It Doesn't Taste Good...

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

Sang Ki POV

He’s taking a while… but I just called him cute and pinched his cheeks! Now that his mom mentioned it, his cheeks did turn a little pink! He’s too cute!

He came back in. “So…what do you want to do?” He asked.

“Something fun~” I looked around.

“Ah. I know.” He went into a closet, lifting out a board game. “I used to play this when I was little.” He put it on the bed.

“How…old is this??” I’ve never heard of this game and I should know it since I have a little sister who loves board games.

“Apparently it’s from my mom’s childhood.” He said, opening the box.

“Wah! Shouldn’t you preserve it or something?!”

“Nah, games are meant to be played.” Can’t argue there. We took out the game pieces. “Let’s see, I forgot how to play.” He looked at what I think was an instruction manual. “Eh~ Let’s just play the game our way.”

He laid out the game board. There were little marbles for character pieces and cards for something else?

“Ok here’s how we’ll do it. We each have a player and try to make it to the end of the board by doing what the cards say. Good?” I agreed. “Ok, you go first. I’ll totally beat you since I lost at the arcade.” He taunted.

“We’ll see about that.” I picked up the first card. Ah… “C-Can we skip this card?” I asked.

“What? What’s it say?” He took the card from me. “O-Ohh… You…should still try to do it.” WHAT?! You do know what you’re asking for Jinyoung?! “A-At least attempt it.” I leaned closer to him, looking down. “Just try…” I pecked his cheek, immediately blushing.

His face turned red too. Why didn’t you tell me to just skip it?! “Okay….. on to the next card.” He said through his blushing cheeks.

 

Jinyoung POV

I only wanted to check something…I still only like Gongchan! But I didn’t think my face would heat up this much from something so simple! I’m really burning up! If Gongchan did that…I’m sure my head would explode!

I drew another card quickly. “W-We should stop playing this game…” I said, my voice cracking a little. The card said- Kiss another players forehead. What kind of game is this?! Is this what they did when my mom was young?! I don’t even want to imagine that…Euh…this must be why all my mom's auntie friends liked playing this with me...

She looked at the card. “W-What else do you want to do?” We started cleaning up the game.

“You should tell me who you like.” I didn’t forget from last time! That’s a total friendship thing! If she actually tells me then I know she’s friends with me.

“No. Who do you like?” she asked.

“I might tell, if you say yours.” Like I would ever tell her!

“No.”

“Is it Gongchan-ah?”

“No.” She said is with no hesitation, so it’s probably the truth. Who could she like then?

“What about Shinwoo-ah?”

“I barely know him!”

“Alright alright. Are you sure you even like anyone and aren’t just messing with me?”

“I definitely have someone in mind.” She smiled.

“Well what’s he like? Since when have you liked him?” I asked.

“Mmm…since freshmen year, so for 2 years now.” It’s just like me and Gongchan. “He…I’ve always been attracted to him.” She had a really caring smile on. He must be pretty special to her. “He’s really cute in my eyes, but not anyone else’s and I think he’s a funny, great guy. I feel like no one else thinks so and I just don’t understand because to me he’s just amazing. He’s even smart too.” Sounds like a perfect guy… “How about you? What’s the person you think of like?”

Gongchan?

“That person’s really cute. I didn’t know I was even attracted to cute people until I saw that person. I’ve liked that person since freshman year, like you and your guy. This person…they’re…” What is Gongchan…? For the first time I realized, I don’t know much about Gongchan…

“They’re what?” she interrupted my thoughts.

“I guess they just make my heart beat faster than normal.” I…I don’t know Gongchan…I don’t know what I like about him…I don’t even know his personality well! What have I been doing the past two years…? I destroyed my whole high school reputation or him, but…I don’t even know anything about him.

“Are you okay, Jinyoung-ah?” Sang Ki waved her fingers in front of my eyes.

