The Reasons behind the Lies

Personality Clash!

“What was that?” Yongguk shouted, finally free from CL’s arm, just as they entered an empty classroom.

“Will you keep your voice down? I don’t want them to know we’re here.” CL said as she closed the door behind them and locked it.

“Okay now, lady, will you please explain everything to me?” Yongguk sat on the teacher’s table.

CL pulled a chair, sat next to Yongguk, and rested her feet on the chair she just took. She sighed deep and was silent for a while.

“What? Are you going to talk or should I just leave?” Yongguk asked, getting irritated.

“Yah! Will you just shut up?” CL retorted.

“Shut up? You want me to shut up?” Yongguk scoffed. “After that XX just hit me in the face? I didn’t even do anything to him!”

CL slammed her hands on the table they were sitting on. “Fine! Fine! It’s my fault!”

Yonnguk chuckled. “Don’t you think I haven’t figured it out by now?”

CL rolled her eyes which made him laugh.

“Well, I want to know the reason I was hit.” He said.

CL sighed again. “Okay… I just don’t know how to say it…” She paused to think for a while then continued, “I don’t know if you saw the scene but GD said that he likes me and asked me to be his girlfriend.” CL stopped talking when she saw Yongguk trying to suppress his laughter. “What?” She asked.

Yongguk tried to stop himself from bursting to a laugh and regained his composure. “Nothing, nothing.”

“WHAT? Say it!”

“It’s just,” Yongguk was chuckling again. “It’s so cheesy.”

CL rolled her eyes, crossed her arms, and hopped down from the table. Seeing that she was about to leave, Yongguk stopped laughing and took her by the arm. “I’m fine now, proceed with your story.”

“How do you suppose will I explain things to you when you keep on being so immature there?” CL was annoyed.

“Come on now, just continue.” He said.

CL sat back on the table and continued, “Okay… where was I?”

“The girlfriend part.” He answered like an attentive student.

“Oh yeah…”

CL was still talking when Yongguk interrupted and asked, “What did you tell him?”

“I-I said that I don’t like him.” She said with her head bent down so as to hide her face from shyness.

“You know, I really don’t understand how I got into this.” Yongguk said.

“Well, that’s when you come in, actually. He asked me if like someone else and I pointed at you.”

“Whoa! Whoa! Are you for real?” Yongguk laughed.

“Yah! Don’t think so highly of yourself, of course it was a lie!” CL remarked.

“I know, I know,” Yongguk came back to his normal self after a hearty laugh. “What I wanted to say was, why me? Of all the students here, why would you choose someone from the lowest section and knows nothing but trouble? Why didn’t you choose someone you can flaunt to that Dragon?” His tone was serious now.

“If I had the time, maybe I would have, but everything just happened so fast!”

“Why did you do that anyway? Why do you have to tell him that you like me when you could just have told the truth?”

“Because I wanted to hurt him…” CL said, in a sad yet firm voice.

 

***

 

GD dashed into their room with the other Big Bang boys following behind. He slammed the door open and threw himself on the sofa.

“Hyung, will you tell us what happened?” Seungri said sounding very worried as he joined GD on the sofa.

“Jiyong…” TOP softly said, also worried.

GD sighed and somehow lost his anger. “I’m so stupid…”

“Will you please elaborate?” Youngbae said, getting tired of his best friend’s drama. Daesung nudged his elbow and he looked at him as if to say ‘What?’

“Remember what you suggested me when I said something about making this school year fun?” GD asked.

“Uhm, yeah?” Youngbae answered while TOP and Daesung sat on the two empty seats in front of the sofa.

“Well, I just asked someone to be my girlfriend.”

“What? Why so sudden?” Seungri exclaimed.

Youngbae chuckled. “And she turned you down?”

GD hit Youngbae’s arm. “Shut up!”

The four laughed.

“So she did turn you down?” TOP teased.

GD smirked.

“Did you ask her why?” Daesung asked.

“She said she likes someone else.” GD stared at nowhere but with flaming eyes.

“Who wouldn’t like hyung? Or say, who is better than hyung?” Seungri said.

GD laughed at the maknae’s cuteness, making the others smile as well. “Apparently, a guy named Yongguk is better than me.”

“The name sounds familiar…” TOP said almost to a whisper.

“What?” GD asked.

“Nothing.” TOP said.

“Who is this girl by the way?” Youngbae asked.

“Chaerin, Lee Chaerin.” GD said.

 

 

***

 

I hope your questions were answered, but I think you'll have a new set because of this chapter XD

What do you think? Express your thoughts and help me improve here