Why Did I Listen?

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

I opened my eyes, rubbing them until I was really awake. “Mmm~” I sat up. Sang Ki was still asleep. I smiled, lying back down next to her. I remembered my conversation with Sandeul; just because I can’t kiss doesn’t mean she’ll dislike me. At least I don’t think she will. I stared at her peaceful face. My eyes ended up focusing on her lips, but I tried to keep them at her eyes.

I think, even though I don’t necessarily need to kiss her, my brain kind of wants to. Why can’t I be one of those people who just know how to kiss? I’m the type who over thinks every little action… She stirred in her sleep. I got up again after pulling the blanket back over her. My mom should be back by now, right? She probably saw me and Sang Ki since we were in the living room to watch the movie.

I checked the door, looking for her shoes. Not there? Maybe she didn’t come back yet? I checked the time; wah! It’s only a little past four in the morning! I hate it when I wake up too early…but then it feels like I go extra sleep when I lie back down. I went back to Sang Ki, slipping back under the blanket, next to her. My thoughts began drifting again.

It’s totally fine if we never kiss for all I care. I-I don’t mind…my eyes went back to her. I hope she doesn’t mind either…because I don’t…I-I really don’t… She turned, moving closer to me in her sleep. I put my hand over hers. Of course, I would like to kiss her, but I don’t think I need to when I don’t know how to and I can show my feelings for her in different ways. Much better ways.

 

Sang Ki POV

I yawned, sitting up. I looked around, squinting my still-tired eyes. Where’s Jinyoung? I got up, bumping into his mother in attempts to find him.

“Wah! Jinyoung! She’s up!!” She screamed out. I was jolted awake by the scream and then her death hug. “Thank you so much for dating my son!!” She was suffocating me so early in the morning!

“Mom! Don’t kill her!!” Jinyoung yelled, rescuing me from lack of breath. “Good morning.” He smiled with big eyes. So cute~ “Come, I made breakfast.”

“You made it?” He nodded, pulling me to the kitchen.

“It’s nothing too great, but I hope you like it.” He sat me down, giving me an omelet with a piece of toast and an apple. I gotta admit, it was pretty good, but then again I only get that disgusting health food my mom makes almost every day… “Is it yummy?” He asked, sitting across from me with his face in between his hands and his elbows on the table.

“Yes~ Very very yummy~” I kept eating. He started laughing after a while. “What?”

“Pfft. Nothing.” He tried to hold in his laughter. Did I do something weird…? I kept eating. He calmed down after a while, then suddenly bursting into laughter.

“What?!” I yelled. He couldn’t stop laughing and just kept going for a few minutes until he could speak.

“Sang Ki-ah! You do realize that there has been something in your hair this whole time, right?” I brushed my fingers through my hair. There’s nothing though… “Let me get it~” He said affectionately. “I guess you didn’t notice, but…” He pulled out a flower from my hair.

“Wah. How did you do that?” I asked, excited.

“It’s a magic trick hehe. You’re pretty like a flower so they get jealous and try to hit you. I took it out before it got too jealous.” Jinyoung is so much sweeter to me than I should be getting…I’m not that pretty. He always says that I am, but I know I’m just average. “So, what do you want to do today?”

“Well, I should probably go home before my dad has a heart attack.” He laughed, but agreed.

 

“I’ll walk you home.” We went out, walking side by side. I noticed that Jinyoung kept smiling. “What’s so funny?” I asked.

“Hm? Oh, nothing.”  We silnently walked for a while, but I don’t know, Jinyoung’s random smile was really weird. It’s like he was beaming. “Sang Ki.”

“Yeah?” He started giggling to himself. “W-What?”

“Nothing.” He couldn’t stop smiling, but attempted to hide it. Did I say something weird…?

“Sang Ki~”

“What?” He started laughing again. I sighed, ignoring whatever this was. We walked until we were near my house.

“Hey, Sang Ki!”

“What?!” He started laughing again, making me so mad! “Whatever then! See you on Monday!” I stomped off into my house. Tch. What was so funny? Whatever. I went to my room. My dad waved awkwardly and my mom smiled as I went past them. I went to my room, trying to focus on something else, but I couldn’t keep my eyes away from my mirror.

There was nothing on my face or in my hair and I looked like normal. Why the heck was he laughing so much?!

 

Gongchan POV

“Morning.” Shinwoo said to me on Monday.

“Hey. How are you doing?” I asked courteously.

