you more now!” I whined. I must have looked so childish, but I didn’t care.

“I’ll try talking to him.”

“I think I should be the one to do it.”

“No no no! I’ll do it!” She left quickly and I waited for her call the whole weekend. Why is it like this? Why is there always something stopping people from having happy relationships?! Hmph. She could at least let me come and talk to her dad…

 

I went back to school on Monday; Sang Ki didn’t show up. I called her after school, wondering if she was sick. “Hello?” It was a male voice.

“Hello? Is this Sang Ki-ah’s father?” I asked.

“Yes. What do you want?”

“I wanted to know if Sang Ki-ah was sick. She didn’t come to class today.”

“She’s fine. Hang up.”

“Ah wait! Sir, I wanted to ask you something.” He remained silent so I just asked. “Do you hate me or something? You seemed to trust me as Sang Ki-ah’s friend before…is it--” He cut me off.

“I didn’t know you had ulterior motives when you would come walk her home and such.”

“Ah…at those times I didn’t know that I liked Sang Ki-ah…I just realized a few weeks ago.”

“So you didn’t purposely try and make her like you?” I kind of wanted to say that she liked me all this time, but I ignored that thought.

“Yes. I was really just her friend before.” He thought for a minute.

“Ok. Goodbye.” He hung up. I sighed, lying down. I hope she comes back to school tomorrow…

 

I rested my head down on my desk, just watching the door. Come today. Let me talk to you. Let me hug you. I want to love you…

She didn’t come.

I sighed, getting my books out as we started class. I ended up doodling in my notebook until the classroom door slid open. “Ah, I was expecting you.” The teacher said. She came! I smiled brightly. “Well take your seat.” She walked past me with a small smile as she sat down. I tried not to look back since the teacher had noticed my sudden excitement and was eyeing me.

Class ended and I went over happily. “You came.” I said, trying to hide my excessive joy.

“Yeah. My sister had a performance at her school yesterday and really wanted me to come.” Oh…and I thought her dad was just trying to keep her away from me…ahaha, I feel stupid now. “But my dad finally stopped hiding my phone and he even said I could come home later like usual! I wonder what got into him.” She laughed. I guess my talk really did help! “What’s with that smile~?” she asked. I guess one came out from my thoughts.

“Sang Ki-ah.”

“Yes?” She asked. I couldn’t stop now; I just grabbed her into a tight hug. “J-Jinyoung-ah?” she asked, surprised.

“Yes~?” I sang.

“P-People are staring…” She said, hitting my arm to make me let go.

“So?” I hugged her tighter for a few more seconds until I let go. “You’re back; of course I would want to hug you! I can’t miss you?” I said, happily pulling her out of the classroom with me; ignoring glances from others. “Let’s go!” I happily cheered.

“Well aren’t you happy today?” She joked.

“Of course. You came back. I’m happy now.” We began walking home. We were about five minutes from her house when I interlocked our fingers, holding her hand. “Sang Ki-ah.” She looked at me with a smile. “Want to go to the park with me?” I asked. She nodded.

 

We went; I just wanted to spend as much time as I could with her before it got dark. We sat on the swing sets, just swaying around. “So…” she started. “We…we’re dating now, right?” she asked, making me smile.

“In my mind we are. What about you?”

“Of course~” We laughed, just talking about menial things until it was getting darker outside. “We should go.” She said.

“No~” We kept sitting, but she insisted.

“We should really go now.” It was now dark and the sky was turning to a black shade. I still didn’t want to go, but I stood up, putting my hands on the chains holding her swing up, trapping her into sitting there.

“We can’t stay?” I asked, leaning down to her face.

“That’s right. We should go now.”

“Will your dad be mad?”

“I don’t know…”

“Will he keep you from seeing me again if you got home late?”

“Maybe. How should I know?”

“If you say, yes, he’ll get mad and make me not see you again, I will do one thing and if you say, no, he won’t care, I will do another. So, what’s it gonna be?”

“…Yes, he’ll get mad--” I cut her off with my lips. “Mmm.” She wanted to say something, but I cupped her face in my hands. I don’t really know how to kiss a girl well, but she seemed to know what to do. She stood up, wrapping her arms around my neck. I was so confused on what I should be doing; should I be moving my lips a certain way? I know that I’m supposed to press mine to hers, but then I’m lost. I think she understood and took over.

She helped me try and get into a rhythm and took my unknowing hands, placing them on her hips. How does she know how to do this the right way? I was out of place as she continued. I was even beginning to run out of breath, not knowing when to take a breath while she knew. She broke our kiss, laughing a little at my awkward face.

“You need some more experience. Don’t worry, I’ll help you.” She took my hand, giving the palm a kiss. “It makes me happy though; that you can’t kiss well.”

“Y-You don’t need to point it out so obviously…” I said, blushing.

“How cute~” She pinched my cheeks.

“W-Well, I know more than you in some areas!” I yelled.

“Like?”

“Bed.” She looked away awkwardly. I say such stupid things sometimes… I cleared my throat. “I’ll walk you home.” Why did I even say that…? Idiot. “Well see you tomorrow.” I said as we reached her doorstep.

 

“Ah wait.” She grabbed my face, pressing our lips together.

“Mmm…” I still didn’t know what to do as she moved her lips over mine. I tried something, probably failing. I moved my lips, trying to go like her. She opened her eyes, both of us staring at each other until she pulled away quickly. “W-Was it that bad?” I asked nervously.

“No. You already got better. How surprising.” She said a bit astonished.

“Really?”

“Yeah. The way you moved your lips was good.” She said as I blushed a bit.

“I-I’ll try more later…” I said awkwardly.

“Well…see you tomorrow.” I was going to say yeah until I noticed a head peeking out from the window. Sang Ki turned to look. “Ah! Eun Gi!” She turned back to me. “Bye Jinyoung-ah. See you tomorrow!” She ran inside, pulling the girl. Haha, must be her sister.

Now that I think about it, I don’t really know Sang Ki’s family except for her dad. Maybe I should get to know them better soon. From my deductions, she has a little sister and parents.

 

Sang Ki POV

“Was that Oppa your boyfriend?” Eun Gi asked me as I pulled her from the window.

“Y-Yes, he was.” I said, a bit shy with the word boyfriend.

“Wah! He was cute, but the other Oppa you brought home was much cuter!” Does she mean Gongchan? Yeah, Gongchan’s cute too, but Jinyoung is much better looking!

“Ahem, Sang Ki.” My father came over. “I allow you to go see Jung Jinyoung on Fridays, but that’s it.”

“What?”

“I’m letting you have Friday’s together, don’t get selfish.” He said. My mom came over.

“Why are you bothering them? Sang Ki, you can go out with Jinyoung whenever as long as you keep your grades up, ok?” My dad looked at her in disbelief.

“WHAT?! ANYTIME?!” He yelled out. She shushed him.

“You can even stay overnight!”

“W-What?!” Me and my father both were surprised as she nodded.

“NO NO NO!” my dad followed shortly after. She smacked him in the head.

“Just don’t get too serious~” He sang, pulling him away with a smile. G-Gosh. Why is everyone suddenly talking about things like that… if the situation of comes up with Jinyoung…I’ll be fine if it’s natural at least, but he can’t even kiss that well. I don’t have to worry about that for a long time!