It's Only For Girls?

You're Such a Geek, but I Like You

 

Gongchan POV

I looked around for her, but I think she had left campus. I went home, wondering why Jinyoung gave her a present. It feels so…out of character? Well I don’t know him THAT well, but still, he doesn’t seem like the type to buy a girl a box how band-aids. Heck, who even gifts that to someone?! I guess he IS weird…

I woke up the next day, reenergized for school. I got to class; where’s Sang Ki? She wasn’t there yet… Jinyoung stared at me. “Do you need something?” I asked him.

“No.” Sang Ki ran in, sitting quickly as class started. We just learned more about math that I didn’t understand. I have to get Sang Ki to explain it to me today…Ah! It’s Thursday, she’s probably going to that science club meeting. Ugh…I guess I’ll see her on Friday anyway.

Class ended and I got up, going over to Sang Ki. I noticed that Jinyoung immediately left. “So should we just meet up again on Friday?” I asked her.

“Yeah sure.” She smiled, putting her things into her bag. “Well I’ll see you tomorrow then.” She left. I hope Jinyoung doesn’t turn out to be a real creep like I thought he was…

 

Jinyoung POV

I made sure to get to the science room as fast as I could. I need to set up my next plan. Although we usually decide lab partners for our experiments simply by picking, today, I took some sticks of different sizes to decide. I’ll make sure we’re partners and that will boost our friendship! And todays experiment will help too!

The other members started coming in. Soon Sang Ki entered and everyone sat down. “Ok, let’s start the meeting.” I said. “Firstly, we have a new member if you noticed. Her name is Sang Ki-ah and I hope we can all be friends. Please don’t bother her just because she’s a girl.” I smiled at her. “Secondly, our new method of picking partners is by chance because I know you will all bother Sang Ki-ah. And thirdly, todays experiment is going to be interesting Now let’s get started!”

I took out the sticks. I made sure no one would be able to see the shortest two, which Sang Ki and I would take. They all chose, but one noticed the short stick. I discretely pinched his finger, crushing it in my hand. He picked the other one. “I guess these are the only two left then.” I said to Sang Ki.

 

“For today’s experiment, we’ll be exploring the possibilities of magic.” They all had confused looks. “We’ll be seeing if things such as magic potions truly exist. Today’s lab is to make a love potion. I found this article online and it looked pretty legit, so we will be trying today.” I passed out the procedures to everyone. I don’t even know if this potion will work or not, but it really just looks interesting. “Well let’s get started.”

I went over to Sang Ki, who was already being bombarded by the other guys. “Sang Ki-ah, why don’t we go over there?” I took her to an empty table. The guys tried to follow, but I gave them a glare.

“Let’s see what we need first.” She looked through the procedure. We started making the potion as the instructions told us. We should talk more, right? We’ve just been doing the experiment quietly… Soon we finished. “Jinyoung-ah, try it.” She handed the bottle potion to me.

 

“Wah~ No you try it.” Even if it does somehow work, what good would it be if I liked you?

“Fine, I’ll try it instead.” Apparently the potion ‘works’ if you drink a sip and then look at whomever you were supposed to fall in love with. She took a sip, looking at me. “Jinyoung-ah…” She had a soft gaze. Um… She immediately grabbed me around the waist.

W-What is she doing?! Did it seriously work?! Everyone stared, gasping. She let go, sticking her tongue out.

“Just kidding.” All the guys laughed. Geez, don’t do that to a person… “But I do admit it does attract you to the person suddenly.”

“How so?” She sniffed the potion.

“Ah. It’s because it smells like vanilla with cinnamon. That’s a scent that attracts women, right?” That’s true. She laughed. “You could have just bought some vanilla if you wanted to use this on someone.”

“But that’s not fun.”

“True. So did you have someone you wanted to use this on?”

“Uhh…maybe.”

“Really? Who?” Well it wouldn’t even work on Gongchan since he’s a guy…

“No one. Do you have anyone you would want to use it on?”

“I do, but this would only affect girls, so no.” People become friends when they know each other’s crush’s, don’t they?

“Who is it~?” I asked.

“Wah, I can’t tell you!”