“Good.” Sang Ki and Jinyoung walked in together. I wonder if Jinyoung had confessed yet. I actually don’t feel that weird knowing that he liked me before. I don’t necessarily have anything against bi people, but I am most certainly not one of them. I guess I hope that she likes him then? I did have a crush on her, but it’s obvious that Jinyoung likes her a lot more than me.

Class started and I noticed that Jinyoung kept turning his head backwards. I glanced back, seeing Sang Ki taking notes. Hehe, Jinyoung’s got it really bad~ He can’t even focus in class haha. He shouldn’t make it so obvious though~

Class ended and Jinyoung was instantly next to Sang Ki. Wah! How does he even pack up so fast! They talked for a while, letting me join their circle to talk. “So, Sang Ki-ah, do you have someone that you like?” I asked, trying to help Jinyoung out. Jinyoung smiled wide. Maybe he wanted me to do that the whole time?

“I do.” She smiled to me before she freaked out. “Ah! I had to go home early today! I’ll see you guys tomorrow then.” She quickly left, giving me and Jinyoung the chance to talk.

 

“So, did you tell her~?” I asked. He kept his smile.

“Yes~”

“And? Did she accept? I know that she had someone that she liked before.” He laughed shyly.

“That was me and yes, she did accept.”

“Wait. The guy she has liked for two years was you?” He nodded happily. “Wah~ And you never noticed?”

“I did a while back and was really happy because I liked her.” What a perfect fix.

“So~ Have you two kissed?” He punched my arm playfully.

“What are you asking~?” Hehe. Since when did Jinyoung have a cute personality?

“Just wondering~” I joked with him.

“Just a few times, but…I don’t really know how to kiss a girl…”

“Really? Does she know how to?”

“Yeah…but I don’t think we’re the kind of couple who likes doing those things anyway.”

“That’s good then. By the way, I noticed something.” He cocked his head in wonder. “You started calling Sang Ki-ah by name.” He laughed a bit.

“I keep saying it, but I don’t think she’s noticed yet. The other day I did it and couldn’t stop laughing because she didn’t catch on, but then she got mad at me, thinking that I was laughing at her haha.”

“Well, that tends to happen haha.” Jinyoung is a pretty nice guy. I’m sure he’ll make Sang Ki happy~

 

Sang Ki POV

“Hello?” I got a call from an unknown number.

“Sang Ki~” who is this…? “I love you~ Come outside so we can play~” I could hear people snickering in the background and hung up. Tch. They called again, this time from a different number. “I just wanted to love you, why are you so mean to me?” I hung up again. Such hurtful jokes.

I got a text message from the same number. I loooooooovvvvveeeee you! I heard you liked someone else? Stop before I come after you.  Why do people find the need to do things like this? It just makes me want to cry.

Most people are nice to me and don’t bring up the past, but there are always those idiots who ruin it all. I just want to hurt them all.

My phone rang again. Jinyoung this time. “Hello?” I answered.

“Hm? Why does your voice sound so…down?”

“It’s nothing.” My phone beeped, showing that I had another call. “One sec, Jinyoung-ah.” Even though I shouldn’t listen, I switched the line real quick.

“Who were you talking to~? I hope it wasn’t another guy. If it was, you know what I’ll do.”

“Hang up now. I have someone important to talk to and you’re insignificant.” I heard a bunch of laughs. “If you call again, I won’t pick up because I don’t need to use my minutes on you.” I switched the call back over to Jinyoung. “Hello? Sorry about that.”

“Ah, no problem. I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out tomorrow. We don’t really have much homework this week, so…yeah.”

“Yeah, sure.” My phone beeped from a text this time. I sighed. “I’ll talk to you later okay!”

“Ok, bye!” I checked my messages. I hate reading these kinds of things, but I should be getting stronger now and should move on. It shouldn’t bother me to read these messages. I thought optimistically as I pressed ok to start reading as more messages flooded in.

I really shouldn’t have.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I haven't updated this story in a while and decided to today! ^^ Can you sense some drama~?

Oh yeah, and am I the only one who thinks Jason is working very hard right now for a bunch of...not bad, but not very good people? I feel like sp many people just complain when he does anything (there are people who are nice though) And this whole new feature system, hate to say it, but I feel like people are going to abuse it.

I mean, you can vote stories up, but I'm sure many stories that have anlready been featured and, if he keeps it, the advertised stories are just going to be voted up a lot and re-featured... I don't know. And he seems very stressed too... I just feel bad since I know he's working very hard...