The Making of the Baddest Female

Personality Clash!

 

“No!” Yongguk shouted and began to leave

“But… Please! This is important for me.” CL pleaded.

He stopped before opening the door and asked, “Why is it that important for you, huh?”

CL was unable to respond, although her face showed that she wanted to say a million words and explain.

Yongguk smirked. “This is your problem, not mine.” Then he left.

 

***

 

The following day…

 

CL’s Thoughts

 

“Mom…” I called to mom who was busy doing something with her laptop.

“What is it, baby?” She asked.     

“Where is dad?” I was young and naïve then, I didn’t know or mind about the consequences of such a question.

Mom took off her eyeglasses and sat next to me at the sofa. She took my hands and rubbed them with hers. “Chaerin, baby, your father…” she paused for a while before continuing, “Your father left a long time ago.”

“Did he… did he leave you for another woman?” I asked, again, not thinking how this could affect my mom.

She chuckled although I can see that she’s about to cry. “No, no, he didn’t… He left because he couldn’t take the responsibility of being a father. When he found out that I was pregnant, he was suddenly gone… he didn’t even leave a note.” At that, she broke into tears.

Since then, as I grew up, she has always told me to be careful with men because they are good at breaking the hearts of women who have genuine feelings for them. I know that men can sometimes be like that but I did not coincide with her hatred of them, that’s why I was never open to her about the guys I like.

However, how I see men changed when I met Jiyong…

It happened when I was in middle school. You see, I wasn’t this kind of person when I was young. Even though I was the daughter of Lee Hyori, the owner of one of the most famous entertainment company in Korea, I didn’t care much about how I look like, or my image. I used to be a t-shirt-and-jeans kind of girl. I was simple and because of that, people told me that I’m so down to earth so I thought it was a good thing. I was kind then, friendly, happy, until…

“Kwon Jiyong, I like you!” I exclaimed because of my shyness as I held out a letter for him to receive.

Jiyong, with his hands in his pockets, looked at me and smirked. “Uhm, I’m really sorry, but you’re not my type.” Then he left.

At that, my heart sank. I stood there, frozen. I was so hurt. The only thing positive about that event is that no one was there to witness it; at least I was spared the humiliation, however, the pain that he gave me hurt more.

When I came home, I went straight to my bedroom and cried. The maids kept on knocking at my door, asking if I was okay, but I just told them to go away. A few minutes later, I heard mom’s car. She immediately went to my room and hugged me.

“You were right mom! You were right!” I bawled as I held into mom’s arms.

“You know what hurts more mom? He didn’t even take the letter I wrote for him! I have expected that he might not like me and I am not forcing him to return my feelings but the fact that he didn’t care how I feel for him hurts so much mom. He didn’t even ask me my name!!! I just wanted to express my love for him…”

She didn’t ask me anything, instead, she just let me cry my heart out even though she did not really understand what was happening.

After a few days of drama, I finally took the courage to tell mom everything. Again, she didn’t tell me anything, nor did she say that she was right about men – she just hugged me and comforted me.

When I finished high school, I thought of changing my image. I wasn’t actually sure why, but I liked it anyway. Who wouldn’t want to be called a ‘queen’, right? Also, I realized that it felt nice being pretty and gaining the respect of people.

When I came to Wilds University, I was surprised when I found out that GD was also studying there. He was known as G-Dragon or GD since high school and has now brought the name to college. At first, I was afraid for I know that even though I hate him so much, deep inside me are the same feelings I had for him in middle school. There were even times when I thought that maybe he has changed, but somehow, when he asked me to be his girlfriend, I just thought that I couldn’t be stupid again and fall for him. He hurt me so much before; I wanted to do the same to him.

 

---

 

Those were the things rambling in CL’s mind as she was preparing herself to go to school. She sighed a lot.

After getting dressed, she went down to her mom who was already waiting for her at the dining table. She kissed her and took her seat.

“Mom, is it okay if I leave for school now?” CL asked, smiling.

“Ehh, why?” Hyori pouted.

“I just need to fix something.”

“So this is what happens when children grow up, they leave their mothers alone during breakfast.” Hyori narrowed her eyes then sighed. “Fine, fine. At least bring something that you could eat on the way.”

“Thanks mom! See you later!” She kissed her mom and left.

Hyori smiled.

***

 

CL arrived early at school and there were still very few people. She immediately went to the rooms at the back of the school. At first, she didn’t even know that these rooms existed because from up front, people wouldn’t really notice it, but that’s actually the purpose of placing those rooms at the back. Well, the students who get those rooms are those who are in the lowest section – students who need to be hidden from the eyes of others. Plus, most of the time, these students wreck the rooms they get, so it is best that visitors do not see them.

CL slowly walked the dim-lighted hallways. It was scary. The corridors were dirty, there were lots of writings on the walls, and the wind seemed cold. It’s like a ghost lived there. She was just about to leave when she heard noises. Two guys suddenly appeared in front of her, running and hitting each other. CL stopped in shock, and when the two boys were aware of her presence, they did too.

“Oh, isn’t she that girl from yesterday?” A blonde boy with blue highlights said.

“Uhm, yeah, I think so.” The other, also blonde, said as he still held onto the collar of the other boy.

“Yah! Stop talking like I’m just a picture here.” CL said, finally getting back to her senses.

The two laughed and bowed. “Sorry.”

“Yah! Zelo! Jongup! What’re you still doing there?” It was Yongguk.

CL suddenly felt nervous when she heard Yongguk coming. He was walking towards them with Himchan. When they got close enough to see who the two maknae’s were talking to, they stopped on their tracks.

“Oh, you’re blonde… you’re all blonde!” CL, in a way, seemed amazed.

“Uh, Isn’t that… you’re girlfriend?” Himchan chuckled.

“Shut up!” Yongguk said, not happy with the joke. He went to CL. “What are you doing here?”

“I…” CL began, but Yongguk cut her short.

“No, I don’t want to know. Just leave.” Yongguk said.

“Yah, hyung, isn’t that a bit harsh?” Himchan said and put his hand on Yongguk’s shoulder. Daehyun and Youngjae were also behind them.

“Yah! Get off – ”

“Will you just shut up and listen!” CL shouted and made everyone silent.

Yongguk now faced her. Himchan, who was still holding onto Yongguk’s shoulder, broke into a laugh along with the others. They just couldn’t stand the fact that Yongguk was quieted by a girl. Irritated, Yongguk wiped Himchan’s hand off his shoulder.

CL suddenly felt ashamed for shouting.

“Sorry miss, for being so impolite, we’ll just go so that the two of you could talk.” Daehyun said.

CL smiled. Finally, they were alone.

“What do you want?” Yongguk asked.

“Do you have time to talk? I want to tell you why it is important for me…” CL said.

“I’m listenin’.” He said.

 

***

 

Sorry for the super late update XD

Forgive me for procrastinating, haha

Hope this chapter answers one of your questions :)