“Why?” This can be used to build trust and friendship, don’t just reject!

“You didn’t tell me yours; I have no reason to say mine.” Well, I wasn’t going to say mine either.

“I’ll just have to find out through other means then.” I smiled. I have no other means…

 

Sang Ki POV

Like I would just say that I like you. And It seems that he has someone he likes…I wonder who…? I’d be lying if it didn’t make me a little sad. “Well we should clean up and leave now.” Everyone cleaned up and we all started going home. It was already getting dark; the winter must be coming early this year.

People started splitting up and it was just me and Jinyoung walking together. I was a bit nervous…I mean I know he isn’t a stalker, but just to be walking alone with him at night…

“So where do you live?” he suddenly asked. “I can’t let a girl walk home alone at this time.”

“Ah, no, it’s fine.” I said.

“What if you get kidnapped? I’ll just take you home first.” I was a little happy on the inside. I led the way to my house. I feel like I’m being too trusting right now… “Oh, you only live like 15 minutes from my house…Well see you tomorrow.” He smiled, leaving.

“Sang Ki!” Jinyoung turned back around as did I, only to see my dad. His arms were crossed and he glared at Jinyoung. “Who’s the friend?” He put emphasis on the word friend.

“Ahh…no one.” I motioned for Jinyoung to leave, but he walked past me and to my dad.

“Hello. My name is Jung Jinyoung.” He said formally. My dad looked a little surprised, but quickly put his glare back on.

“Come in, boy.” He led Jinyoung inside. Why did he just accept?!

 

Jinyoung POV

“Sit down.” Her father said to me. Someone, I’m guessing her mother, looked at me curiously. I sat on a couch across from her father in an arm chair. “Who are you?”

“Jung Jinyoung.”

“No, what relation do you have to my daughter?” Her mother stood next to him. Sang Ki came in, sitting next to me.

“She’s my friend and also a member of the science club, which I am the president of.” He looked surprised again.

“You’re a member of the science club?” He asked Sang Ki.

“Yeah. Jinyoung-ah was just nice enough to walk me home after the meeting since it was dark.” He looked back at me.

“And you’re just a friend?”

“Of course.” I replied.

“Do you, by chance, know a punk named Gongchan?” he asked. Gongchan?? A punk??

“Dad!” Sang Ki yelled.

“I do, he’s Sang Ki-ah’s friend too.” Her father shook his head.

“If you see that kid tomorrow, tell him never to come here again.” What did Gongchan do? And why was he here?!

“What did he do?” I asked.

“He slept with my daughter, what else!” My eyes widened. WHAT?!

“Yah dad! Don’t exaggerate!” Sang Ki yelled.

“I’m saying the truth!” He yelled back. “And just tell him, alright?” He said to me. I was too shocked to do anything but nod with my mouth slightly open. “Ok, then, thanks for walking my daughter home.” Sang Ki led me out.

“Sorry about that…” she said, outside.

“I-It’s fine, but you slept with Gongchan-ah?” I was utterly shocked. They couldn’t have.

“No! I was alone with my sister and my parents weren’t home and that was the day I thought you were a stalker and Gongchan slept NEXT to me on the ground. There was a clear distance! He was just being a nice person!” She explained. Thank you, God. Really.

“Oh…well then I’ll see you tomorrow.” I smiled, knowing that Gongchan wasn’t in love with her or anything!

I walked home. What other friendship building things can I do? She lived only 15 minutes away, I could walk with her to school?? Maybe. What else…? I could do something sweet? That boosts friendship, right?

I started searching for things friends do on my laptop. Most things were just about hanging out. I have to gain more trust before I can go hang out with her… Maybe shopping? Girls really like to shop and going with her might help us become friends?

Actually…I’ve got another idea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is Jinyoung planning? And haha he thinks out everything! Like getting the dad's trust thus getting Sang Ki's trust this Gongchan's? Wonder how that'll work for you Jinyoung~

If you have anything to say, feel free to do so~ ^^

By the way: listening to B1A4's Because of You- I'm being 100% serious here, if I wasn't already in love with Jinyoung, I would have fallen in love from his beautiful voice at the beginning of the song. No joke.