Just One Petal? Cheap...

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

Jinyoung POV

Back to class~ Sandeul left over the weekend…it’s so boring at home now! I walked in, Sang Ki was already there, talking to…Baro? I think he might be the one she likes, but I’m not sure. I haven’t really seen them talk before this. They’re smiling. I’ll keep an eye open for how she acts.

 

Sang Ki POV

“Yeah, and then you multiply the 24 by the remainder.”

“Really, that’s it?” Baro asked, surprised at how easy math can be.

“Yup. If you need more help, you can just ask.” He smiled, leaving as the teacher entered.

“Ok, let’s start our lesson today.” Soon, a note hit my desk. Not Shinwoo again… I un-crumpled the paper wad, reading- Umm…Sang Ki-ah. This is probably weird, but can we meet in the library after school today? If you’re not busy of course! Haha, I just need some help in math! But if you’re busy, I can just ask someone else. Like Jinyoung or something haha.

Mmm…ok then. This isn’t Shinwoo's handwriting and it’s not Gongchan’s style either.

School ended and I headed for the library. “Sang Ki-ah, you really came!” Baro said happily.

“You need math help?” He nodded.

“I heard you were tutoring Gongchan-ah and was wondering if I could just learn with him.”

“Actually…I’m not tutoring him anymore, but I can still help you if you want.”

“Really? Thank you! Can we start today?”

 

Jinyoung POV

She’s secretly meeting Baro?! What?! I was seriously right with my guesses!? I hid behind a bookshelf in the library. They look like they’re just studying… I noticed that Sang Ki smiles different around certain people. With Sandeul she gives off a cute smile, with Baro a helpful smile, and with me…a warm smile? She seems to like Sandeul the best…

I kept watching. Why am I even watching anyway…? I sighed. If she likes Baro that fine, it’s just that…he’s a total jerk. I don’t want her to like him.

 

Sang Ki POV

“So do you get it now?” I asked him.

“Yeah! Can we do this again tomorrow?” he smiled.

“Sure~” We got up, leaving.

“So…do you live around here?” He asked as we walked. It was already dark outside.

“…Around here.” Sorry, but I don’t trust easily.

“Sang Ki-ah.” He said whispered. “I think someone’s following us.” I heard it too.

“Don’t look back. Keep walking.”

“I’ll walk you back home, where do you live?” we kept whispering.

“A few minutes away from here.”

“Ok, let’s hurry. Do you usually get followed?”

“…Not recently…” He stopped walking for a second.

“Ah, sorry…”

“No need to bring it up.” He was obviously referring to the past.

“By the way…do you like Jinyoung-ah?”

“W-What?” He scratched his head.

“It’s just that you…seem to be good friends. Jinyoung-ah doesn’t have very many friends, so you must like him then?”

“Let’s just go.” He stayed quiet until we made it to my house. My dad opened the door.

“Another boy? How many guys do you know!?”

“I was tutoring.” I turned to Baro. “Thank you for walking me home. See you tomorrow.”

“Ah, no problem. Do you…want me to walk you to school tomorrow?”

“Umm…no, that’s ok.”

“Oh, ok then.” He left, awkwardly.

“So first it was Gongchan, then Jinyoung, Sandeul, and Baro?” my dad joked. “Don’t you know any girls?”

“Guys can be so much easily to get along with haha.” I’ve never really talked to Baro, but he seems nice. Well he is kind of popular, he must be fun to be around or something.

 

Jinyoung POV

“Caught you!!” Someone grabbed my waist.

“AH!” I elbowed them in the ribs.

“Augh.” He clutched his stomach. “YAH! What are you doing?!” he yelled.

“What are you doing?!” I yelled back.

“So those stalker rumors were true then?” He laughed.

“What?! I was just making sure you wouldn’t touch her.” He frowned.

“You already moved on from Gongchan-ah?”

“Tch, when did I say that? I just wanted to make sure you didn’t touch her.” I repeated.

“So you like her then? Only guys who like a girl would do that.”

“I think her situation is a little different.” I said.

“I guess that’s true…but don’t creepily follow from behind! Just walk next to her if you’re her friend.” I crossed my arms.

“You talk as if you’re her friend.”

“Well…I just wanted a tutor, but who knows~?”

“Don’t joke. She’s too good for someone like you.”

“Oooo. Why’s that? She seems average.”

“You’re a jerk; I wouldn’t let her like someone like you.”

“So you do like her then?”

“Why do you keep saying that?!”

“You care for her, saying that other guys aren’t good enough for her. You must like her~”

“I’m just caring as a friend…and I just said you weren’t good, not all other guys.”

“Maybe I’ll try and charm her to prove you wrong.” He laughed walking away.

That idiot Baro better not touch Sang Ki just because he hates me.

 

Sang Ki POV

Another day, another class lecture~ I got to class, a bag on my desk. Hm? I sat down, looking inside. W-Who’s is this. There was a card.

Please accept my heart~

So embarrassing… there’s no name either… It had little candies and a flower petal inside. I turned the card over.

I felt doubtful giving you a whole flower because you’re much prettier than it. The flower would have gotten jealous and wilted. The lone petal feels no jealousy now!

Haha that’s kind of cute… I stuffed it in my desk as the teacher started our lecture.

School ended soon. Oh yeah, I have to go see Baro for tutoring. I met him there and we started.

“So I saw that bag on your desk this morning; was it a secret admirer~?” He joked.

“I guess so.” I laughed. “It was cute though.”

“What’d it say?”

“Nothing~”

“Oh come on~”

“Let’s get to tutoring!” I changed the topic.

 

Jinyoung POV

He’s serious about this…I saw him put the bag on her desk this morning. I watched them again, from behind the library bookshelf. I can’t believe he’s seriously doing this just to mess with me…It’s only going to hurt Sang Ki if she really does like him or if she starts to like him! I…don’t want to make her sad.

 

Baro POV

This’ll be a piece of cake. She’s already thinking it’s cute; I’ll just act all shy and tell her it’s me. That gets them every time! “So Sang Ki-ah, I was--”

“Sang Ki-ah!” Jinyoung came out of nowhere, with a smile. “Are you tutoring again?” He stood next to her.

“Yeah. You’re still at school?” He nodded happily.

“I didn’t want to leave you here alone.” That was just a way to disregard me, wasn’t it? “So, are you almost done?”

“Yeah, just about. We can do more tomorrow, right?” she asked me.

“Uh…actually can you explain this for me?” I smiled. She started explaining and Jinyoung glared, mouthing for me to leave her alone. I smirked. He titled his head and then smiled.

“Sang Ki-ah~” he hugged her around the neck, resting his head on hers.

“Y-Yeah?” She asked.

“Can we go~? You can tutor more tomorrow~” She bit her lip.

“Ok…let’s go.” She shouldn’t just choose him over me! I can’t let her get away if I want to win instead of Jinyoung. She stood up as I did.

“Uh, I can walk you home if you need.” Jinyoung took her hand.

“I’ll do it.” He smiled. “Let’s go.” He led her out. Jinyoung’s good. I don’t even think I’ve ever seen him act all…cute like this. I’ll still win over him; I will always be better than Jinyoung. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Jinyoung hates Baro and doesn't want Baro to get with Sang Ki ONLY because he's a jerk? Hmm. And what's Baro got against Jinyoung? He says he'll always be better; wonder if there's something behind that. And Sang Ki >< you better be faithful to your liking of Jinyoung!