 

“Ah, oh, yeah.” I said. I really… Suddenly, her stomach growled. It was so loud. I unconsciously started laughing. “Let’s get something to eat.” We went to the kitchen. Looked like my mom was already asleep, oh well. “What should we eat~?” I sang, searching through the fridge. “There’s seriously nothing to eat? Guess we have to cook.”

“You think you can beat me in cooking now?” She taunted.

“Whoa whoa now. I wasn’t going to say anything, but I do have mastery in baking.” I said with a smile.

“Haha, you can bake? Like cakes and stuff?” she asked. I nodded. I truthfully know nothing about real baking; I can only bake well because it’s like a science. You need to put in all the right things at certain measurements to create something delicious.

“We should make a cake. Then my skills can be shown.” I joked. “We have eggs and flour and everything. It’ll be a midnight snack.” She agreed and we started getting out ingredients and bowls.

I started whisking some eggs together and she separated the dry ingredients, mixing them up. We finished the cooking half and put it in the oven. “Now the fun part, icing.” I smiled, taking out more ingredients. This half didn’t work out as well…

“Looks good.” She said sarcastically. It was all liquidy and gross. “Taste some.” She said. We both knew no one would want to eat that stuff. She put some on her finger. “Eat.” She held her hand up to me.

“W-What? No...” I said shyly. She’s so outgoing when it comes to the things that should embarrass her.

“Come on~” She smiled cutely, holding her finger closer to my mouth. I pushed her hand away.

“No thank you…that stuff looks so gross.” She smirked.

“Someone’s a chicken. Or maybe because it’ll prove that you can’t bake and make me the winner of the day.” She teased.

“How does it say that?!” I yelled, grabbing her hand, putting her finger in my mouth, the icing off her thin finger. My face heated up as I tasted the cold icing against my tongue.

“H-How is it?” she asked, looking away with widened eyes.

“N-Not bad.” We both waited around for the oven to ding in silence. GAH! What am I doing?! When it finally did, I took the cake out. “This…it doesn’t really look great either…”

 

“What? How can you tell?”

“Just touch it, it should be soft right now, but it’s hard.” I felt the top.

“Really?” She felt the top. “Ah! Hot!” She waved her hand in the air, trying to cool it down.

“Idiot, don’t put so much pressure on a just-baked cake. Let me see your hand.” I took it. “I don’t think it’ll burn, but we should still rinse it.” I pulled her to the sink.

“I-I can do it by myself…” She said.

“Ah, ok. So what should we do with our failure cake?” I asked as she dried her hands.

“Hmm. Ah!” She took out her cellphone, pulling me close to her by the sleeve. She closely linked our arms, holding the phone up with the other. “Smile!” The phone flashed. “Our failure has been recorded haha.” We laughed. We felt bad, but we threw the bad cake away.

“So what should we eat now?”

“Actually, I was having so much fun that I’m not hungry anymore.” She laughed.

“I guess we should just go to sleep then.” I noticed that I had also lost any traces of hunger.

 

Sang Ki POV

That was so fun! I even got a photo with Jinyoung! Totally my new wallpaper! But before…with the icing…I didn’t think he would really it off my finger! So…embarrassing, it made us both blush! And the board game? Gah! I got to kiss his cheek!

We went back to his room. “You sleep on the bed, I got the floor.” He said. I sighed.

“You’re just like Gongchan-ah. We can both sleep on the floor if you have the same ist ideals.” He thought for a second.

“We can both just sleep on the bed then.” W-What?! He lay on the bed. “Hurry up, I have to turn off the light.” I shuffled over to him.

“I-I can just sleep on the ground, it’s fine.” I said shyly.

“Why? Just sleep here.” He moved over, giving me space to lie down.

I never pictured my Friday night in a bed with Jung Jinyoung.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's going to happen!? This type of situation...I wonder how Jinyoung is feeling about it. But the icing and the board game!? Oh my God!

If you have anything to say, feel free to do so ^^