Happy Birthday (Part 1)

Personality Clash!

 

2NE1 made their usual entrance, this time without Yongguk.

“Happy birthday queen CL!” Everyone shouted.

“Thank you, thank you.” CL repeatedly said as the students hand her gifts which was then taken into care by the officers of her fan club.

The girls continued walking. When they finally escaped the huge crowd and arrived at the staircase Tiffany blocked their way. Both of her hands were on placed side by side her hips.

CL  scoffed, “Look who’s here.”

“Yeah, look who’s here.” Tiffany teased.

CL took one step forward and leaned closer to Tiffany to whisper something, “So, I heard you were responsible – no, wait, I heard you were the culprit who messed with my outfit yesterday. Too bad it didn’t turn out how you wanted it to be. What can I do? Whatever I wear looks good on me.” CL smirked.

Tiffany suddenly felt nervous, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Stop acting, will you? Stop acting sweet and cute ‘cause we both know what kind of person you really are.” CL walked away leaving a confused crowd and a pissed Tiffany.

 

***

 

After classes, 2NE1 went to their private room.

“Ooooh! So many gifts! Let’s open them.” Bom was so excited.

“Oh my gosh!” Minzy screamed in delight when she found an iphone5 tied with a pink ribbon on the table. “I really want this! Mom won’t let me buy one.”

“Could be from one of your rich suitors.” Dara said, ignoring Minzy’s rants.

CL picked it up and turned it back and forth.

“Like GD?” Minzy teased then Bom and Dara giggled.

CL was about to defend herself when the phone suddenly rang. The four of them were startled.

“Answer it!” The three urged.

“Hello?” CL said as the girls listened.

“Saengil chukahamnida, saengil chukahamnida, saranghaneun… saengil chukahamnida!” The person on the other line sang sweetly and said, “Happy birthday Chae.”

“GD?” CL was surprised. Bom, Dara and Minzy kept themselves from screaming.

“Yup! It’s none other than your GD, GD, baby, baby.” GD chuckled at his silliness, but little did he know, it made CL blush that she was unable to say anything.

“Chae, I have a surprise for you.” He continued.

“You do?” CL tried to hide the excitement in her voice.

“Of course! Now, just keep me close and I’ll tell you what to do.”

“Okay.” CL bit her lip and smiled.

“First, go out of that room, turn right and walk to the end of the hall.”

CL went to the hallway. She was so excited and curious that she didn’t notice a whole crowd of students following her. Word of mouth probably came fast or they simply knew that GD would pull something off at this very special day.

CL reached the end of the hall, “Oh my gosh…”

The students quickly followed to see what surprised CL. They gasped when they saw that the corridors up ahead were covered with red rose petals.

“You’re there! Now, follow where those petals lead you.” GD said.

Before proceeding, CL took a photo of the corridor with her phone. She smiled as she stared at it for a while and continued walking. The students were about to follow her when Bom, Dara and Minzy stopped them.

“This is as far as you go.” Dara said in a nice but threatening tone of voice.

Bom crossed her arms on her chest, “I sure as hell would like to find out what the surprise is -”

“But there is no way you’re ruining these petals.” Minzy finished.

The students frowned, but they wouldn’t try to defy 2NE1, so they just left.

With phone on her ear, CL continued walking through the direction of the rose petals.

“Still there?” GD asked.

“Yeah, I’ve climbed a couple flights of stairs already. Are you going to make me jump from the rooftop?” CL laughed.

“Hmm, not quite, but close.” GD teased.

CL finally reached the door that leads to the rooftop. When she looked down the floor, she saw that the rose petals continue to the other side of the door – she opened it.

“Happy birthday Chae!” TOP, Daesung, and Seungri greeted her and each handed her a bouquet of red roses.

“Thank you.” CL was so happy that she forgot that GD was on the phone.

“There’s a call for you.” Taeyang handed her his phone.

“I told you to keep me close, right?” It was GD again.

“I’m sorry,” CL smiled at his sweetness, “I thought you’d be here.”

“You’ll see me soon. Goodbye for now.”

“Okay.” CL hanged up and gave Taeyang’s phone back.

“I assume you did not think of this as a display.” Taeyang said, pertaining to a helicopter behind him.

“I didn’t really notice it until now.” CL was very shocked.

“I was given the honor to you to the destination. Let’s not keep Mr. Kwon waiting, so Ms. Lee Chaerin, shall we?” Taeyang offered his hand to CL. She smiled and gave it to him.

Taeyang followed when she got on the helicopter. After being airborne for about 10 minutes, the chopper slowly went back down. CL looked out of the window and saw a very wide lawn covered with green, green grass.

“Where are we?” CL asked.

Taeyang pointed out of the window. She followed where his finger was pointing at and saw GD standing there.

One of GD’s butlers opened the door of the helicopter. Taeyang went down first and helped CL out.

“She’s all yours.” Taeyang said as GD walked towards them.

“Thanks bro.” GD said.

“Wait! What? You’re not coming.” CL asked.

Taeyang laughed, “Of course not! This is as far as I go.” He went back in the helicopter and bid goodbye to the two.

CL suddenly grew nervous, knowing that she and GD will be left alone. She looked at him then he smiled.

“It sure took a lot of trouble getting you here.” GD joked. He knew CL was feeling tense.

“You could have just told me the address to your house.” CL laughed.

“Well, you know.” He shrugged, “I’m good with surprises, aren’t I?”

CL blushed, “You could say that… Honestly, I’m used with luxury but what you did today still amazed me.”

GD smiled and then took her hand, “Let’s go out back. I prepared something for you.”

The two of them went to the garden. There, a blanket and a basket rested under a huge tree.

“I thought I’d prepare dinner, but I think it’s too early for that, so I thought of this.” GD said.

CL looked down and smiled. GD didn’t know whether that was a good sign or not. GD sat down and invited CL with a hand. She took it and sat next to him.

“Uhm, is it okay for you to eat on the ground? ‘Cause if it’s not, I can immediately have someone prepare a table for us.” He said.

CL smiled, “Of course it’s okay.”

The two of them chatted and laughed while they enjoyed the food. CL was definitely happy, but GD noticed something.

“What’s wrong?” GD was worried.

“Nothing’s wrong.” CL forced a smile.

“You’re bothered. What is it?” GD seemed genuinely concerned about her.

The smile on CL’s face faded. She turned to him, “Why? Why are you being like this even though I told you already that I like someone?”

GD smiled although he seemed sad. He looked straight to her eyes and said, “Because I know that’s not true.”

CL didn’t know what to say. She grabbed her stuff and stood up, “Thank you for everything, but I have to go.”

GD just stared at her as she walked away.

 

***

 

So here goes that long chapter. Haha. I hope it’s long enough though.

I really owe you a lot of updates guys and I will fulfill that, promise.

Thanks for sticking around :)

What do you think of this SkyDragon moment? Don’t worry SkyBang shippers, we’ll get to that soon :*