Bunnies? I Can't Even...Just...No.

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

 

Jinyoung POV

I deliberately picked up a shard with a bit of pressure. “Ah!” I winced at the pain.

“Ah! You’re hurt!” She yelled at the blood flowing from my finger. “We should clean you up and then come back.”

“No, it’s ok. I should clean the room first, what if someone comes in and hurts themselves.” I kept picking up the glass.

“You’re right.” Hmph. Shouldn’t most people say, ‘No! We have to bandage it first!’ How strange. We kept picking up the broken glass placing in a trash can nearby. “Ok, good. Now for your wound. Let’s go.” She pulled me along with her.

“What are you doing?” I asked her. She was holding my finger, exactly where the wound was.

“If you apply pressure, the wound might stop. I have just one emergency band-aid for things like this. Well, actually more for things like paper cuts since I get them often, but it works either way.” She pulled me back to class. She searched through her bag, taking out a band-aid. “Hope you don’t mind the pattern~” She took my hand, placing the band-aid around my cut. It had little bunnies on it…

“Ok then. I’ll see you tomorrow!” She smiled, leaving. I looked at the band-aid. Bunnies…? Seriously? Whatever. After a few weeks or so, she’ll definitely trust me. Then I can get to Gongchan.

 

I went back to the science room to check over her “registration form.” Let’s see. I saved her phone number in my phone in case I needed it and looked at her reason to join the club. ‘Science interests me; sometimes it’s the greatest escape from reality. Getting to see all the different possibilities of one experiment are like seeing how many different ways life can turn out.’

That’s actually…pretty insightful. Most people just write- because I like science. She seems interesting.

I left to go home. I wonder what I should do next to make her trust me. What are trust-building things? Hmm, I’ll think about it more.

 

Gongchan POV

She’s taking forever! I wonder if he tried anything funny. I was waiting outside the school for Sang Ki. She’s probably fine, but…I feel like it’ll be my fault if Jinyoung does anything for some reason.

I went back into the school. I saw Jinyoung instead. “Where’s Sang Ki-ah?” I asked him.

“Hm? She left a while ago.” He said.

“And just what did you ask her?”

“…For her registration information.” He said in a blank tone. Hm?

“What’s that?” I pointed to his finger. He raised it.

“Ah. I got a cut.”

“And you wear bunny band-aids…?” He laughed.

“Sang Ki-ah gave it to me. She should still be around here. And how about you? Do you like her or something?” he asked with a smile.

“What does it matter to you?” I said. He creeps me out now.

“Well she is now a member of my club. I care for all my members.”

“Whatever.” I walked away, trying to catch sight of Sang Ki, I noticed Jinyoung was still walking after me. I turned. “Could you stop doing that? Even if you like Sang Ki-ah, you shouldn’t follow me around.”

“What?! I don’t like Sang Ki-ah!” He yelled.

“Then why do constantly follow me?!” He approached me, leaning close to my face. I instinctively leaned backwards. He moved away. “I just want to be Sang Ki-ah’s friend and you two are friends, so I was trying to see how you did it.” What does that even mean?

“Just be yourself.” I think that’s the answer he needed? He smiled.

“See you later then.” He left, walking past me. Weirdo…

 

Jinyoung POV

Geez, I almost lost my control when he asked why I was following him! If he hadn’t leaned away, I might have done something I couldn’t take back. I hope he stops thinking that I like Sang Ki; I barely care about her and just need her to get to him!

I sighed, walking home. I should start talking to the girl more. She doesn’t seem like an uninteresting person, it should be fine, maybe even fun for all I know. I went inside my house; my mom immediately spotted my finger.

“How did this happen?!” she questioned me. How does she even see that the second I walk in?!

“Dropped a beaker, got a cut, put on a band-aid.” I said dully.

“No not that! The pattern! Did a girl give it to you~?” She asked. I nodded. “KYA! My son is finally hanging around girls! The next thing I know, you could bring one home!”

Ugh! Why is she always so bent on me finding a girlfriend?! I went to my room, staring at the band-aid. Such a girly design…I took a normal band-aid, changing the current one. I sighed. Now it looks boring in comparison… She said she only had one; maybe I should give her one in return? No, that’s really weird!

I slept, wondering what I should try next. Wait. That wasn’t a bad idea from before.

 

Sang Ki POV

“Morning.” I said to Gongchan as I entered the classroom. Jinyoung came over to me.

“A present for yesterday.” He handed me a little bag. Present? From Jinyoung?! The teacher came in and we all sat down. I wanted to open the bag, wondering what it could possibly be, but I restrained myself since the teacher was walking around, eyeing me especially.

This is too cruel. Getting a present from your crush and not being able to open it! Class was almost over. What could it be?! My imagination was getting the better of me. Just watch it be a beaker as membership initiation… The teacher left and Gongchan ran over, eyeing the bag.

“What was it?” he asked curiously.

“I didn’t open it yet.” I reached in finding a small box. It was a box of green dinosaur patterned band-aids! It was so cute! “WAH!” I looked up, but Jinyoung had already left class. I have to thank him! They’re just too cute! I got up, leaving Gongchan confused as I left class.

He’s probably by the science room. I walked in. Not here… Where else does Jinyoung go? I, by chance, spotted him outside from the window. I raced outside before he left campus.

“Jinyoung-ah!” He turned. I had to catch my breath before I could say anything more. “T-Thank you for these!” I held up the box. He smiled.

“The bunny ones didn’t suit me; you better put those on me the next time I get hurt.” He winked, walking away, leaving me stunned. Jinyoung didn’t just say that, did he? Oh my God?! Jung Jinyoung, I like you too much! He even winked! I was flailing about. I gasped. Maybe through the science club I can get him to like me!

 

Jinyoung POV

Hmm. That wasn’t something to say to a friend, but rather someone you like. I should try something else. She looked happy though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gah! Jinyoung and the band-aids! *also flailing about* Wonder how his plan with unravel~ So Gongchan is under the immpression that Jinyoung likes Sang Ki? And Jinyoung is trying gain Sang Ki as a friend, but she already likes him? Oh the irony...

If you have anything to say, feel free to do so~ ^^